closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Scurfa Treasure Seeker

Scurfa Treasure Seeker

Spotted this on the official Scurfa Instagram. Currently a prototype but details from the post mention 41mm size and orange, white, black, yellow, dark blue and a hydra hat blue dial option.

It'll use the Miyota 9015 automatic movement.

I'm drawn to the prototype and it's a different style to the current lineup, of which I've got a couple of Diver One(s) and a Bell Diver currently in rotation.

No details of release date yet but I'll be watching this closely.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting. I will definitely be buying the white version, think the Covid situation has delayed things but it quality looks a step up (& they are already excellent at the price point).

Interesting dial surface. Works well with all the shapes. It could have done without the TREASURE SEEKER on the dial.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Lol Treasure seeker on the dial , I could imagine a 7 year old me getting super excited for this

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Lol Treasure seeker on the dial , I could imagine a 7 year old me getting super excited for this
    That's the only thing that spoils this design for me. Literally put anything else there if you must but it's all a bit too pirates of the carribean for me at my age.

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    That's the only thing that spoils this design for me. Literally put anything else there if you must but it's all a bit too pirates of the carribean for me at my age.
    Agreed, but I was thinking Enid Blyton and the Famous Five... Like the watch very much but that's a deal-breaker. Depth rating is all that's required.

I like it, will be keeping my eye out for this one

Master
    Agreed on the TS script, in my eyes that lessens the true dive tool aspect of the brand which I really like. I appreciate they want to drive sales but something more mature such as 'bottom feeder' might be more appropriate (or not ).

I quite like it, the name is a bit pants but lots of other watches have awful names, I would prefer it without the name in the dial but is not a deal breaker for me.

i had a Scurfa diver. It was more solid than the Omega Seamaster i used to have lol.

Agree the name does need a tweak. It does have a slight wiff of Pontins kids club to it, but overall it looks great and knowing the quality of their other models this will not disappoint.

Does it come with a pair of these?
    https://www.coolest-gadgets.com/treasure-seekers-shoes/

Craftsman
    I’ll also be seeing very closely how the production watches look.

The quality of Scurfa watches at the price point is amazing, said as on owner of 7 of them.

This and Eddies new mono-pusher could be my 2021 purchases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left a (polite) comment on the Instagram post about the TREASURE SEEKER text and please consider not putting it on the dial. He deleted my comment, seems constructive commentary is not in the agenda.

I can’t say I am excited about this one but Paul is passionate and plans his watches with a theme in mind. I doubt if suggestion for removing/changing the name is going to find a sympathetic ear.

I must admit, I like the dial, there is nothing that concerns me and the plus is it uses the Miyota movement rather than opting for the cheaper NH35 as most are doing now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I can’t say I am excited about this one but Paul is passionate and plans his watches with a theme in mind. I doubt if suggestion for removing/changing the name is going to find a sympathetic ear.
    Fair enough, it is his baby, I'm sure I would be protective of my hard work too, but deleting comments gives an impression of something non-kosher at play.

Banned
    Took Scurfa a while to go ugly microbrand design but FINALLY they did it.

They have just posted a blue version on that Instagram thingy. The blue looks really good IMO.

Looks great. Can't wait to see the white dial design.

Banned
    I don't hate Scurfa and understand the need to diversify the range. But this looks just as bad as a 1st Kicksarter design or a Lew & Huey. Makes their Diver 1 range look like classics already. Oh well I'm sure it will do well.

Good luck TREASURE SEEKERS

Not a fan of the name or dial and the deleting of comments would put me off the brand too. Shame as the Diver One and the MS Diver One are really nice.

Scurfa Treasure Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Not a fan of the name or dial and the deleting of comments would put me off the brand too. Shame as the Diver One and the MS Diver One are really nice.
    I made the same comment this morning. Never deleted it, replied politely.

I have bought a number of Scurfa’s new and I can honestly say everything is always spot on. I have also had a number of email communications, again spot on.

We don’t have the context to see how the deleted comment was written. Mine was polite and got the same politeness in reply.

Those watches you mention are superb for the money. Highly recommended.

Last edited by Gavbaz; 17th January 2021 at 22:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I made the same comment this morning. Never deleted it, replied politely.

I have bought a number of Scurfa’s new and I can honestly say everything is always spot on. I have also had a number of email communications, again spot on.

We don’t have the context to see how the deleted comment was written. Mine was polite and got the same politeness in reply.

Those watches you mention are superb for the money. Highly recommended.
    Valid points. I've just gone on his profile and had a look at the video of the blue one. If you zoom in and focus on the dial it's a bit weird but at a distance how you would normally see it, it looks quite good. Name is terrible but maybe it'll be like the Prospex logo on Seiko where you never notice it in real life.