closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yan Bingtao....

Yan Bingtao....

....is Masters Champion.

He’s been outstanding all week and thoroughly deserves the win. One to watch at the World Championship.

Well deserved, I was rooting for Higgins but after about 7 frames I was secretly wanting Yan to win.
    Well done Yan. Brilliant game of snooker.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Gutted for Higgins, chuffed for Yan. I didn't watch as much of the competition as I'd have liked however what I did get to see were some fantastic matches.

The wizard bottled it, far from his best, but congrats to Yan, cool customer at only 20. Can maybe buy a longer shirt now.

He made several glaring errors throughout that final, the blue in the middle and the obvious in off on the black- not to mention the risky doubled black. The pace he played it it was always going to hang over the picket- very odd.

Craftsman
    The guy is as cool as a cucumber and would be an amazing poker player if he wasn’t so good with a cue.

If his long-potting had been better I think the score line could have been 10-6. Great to see one of the China players lift the title as they give up a lot to live here to learn their trade. Just a shame there was no one in the arena to cheer him on.

As someone else has pointed out he’s one to watch for the Worlds, especially at 25/1.

Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    The guy is as cool as a cucumber and would be an amazing poker player if he wasn’t so good with a cue.

If his long-potting had been better I think the score line could have been 10-6. Great to see one of the China players lift the title as they give up a lot to live here to learn their trade. Just a shame there was no one in the arena to cheer him on.

As someone else has pointed out he’s one to watch for the Worlds, especially at 25/1.
    It’s a good bet but I’d still have concerns with him over the longer format. Second round last year so I think he’ll need a year or two before he’s ready.

Master
    Very good prospect, albeit every year or so we hear about the next big thing coming out of China- Agree his temperant was good all week, would it be the same in a packed Ally Pally? TBF to Higgins and to give him credit, reaching the final and playing some wonderful stuff along the way, brilliant achievement considering he’s just changed his cue, his game against ROS was the best I’ve seen him play in a long long time.

That clearance from 67 down to take it to a respot black was the turning point - he had the belief from that point that he could win the match. Great talent to do well in the longer format, but may take him a few years to win the World Championship

Master
    Yan Bingtao is a good player and has had a great week, but as usual everyone is predicting a World champion already. He’s only 20 yrs of age and has a lot of learning still to do, if Higgins had taken his chances I would have said he’d have won comfortably even possibly 10-6. The press want the next big story as do the pundits but I’d be surprised if he makes the semi finals of the Worlds in the next 5 yrs. There are a lot of strong players about at this time and even the older players are proving to last much longer in their careers than Davis/Parrot/Taylor etc. . . Give him time to perfect his craft and in 5 yrs time we may see him achieve the potential everyone is talking about.

Master
    Fantastic. Glad someone won, whoever they are, because it means bloody snooker won't over-run something I want to watch. Roll on the next limited interest sport to ruin my televisual enjoyment lol.

Loved his fist pump when he knew he won, the sort of passion that we rarely see in snooker nowadays. Gutted for John tho too - but really enjoyed the tournament