closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COVID Symptoms?

COVID Symptoms?

Not sure I’ve just had COVID, but I’ve been knocked sideways these past 2 days;

Serious Fatigue
    Persistant headache
    Slept 13 hrs + daytime
    Nausea / dodgy bowels

No fever, high temp, sore throat or coughing, but energy dropped like I had been unplugged, headache that won’t go and with the amount of sleep I’ve had these past 2 days it beggars belief.

Never experienced anything like it to be honest. Very bizarre.
    Last edited by Chinnock; 15th January 2021 at 23:27.

Master
    The various strains of Covid have brought new symptoms along with them and none of the ones you listed are exempt it seems.
    Since the UK variant there have been 1or 2 more so please be very careful, shield and if possible, get a test

Master
    A colleague of mine and his wife had exactly those symptoms. He tested negative and she tested positive!!

Both I and the missus tested positive. We both had completely different symptoms. You probably have it. Get tested.

Sent from my XQ-AU51 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post

Serious Fatigue
    Persistant headache
    Slept 13 hrs + daytime
    Nausea / dodgy bowels

No fever, high temp, sore throat or coughing, but energy dropped like I had been unplugged, headache that won’t go and with the amount of sleep I’ve had these past 2 days it beggars belief.

All symptoms. Please get tested, and please look after yourself and get well soon.

Sounds exactly like the common side effects from the vaccination also.
    If you haven't had a vaccination recently then do get a test done. Good luck.

Get it checked, its a real swine of a virus

I'd certainly get a test if anything to put your mind at rest.
    We are in isolation now as my daughter tested positive this week after getting vaccinated last weekend , she has no symptoms but because she's frontline NHS at the MRI they told her to isolate .

Master
    To the OP, very similar to my symptoms when I tested positive. Mine were milder and I also had an intermittent, dry cough. Get a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcb2007 View Post
    I'd certainly get a test if anything to put your mind at rest.
    We are in isolation now as my daughter tested positive this week after getting vaccinated last weekend , she has no symptoms but because she's frontline NHS at the MRI they told her to isolate .
    All the best to you and your family.

Master
    Definitely Covid for sure. We had similar and thought it wasn't based on what people say are the symptoms. My wife (secondary teacher) must have got it the end of term. She was wiped out Xmas day spent it in bed. Headache, nausea (threw up), some diarrhoea, no appetite, no energy and a cough. It's taken to the start of this week for her to be fully right with just a very slight occasional cough. Me on the other hand. The mother of all burning headaches up the back of my skull over night 23/24 Dec. Then mild cough now and then and very slightly off stomach. I had no issue making dinner then eating it and drinking Xmas day. I've had worse colds tbh. We did tests on 29th Dec that came back +ve as did my son. My daughter who had it at Uni was fine though so the immunity from recovering must work. Her sense of smell and taste went (now back) and she felt very tired. Neither me or my wife lost ours nor did my son but some things smell and taste funny to him still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    All the best to you and your family.
    Thank you Kirk280 , much appreciated.

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Serious Fatigue
    Persistant headache
    Slept 13 hrs + daytime
    Nausea / dodgy bowels

That’s exactly what I experienced early last year before the whole shebang kicked off. If I had a repeat of that now then I would get myself tested.

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    That’s exactly what I experienced early last year before the whole shebang kicked off. If I had a repeat of that now then I would get myself tested.
    #patientzero

It was the same for me, Xmas 2019 my entire family were laid up with a mystery bug. We all went to my parents and my sister (An airline employee) had what we thought was bad flu, she gave it to us all. It only lasted 2 days but it was not fun.
    OP get tested and get well soon.

Dicky bowels came up as a fairly common symptom in a Wuhan report back in March last year, but doesn't get mentioned much now.
    I was struck down with something back in March, 24 hr fever, the squits every hour for 6 days. At first I thought tummy bug, then reports from Wuhan of the same. My work colleague, who I sat opposite, came down with similar the day after mine started, but with a cough too, he had to sleep sat in a chair for 2 nights to be able to breathe properly. No testing available at the time, so no idea what it was, but we had a covid outbreak at work soon after, and us 2 were the only ones that were involved in the team on site at the time that didn't catch and test positive for covid

Serious Fatigue
    Persistant headache
    Slept 13 hrs + daytime
    Nausea / dodgy bowels

Back in Feb 2020, I had the persistent headache for 3 days (with no alcohol during the period). Other than that - not much to write home about. BUT - ever since then, I have a persistent wheezyness. That’s 11 months now!

