closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have the jab. or else!

Master

Have the jab. or else!

Pimlico Plumbers are rewriting their contract so that future employees must have the jab as customer facing personnel.
    By stick or carrot I can see this as becoming almost compulsory. No bad thing.....

SydR
    As pointed out in the BBC new article I found on this there are potential legal issues in relation to employment law.

Be interesting to see where this ultimately leads.

How can this be legal. Disgusting publicity stunt.

Craftsman
    When I worked abroad in the oil & gas industry it was mandatory to have various jabs with accompanying verification or you couldn’t get into certain countries. Hence, no job if not. Not much difference given the state we are in now imo

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Why disgusting, it’s the potential employees choice?

If you won’t have the jab, you can’t work for them; not much different to not being not being allowed to drive an HGV without a licence IMHO.

Legal or not I applaud the rationale.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Seems a no brainer just have the jab, protect yourself and perhaps the customer...

Journeyman
    very disturbing info ref BAME take up of the vaccine

less than 30% will have the vaccine because of social media crap

Muslims think it has pig in the vaccine and Hindus think it has cow?

ffs get real and read the real science

apparently its the young who are the problem spreading these lies

It might cost the company some money in employing substitutes and then using a points-system for redundancies (where the non-vaxxer(s) don't figure as being too useful to the company)

Some employees might not like it, might bitch about it - but I think, will go along with it.

I think a lot of people will take a stance against the vaccines until they find out that they can't make airlines carry them (and they may be excluded from most countries) . The onus for ensuring that people arriving in your country by air - could be foisted on the airline, in the same way that they used to do for USA (they may still do) - "if you deliver a passenger to USA - with non-valid documentation, you will be fined $xxxx and you will be liable for their return journey" (paraphrased).

I doubt it's legal and this bloke has a history of publicity stunts...but I like it.

Craftsman
    Will you need an Immunity Passport to Pimlico Plumbers?
    Last edited by Roberto; 16th January 2021 at 12:02.

Master
    My current employer doesn’t according to the contracts pay sick pay, however if your off they often pay people, again not written down but if you don’t have a flu jab which they will pay for, and you end up having time off with the flu or a cold then it’s ssp.
    I guess it will be the same with this jab.

How exactly do they 'get the jab'?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Pimlico Plumbers are rewriting their contract so that future employees must have the jab as customer facing personnel.
    By stick or carrot I can see this as becoming almost compulsory. No bad thing.....
    Seems fair enough to me - forcing existing employees to have it would be a different matter, but you don't have to work for Pimlico Plumbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    My current employer doesn’t according to the contracts pay sick pay, however if your off they often pay people, again not written down but if you don’t have a flu jab which they will pay for, and you end up having time off with the flu or a cold then it’s ssp.
    A big influencer, especially if the rest of the staff are vaccinated.

It’s a publicity stunt, how can he influence when his employees get the jab, will the only deal with people who have had the jab.

Must be looking for some elderly plumbers then?

Publicity stunt, nothing more. I want and will take the vaccine, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want it, but for an employer to force it should be worrying for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Thats highly selective, considering each year’s flu jab only covers a few strains and you could still quite easily end up with “the flu” regardless.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Publicity stunt, nothing more. I want and will take the vaccine, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want it, but for an employer to force it should be worrying for us all.
    If forcing it on existing employees I can see a concern, on prospective employees I don't.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

For the record I believe that Pimlico plumbers are not employed. They are self employed but Pimlico does the marketing and admin. They have to meet certain professional standards and now they will also need to be vaccinated when the vaccine has been made available to their category.

Storm in a teacup.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    For the record I believe that Pimlico plumbers are not employed. They are self employed but Pimlico does the marketing and admin. They have to meet certain professional standards and now they will also need to be vaccinated when the vaccine has been made available to their category.

Storm in a teacup.
    I thought there was a court ruling effectively classifying the workers as employees with full rights

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post

Storm in a teacup.
    You got it !

As they are "subbies" in the vernacular whats hisself says that he will not be altering contracts (which would be disallowed in law) but just not allocating them any work

Should the goverment legislate to make it compulsory then he would be allowed to, as would other employers.

B

Master
    Wouldn't the customers they are likely to visit feel happier/safer in the knowledge that the worker has been jabbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Wouldn't the customers they are likely to visit feel happier/safer in the knowledge that the worker has been jabbed?
    Yes, and if you’re in the business of sending staff into customers homes it makes perfect sense.

And that's the point. To buy that advertising would cost more than one of the houses they go to, and he got it totally free.

Master
    Probably but there is no data yet to prove that the jab reduces transmission so may not be much help.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Yes, and if you’re in the business of sending staff into customers homes it makes perfect sense.
    The vaccine does not prevent you catching nor transmitting the virus so I don't see how this stacks up?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    How exactly do they 'get the jab'?
    Quite...I also wonder how young the vaccine will roll out to in practice. As the numbers were along the lines of 250 over 80s vaccinated save a life, 250 000 over 50s vaccinated to save a life. Unfortunately it was Patrick Vallance on the radio so I don't have the exact numbers but it sounded like the law of diminishing returns was quite steep.

The vaccine does not prevent you catching nor transmitting the virus so I don't see how this stacks up?
    Are you suggesting it doesn't work 100% or doesn't work at all (and the science is wrong)? Even reducing the likelihood of transmission is worthwhile

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Are you suggesting it doesn't work 100% or doesn't work at all (and the science is wrong)? Even reducing the likelihood of transmission is worthwhile
    The vaccines are designed to prevent the serious illness caused by COVID-19. It will not prevent you catching it or transmitting it to others.
    Which is why as many people as possible need to have it.

