closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conor McGregor’s new watch

Master
    Seriously, J&co probably gave him the watch. If they sell one other at RRP they’re breaking even. If they sell any more they’re winning. And that doesn’t even factor in lower and mid priced watches they sell as a result of this

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re paying him on top of giving him the watch.

I personally think it’s an amazing piece of craftsmanship, mechanical watchmaking at it’s very best. I love watches so if I was a billionaire I’d almost certainly be more interested in stuff like this rather than the new sub.

Posted today - a "critique" of Conor's choice:

https://youtu.be/uUWeh2-mCJI?t=482

Craftsman
    On top of the cost, he'll also be liable for the VAT when he returns home..if ireland, 23%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Seriously, J&co probably gave him the watch. If they sell one other at RRP they’re breaking even. If they sell any more they’re winning. And that doesn’t even factor in lower and mid priced watches they sell as a result of this

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re paying him on top of giving him the watch.

I personally think it’s an amazing piece of craftsmanship, mechanical watchmaking at it’s very best. I love watches so if I was a billionaire I’d almost certainly be more interested in stuff like this rather than the new sub.
    You can see a lot of how Jacob and Co operate by watching the 'producer michael' channel on YouTube. I doubt very much he was given it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

Ive seen the Astronomia Tourb minus the diamonds through work and it was a mindblowing piece of workmanship. Might not be to everyones taste but I couldn't fault it.
    Its a great thing to watch and if you can afford it, then why not?
    No questioning the workmanship, that really is just gorgeous to look at, I’ll never have the money for anything like this but I honestly think if I had something that nice I’d be too scared to wear it, just want to look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    You can see a lot of how Jacob and Co operate by watching the 'producer michael' channel on YouTube. I doubt very much he was given it.
    I’ve seen a few of the videos, I suppose the one that’s relevant is when he got 50% discount!!!

There’s no way he paid anywhere near a million if anything.

Whether we like it or not connor’s a huge star (2nd biggest boxing PPV) and giving him a watch is brilliant advertising. If he’s walking around Abu Dhabi wearing it and all the toys is on him how many Arab Royals would be tempted!

The real tragedy is having his name embroidered on his shirt cuff!

Conor who ? He is dead to me after i watched a video of him punching an fairly old man in the head in a pub who was sat down and facing the other way.
    A cowardly assault, his body guards had to drag Connor out of the pub like an animal.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Conor who ? He is dead to me after i watched a video of him punching an fairly old man in the head in a pub who was sat down and facing the other way.
    A cowardly assault, his body guards had to drag Connor out of the pub like an animal.
    This is exactly how I feel, I used to like him, but since this incident and the coach incident, really put me off him. Having said that I do think he has some nice watches!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Didn't know he could tell the time

Craftsman
    Think the watch looks horrendous but I've always admired the movement in the astronomina

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Floyd Mayweather’s collection xD

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Floyd Mayweather’s collection xD

Funny how it actually looks cheap and tacky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    Funny how it actually looks cheap and tacky like this.

Brass no class.

Each to their own but that is a crime against watches.

There appears to be one PP there which has escaped such brutality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Brass no class.
    There are well documented racial, cultural, ethnic and economic reasons for the bling culture in racial and ethnic minorities. While certainly not a fan of bling, it has less to do with lack of ‘class’ than comments like the one above.

Conor McGregor’s new watch

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    There are well documented racial, cultural, ethnic and economic reasons for the bling culture in racial and ethnic minorities. While certainly not a fan of bling, it has less to do with lack of ‘class’ than comments like the one above.
    Quite, he (Mayweather) may well think a box full of subs is naff.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I was referring to both McGreggor and Mayweather.

I try not to discriminate on race: an unfortunate consequence of the myriad do gooders on social media and elsewhere is that they do just that. As for the economic reasons - I grew up as working class as either of them.

It’s not uncommon for us to suddenly gain money and spend it on gaudy tat. See most premiership footballers’ interior design choices. In fact my sister insisted on redecorating my house because I have zero taste - fair cop.

There are African American and even Dubliners out there with impeccable taste, by attempting to lump them all together with ‘studies’ penned by grifters all we achieve is a perpetuation of racist stereotypes.

In my humble opinion.

Final thoughts: Producer Michael.