The only thing that made me think that it was not covid, was that no-one in the office I was in - had any sig symptoms that I knew about. Of course - some may have simply had a few days off, and returned to work without any apparent connection to covid, as I was a temporary worker in the office and didn’t know everyone.

Now - I have come to the conclusion that it was covid, even though it was early in the epidemic in the UK.

Picked up the virus mid December...my first symptom was and I joke you not...aching testicles! Felt like I’d bashed me old plums but then realised after a day or so it was a Covid symptom.
    Three or four days into Covid my top part of my back felt sunburnt. No rash of any kind just very tender to touch and an aching back. I’ve since met people who also had the sunburn feeling so it’s definitely a symptom.
    Had the regular dry cough but thank god nothing else serious.
    Googling the aching plums throws up that they are susceptible to a virus due to some medical reason way above me.
    Not a nice bug and definitely felt it messing with my lung breathing capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I had these exact symptoms early Feb 2020. I think it’s been here longer than we think.

Serious Fatigue
    Persistant headache
    Slept 13 hrs + daytime
    Nausea / dodgy bowels

That's pretty much what we had for the first few days (Dec 27-29th).

In addition to those, I felt feverish but temp was normal, albeit on the high side of normal (37.4c) and Mrs MCH had extremely achey legs. Then half our local friends on facebook started with the same 'non-Covid' symptoms followed by a couple of them deciding to get Covid tests anyway as they felt so bad but without one of the 'top 3' (cough, fever, anosmia). Sure enough the tests started to come back positive so others got tested. Then, for us and others, the cough started and, for me, parosmia - some foods tasted bad (like burnt pan handle) but coffee turned indescribably disgusting.

In the end Mrs MCH and I didn't get a test but 14 people who were in the small, local pub where we had a pint on Xmas day lunch (and where our daughter was working) all did test positive.

So... I think you've got it.

We didn't get tested as we were 99% sure we had it and we self-isolated as if we had it. Also anyone we'd been in contact with either had tested positive or was self-isolating anyway. Up to you if you get a test.

edit: as an aside our elderly neighbours had Covid-19 towards the end of the first wave and their adult kids who both live within 1/4 mile (but didn't come to the pub) also tested positive over the Xmas/New Year period. There's a lot of it about!
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 15th January 2021 at 20:18.

Sounds nasty, I would agree with others get a test and hope you are felling better soon.

I have regular tests now for the work I do, it’s only a matter of time before I test positive, all have been negative so far,
    although I am wearing PPE to the eyeballs.

I reckon I probably had it earlier in the year, but not have the antibody test.

It’s a nasty one, plenty of people I work with have had it, been left with long lasting effects and I know a fair few people who have passed away.

I work within the health service.

Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post

In addition to those, I felt feverish but temp was normal, albeit on the high side of normal (37.4c) and Mrs MCH had extremely achey legs. Then half our local friends on facebook started with the same 'non-Covid' symptoms followed by a couple of them deciding to get Covid tests anyway as they felt so bad but without one of the 'top 3' (cough, fever, anosmia). Sure enough the tests started to come back positive so others got tested. Then, for us and others, the cough started and, for me, parosmia - some foods tasted bad (like burnt pan handle) but coffee turned indescribably disgusting.

In the end Mrs MCH and I didn't get a test but 14 people who were in the small, local pub where we had a pint on Xmas day lunch (and where our daughter was working) all did test positive.

We didn't get tested as we were 99% sure we had it and we self-isolated as if we had it. Also anyone we'd been in contact with either had tested positive or was self-isolating anyway. Up to you if you get a test.

edit: as an aside our elderly neighbours had Covid-19 towards the end of the first wave and their adult kids who both live within 1/4 mile (but didn't come to the pub) also tested positive over the Xmas/New Year period. There's a lot of it about!
    That is bloody spooky re coffee. I’m a bean to cup addict and since being “felled” the thought of coffee just turns my stomach, haven’t even tried a coffee since Tuesday!!

