closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Burger Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    It did in this case!
    I wouldn’t mind a bit of Mac & Cheese, especially if it had a bit of bacon in it - I sometimes get it as a side with my burger order, so adding it in the bun isn’t a huge step - yum ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Never understood burgers taller than a mouth opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    You just need a bigger mouth.

I’m surprised I’ve struggled myself sometimes, as I’ve no difficulty fitting my foot in it at times ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    It’s bloody awful, Stu, and no one else in my family is affected by it, so you’re made to feel a bit strange.

I have some memories of my childhood, being woken up/grabbed out of bed after my father returned from a nightshift angry, as earlier I had refused to finish my veg for my mother. No doubt he got home and was immediately advised of the bad behaviour. I’d then be beaten, sat back down at the kitchen table and made to finish off the cold veg, and then sent back to bed - it was fairly traumatic.
    Jesus thats bad mate. Times where different then but blimey. I feel decidedly lucky in comparison. I'd sit and tell them its like having a mouth full of tin foil but it was seen to be a really poor excuse for not eating some veg. To be fair some just make me retch like sprouts and cauliflower. Less said about mushrooms the better.

I'll let this thread get back on track. Best burger is 80% brisket, 20% sirloin minced twice. Nothing else added. Straight from the fridge so they maintain their shape. salt and pepper just before cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I have similar thoughts but they should really be restricted to the Bear Pit

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I have similar thoughts but they should really be restricted to the Bear Pit
    I’m not too put off by tower burgers. Probably all down to one specific memory of going round Germany (and France), in a camper van with the parents, when stopping off at a cafe for lunch and being confronted by Big Billy Burger and Big Joey Burger options. We hadn’t had what felt like normal food in weeks, it was probably only after a couple of days on “foreign” food. The burgers were huge, but to a young boy craving something like a burger it was heaven. They needed to be dissembled in order to make a smaller burger in a bun, and the rest eaten with knives and forks, but those burgers were amazing, and we were a group of happy smiley well fed kids that day :)