closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Orient Super King Diver Review by JOMW

Orient Super King Diver Review by JOMW

Just watched Jody (Just One More Watch) ripping this watch to bits on YouTube - great laugh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEWj0W7uKDk

(Apologies to any owners here on TZ, I’m sure this is someone’s cup of tea :D )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, it is a bit of a mess where things just don't combine, but I don't hate it tbh. I've seen far worse, but then I'm a fan of ugly Seventies watch designs

It's like Orient tried and failed to bring together the octagonal Zenith Defy, Omega Mariner and Seiko Alpinest and added their own gaudy flair. The end result was a bit like Homer Simpson's car design.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 17th January 2021 at 12:49.

Hmmm. Yeah, that's a pretty ugly watch. I also kind of want one...

They have nicer watches. This is not one of their better efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Haha, it is a bit of a mess where things just don't combine, but I don't hate it tbh. I've seen far worse, but then I'm a fan of ugly Seventies watch designs

It's like Orient tried and failed to bring together the octagonal Zenith Defy, Omega Mariner and Seiko Alpinest and added their own gaudy flair. The end result was a bit like Homer Simpson's car design.
    Haha I don't hate it either - just really enjoyed the brutal review. Although despite the looks, it is quite funny how it's a 'Diver' with 50 m WR and no lume on the bezel:P

Journeyman
    He mentioned the king diver in the review and after looking into it I am impressed

https://wornandwound.com/orient-turn...he-king-diver/

Who knows how these two have come from the same brand

Craftsman
    Haha! I stumbled across this yesterday and got a good laugh out of it. I do like Jody’s reviews, and to be fair, he’s pretty spot on with this one!

Yeah I watched this last night, am subbed to JOMW as I really Jodys non nonsense style and amiable personality. He gives it a right coating and justifiably so, it’s butt ugly and has diabolical specs.

I’ve gone off Orient a bit. When I first got into watches they seemed to have an allure - good value, in-house, bit of brand history. But the Rays and Makos are pretty dull, the Bambino is oversized and nothing else really takes my fancy.

Thread bump. I just bought one and it's freaking awesome in a terrible way! This isn't a 70s homage or fancy reissue - this is a watch from the 70s. It wouldn't surprise me if what actually happened was someone from Orient found a basement in the factory where these things had been stored and forgotten about for the last 40+ years.
    Anyway, the head itself seems pretty weighty and solid and it's keeping excellent time. The bracelet is typical 70s cheapo utter crap and an absolute pain in the arse to adjust. But hey, 70s! I shall be wearing it lots.

£118 on Amazon if anyone is interested.

I really like these old 70s retro divers, great size and a big splash of colour. And i don't dislike the OPs one, but maybe a better dial colour way.
    Three ive had for quite some time, shame i rarely wear them.

A face not even its mother could love.

been a few months since my original post... still struggle to love them aha.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Thread bump. I just bought one and it's freaking awesome in a terrible way! This isn't a 70s homage or fancy reissue - this is a watch from the 70s. It wouldn't surprise me if what actually happened was someone from Orient found a basement in the factory where these things had been stored and forgotten about for the last 40+ years.
    Anyway, the head itself seems pretty weighty and solid and it's keeping excellent time. The bracelet is typical 70s cheapo utter crap and an absolute pain in the arse to adjust. But hey, 70s! I shall be wearing it lots.

£118 on Amazon if anyone is interested.
    The double push clasp definitely not 70’s !
    It’s a classic 70’s vibe for sure wear it with flared two tone trousers, massive collared psychedelic shirt. Bata Shoes
    Huggy Bear vibes

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app