Feel a bit foolish getting tested as don’t have serious / obvious symptoms although I have been knocked for six. Guess I had thanks to everyone’s comments above.

Good to know you shouldn’t ignore the less obvious symtoms!!

Pretty much the same here last February, the exhaustion especially I just couldn’t get off the sofa, after 4 or 5 days it just went away.

That is bloody spooky re coffee. I’m a bean to cup addict and since being “felled” the thought of coffee just turns my stomach, haven’t even tried a coffee since Tuesday!!
    I look back and laugh but coffee started to taste odd so I emptied out all the beans (a bean we'd not used before) from our machine and replaced them with some trusty Lavazza Rosso only to find it also tasted odd. It was the next day it became utterly undrinkable. For the next few days I could tell from the smell that I was not going to drink it but I had to keep making it to find out when it came back. Even now I'm not sure it tastes exactly like it did before but it's quite drinkable.

On the plus side, I didn't fancy a beer for 12 days (unusual for me!) but my first post-Covid beer tasted damn fine. And wine (a nice Cotes du Rhone tonight) is fine too.

Grand Master
    You wont know u less you have a test and you may be outside the window, but do you care! Stay isolated and let it pass, when you get vaccinated if you suffer bad sides assume you had it
    RIAC

Worth having a test, but let’s face it every other bug, virus, bacteria that was going about hasn’t just disappeared either.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    You wont know u less you have a test and you may be outside the window, but do you care! Stay isolated and let it pass, when you get vaccinated if you suffer bad sides assume you had it
    Is there more likely a side effect then? It would seems that having had it you probably have at least 5 months immunity equivalent to a vaccine jab. We've also now been sent letters about having a flu jab. Dunno if that would have any effect too close after Covid. Not found anything when I googled it.

Hopefully those 14 people weren’t seriously ill but at least they celebrated Christmas.

For OP, hopefully it doesn’t get worse. Not sure there’s much point in getting test unless you have contacts who need to know and isolate too. If just you and family isolate as if you have it.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Is there more likely a side effect then? It would seems that having had it you probably have at least 5 months immunity equivalent to a vaccine jab. We've also now been sent letters about having a flu jab. Dunno if that would have any effect too close after Covid. Not found anything when I googled it.
    flu jab fine and you should get that before Covid jab
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Hopefully those 14 people weren’t seriously ill but at least they celebrated Christmas.
    None hospitalised. Some only tested (and got positive result) because they'd been a contact. A couple still not well (guy younger than me has to have a breather half way up the stairs). I've not been for a run yet but chest feels a bit tight if I walk fast up the hill from the post office. I'll go for a short run over the weekend but I suspect there will be a degree of stopping, coughing and spitting involved (into the canal).
    Of the Christmas Day Covid Crew we'll all be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    flu jab fine and you should get that before Covid jab
    We're straying off the original topic a little here but...
    We are all offered the 'flu jab at work every year. I was on a call with a company medic and he said (probably slightly misquoted) "'flu isn't nice, Covid isn't nice, you can have them both at the same time and, if you do, I wish you good luck"
    Last edited by MakeColdplayHistory; 15th January 2021 at 23:13.

None hospitalised. Some only tested (and got positive result) because they'd been a contact. A couple still not well (guy younger than me has to have a breather half way up the stairs). I've not been for a run yet but chest feels a bit tight if I walk fast up the hill from the post office. I'll go for a short run over the weekend but I suspect there will be a degree of stopping, coughing and spitting involved (into the canal).
    Of the Christmas Day Covid Crew we'll all be fine.
    Good to hear but why did those people need to get together at Christmas, could have ended badly for someone? (And of course they could further have infected others who weren’t so lucky.)
    Thought pubs were shut then anyway and Christmas was supposed to be *cancelled*.