We don't know this yet and what we have seen from data in Israel is that vaccinated people have 50% less Covid positive test results after 14 days than non vaccinated. We don't know if this is because they have mild symptoms and dont require a test or that they are essentially immune. The hypothesis is that vaccines will provide some protection against infection but not complete protection.

I'm sure we will find out more later.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Suddenly everyone is a scientist. "The vaccine won't stop you transmitting it". No sh--, no vaccine stops you transmitting a contagious virus that doesn't need to feed off you to survive long enough for the transmission.

As for the finger pointing at "its the young", "its the boomers", its everyone. There is someone in every demographic who thinks they're smarter than everyone else having watched too many movies and spent too much time on the internet. We just have to do our best to educate and move on where there is clearly no bending.

Blog Entries
    There is / are active BP threads - for anyone that wants to jump in. Contentious topics seems to be bleeding across sub-fora like a viral load.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 16th January 2021 at 17:53.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    There is / are active BP threads - for anyone that wants to jump in. Contentious topics seems to be bleeding across sub-fora like a viral load.
    Again.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Grand Master
    Don’t suppose any listened to his LBC interview this morning, he said that he wasn’t saying you have to have it if you work for him but in order to protect his workforce and customers he would only employ / deploy employees that had had it until the problem subsides.

In my opinion as a man who has been privileged enough to have both Pzizers shots and lived and breathed it for 10 months I welcome this very sensible approach and whilst I respect anyone decisions to choice I would be a huge advocate, after all you wouldn’t travel to certain parts of Africa without Typhoid, Yellow Fever, Diptheria, Hep A, etc because there’s a risk that if you catch them you will die so why the big song and dance about this one! Just get it in you and we can get back down the pub and on the slopes
    RIAC

Blog Entries
    Can't see what all the fuss is about over the vaccine.

Most people have grown up not having to worry about polio, diphtheria, mumps, rubella, measles, tetanus etc etc because of vaccines.

Now a vaccine is the work of the devil apparently! Weird.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post

Most people have grown up not having to worry about polio, diphtheria, mumps, rubella, measles, tetanus etc etc because of vaccines.

You talk sense. I agree completely.

What have you done with Old Oaky Chops, and can we have him back please?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    It would appear it may not be so good for the frail and elderly.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dm1672 View Post

Can't see Pimlico Plumbers employing too many frail or elderly folks :)

Sorry to hear about these 23 deaths in Norway, but further down the article, we read that:

More than 20 000 doses of the vaccine have been administered over the past few weeks in Norway and around 400 deaths normally occur among care home residents every week.
    Which makes me wonder if these deaths, sad though they are, are really statistically unusual.

My mum's had two doses of Pfizer now and she's doing OK so far.

“There is no certain connection between these deaths and the vaccine.”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    It might cost the company some money in employing substitutes and then using a points-system for redundancies (where the non-vaxxer(s) don't figure as being too useful to the company)

Some employees might not like it, might bitch about it - but I think, will go along with it.

I think a lot of people will take a stance against the vaccines until they find out that they can't make airlines carry them (and they may be excluded from most countries) . The onus for ensuring that people arriving in your country by air - could be foisted on the airline, in the same way that they used to do for USA (they may still do) - "if you deliver a passenger to USA - with non-valid documentation, you will be fined $xxxx and you will be liable for their return journey" (paraphrased).
    He’s a bright guy and they’re self employed.

I knew this would happen as soon as we start vaccinating large numbers of old people. It's inevitable that if you jab large numbers of over 80's, some of them will die within a week - just as they would have done if they hadn't been vaccinated.

In the UK, there are around 3.5 million over 80's to vaccinate. Many of those will die quite soon after receiving the vaccine, and those who like to stir up trouble will draw attention to it, and as a result, large numbers of suggestible individuals will decide to not have the vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post
    He’s a bright guy and they’re self employed.
    Yeah, cheers. Already pointed out after my post.

as a medic i'm required to be immunised and have levels checked for hep b, also now have to have flu jab each year, plus all the childhood ones

no jabs, no clearance to work, never seems to create any problems in law with the medical profession

i can see immunisation passports coming for this, want to fly, want to claim furlough...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    But does it, even though you’ve got a jab your only 95% immune and your still a carrier whether you like it or not, which was the warning given to a nurse friend when she got her second one last week.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Have the jab. or else!

Go and read the COVID thread and even the Anti Vaxxer thread. Lots of discussion on these topics already and with data and evidence.

So rather than repeating and speculating, go and read that thread. You never know you may gain some answers!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post

I agree; for those who doubt google images "children in a iron lung" and review.

My step brothers mother was "visited" during pregnancy by someone with measles and has now had some 58 years of shit life because of it.

B

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    You talk sense. I agree completely.

What have you done with Old Oaky Chops, and can we have him back please?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I agree; for those who doubt google images "children in a iron lung" and review.

My step brothers mother was "visited" during pregnancy by someone with measles and has now had some 58 years of shit life because of it.

B
    Exactly. Some of the consequences were quite terrible for those who didn't have the benefits of vaccination programmes and suffers the consequences. Most people would simply not even know about them, because they have been so successfully protected from them.