Serious Fatigue
    Persistant headache
    Slept 13 hrs + daytime
    Nausea / dodgy bowels

I started having symptoms on Christmas Eve and got positive test on 27th, still not back at work,

Very high temperature
    Very Painful arms and legs
    Headaches like you wouldn’t believe
    Raspy cough that just won’t go away
    Sleeplessness
    Fatigue and narcolepsy, suddenly you just have to sleep
    One day you feel ok and get a false sense of confidence, the next day it’s back.

It does get a bit scary when it gets to your lungs.

The only place I went the week before Christmas I was Tesco
    Last edited by adrianw; 15th January 2021 at 23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Good to hear but why did those people need to get together at Christmas, could have ended badly for someone? (And of course they could further have infected others who weren’t so lucky.)
    Thought pubs were shut then anyway and Christmas was supposed to be *cancelled*.
    Pubs were open here on Xmas day (closing on Boxing Day).

It was all following guidance - hand sanitiser at the door, can the NHS bar code, wait to be sat at a table, table service, masks when getting up for the loo etc. We didn't 'get together' as such. Me and my wife were sat at our table and others were sat at their tables. We did end up speaking to people on tables near to us and two people, the landlady and our daughter, were serving so visited every table. Fortunately the landlady (who is vulnerable (lung disease)) seems to have dodged it and our daughter never showed any symptoms.

Interestingly (or not) I was monitoring very local Covid infections in the run up to Xmas as I was planning to do a doorstep delivery to my (vulnerable) parents on Xmas eve. In our smallest local area there were 3 Covid cases on Dec 23rd. By Dec 30th there were 36 and I reckon I knew 14+ of them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I had these exact symptoms early Feb 2020. I think it’s been here longer than we think.
    Same here, was out of action for a week or so, start of Feb 2020, which also just happened to coincide immediately after 2 weeks working on a client site in Central London, using train/tube etc. every day.

I do think the virus was here long before it was first reported.

Day 3 yesterday was starting to feel better after my “mild” symptoms, until last night when I was struck down with back pain on the upper part of my spine right between my shoulder blades. Just had the worse nights sleep ever!

Im used to muscle pain being an avid weights guy, but again this is a completely different sort of pain to the usual muscle ache I experience most weeks.

Still have the headache and my sinuses are starting to kick in with a mild sniffle. I’m pretty convinced this is now COVID rather than some seasonal bug as my symptoms are so unfamiliar. Will try and get tested but not overly bothered as we are taking all the necessary precautions to isolate as per the current guidelines.

Day 3 yesterday was starting to feel better after my “mild” symptoms, until last night when I was struck down with back pain on the upper part of my spine right between my shoulder blades. Just had the worse nights sleep ever!

Im used to muscle pain being an avid weights guy, but again this is a completely different sort of pain to the usual muscle ache I experience most weeks.

Still have the headache and my sinuses are starting to kick in with a mild sniffle. I’m pretty convinced this is now COVID rather than some seasonal bug as my symptoms are so unfamiliar. Will try and get tested but not overly bothered as we are taking all the necessary precautions to isolate as per the current guidelines.
    I had a couple of days of burning sinuses and painful hips

Get tested and keep safe everyone! My brother was admitted to hospital on Christmas Day and went in to ITU or ICU a day or two later and was there for the best part of a week. It was touch and go. Luckily he made it and is at home, very weak, but slowly recovering. Please follow all necessary precautions to keep yourselves and family as well as everyone else safe!!!!

Master
    I've had Covid - felt groggy 26th Dec, tested, result positive on 27th (although amazingly no-one else in the family got it)

Symptoms for me:
    Muscle aches and pains - like I'd been in a car crash
    Big headaches - never suffered from migraines but I imagine this was like a constant one (space behind my eyes hurt!)
    Hot / Cold flushes - freezing one minute, boiling the next
    Complete loss of appetite - didn't eat anything properly for days and days. (including coffee which tasted foul)
    Couldn't sleep at night - found myself in the bath at 3am several times trying to relieve aches
    No cough, but chest felt tight

Turned the corner in terms of symptoms day 8/9 of isolation. Managed to start eating better.

All symptoms gone now - although fitness still not back after trying short cycle ride the other day.

I was thankful it wasn't worse TBH.

Interesting reading that coffee tasting odd is a thing. I lost my sense of smell and taste in late march but in the week or so before that I thought something was wrong with my coffee machine. Nothing else seemed abnormal but coffee tasted crap.

Craftsman
    our house has it...into 4 days qurantine

both suffering sore throat tickly cough body acheing went to bed 715pm last night up around 7 this am ...no sleep just so tired

best wishes to all who succumb wife is a care worker with double ppe...still got it

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Interesting reading that coffee tasting odd is a thing. I lost my sense of smell and taste in late march but in the week or so before that I thought something was wrong with my coffee machine. Nothing else seemed abnormal but coffee tasted crap.
    To me everything tastes sweet, Even a hot curry

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Interesting reading that coffee tasting odd is a thing...
    Odd? It didn't taste 'odd'.
    It tasted indescribably disgusting. I genuinely have no words for the taste, even the smell, because it was not only worse than anything I've ever known but it was not like anything I've ever known.

Odd? It didn't taste 'odd'.
    It tasted indescribably disgusting. I genuinely have no words for the taste, even the smell, because it was not only worse than anything I've ever known but it was not like anything I've ever known.
    Does it get better? I tested positive on the 29th and I’m still very poorly but the thing that really grinds my gears is the fact I can’t drink coffee anymore! It tastes absolutely hideous now but will the original taste I loved return? Assuming I don’t die first of course!

I missed this thread earlier. Really sorry you caught it, and hope it will be mild. Get tested ASAP mate, if only because that's the date from which you should isolate officially. The alternative is don't get tested at all, which may be an option for you...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Does it get better? I tested positive on the 29th and I’m still very poorly but the thing that really grinds my gears is the fact I can’t drink coffee anymore! It tastes absolutely hideous now but will the original taste I loved return? Assuming I don’t die first of course!
    It certainly gets better. Coffee is quite a pleasant drink again now but I'm not convinced it tastes exactly the same as before. I may be over-thinking it but I'm not convinced I'm getting the same 'depth' of flavour that I got before.

It doesn't help that in lockdown (and since getting my taste back) every cup of coffee I have is the same bean through the same machine. Maybe when I taste something different, I'll taste something different?

I’m pretty convinced this is now COVID rather than some seasonal bug as my symptoms are so unfamiliar. Will try and get tested but not overly bothered as we are taking all the necessary precautions to isolate as per the current guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I missed this thread earlier. Really sorry you caught it, and hope it will be mild. Get tested ASAP mate, if only because that's the date from which you should isolate officially. The alternative is don't get tested at all, which may be an option for you...
    I was just dropping back into this thread to see if (a) you got tested and (b, more importantly) you were doing OK.

I was just dropping back into this thread to see if (a) you got tested and (b, more importantly) you were doing OK.
    Thanks guys!

Headache has finally abated, but still have a back / spine pain but not as severe as the weekend. All things considered, i believe I got off rather lightly. Couldn't muster the energy to get tested tbh, just wanted to cocoon / isolate myself and the family. Both wife and daughter had the same headache over the weekend, but nothing else has materialised (fingers crossed).

Apetite has not been affected, however still can't face a coffee and as much as I wanted to enjoy a curry over the weekend, I bite was enough!! I am suffering from indigestion after eating which is extremely uncommon for me, but bowels have got back to normal.

For somebody whose normal day is up early, walking dogs, running a company, working from home, keeping fit, running errands, cooking etc, energy level was the biggest shock tbh. It really did floor me extremely quickly and although my levels have improved, I'm far from feeling better.

Had flu twice in my lifetime, and clearly know the predictable symptoms. This however was completely alien to my experiences. The way this has hit me, like a sledgehammer, I'm not surprised how this would be devastating for the elderly. Your body clearly has to mobilising all its resources in fighting this virus. It's quick, it's nasty, and my experience was mild compared to most.

As for daytime telly, it was sometimes a close call as to what felt worse!

Master
    Actually if you know when your symptoms started it is from that date. Otherwise if you have no symptoms and test positive it is from the test date.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Actually if you know when your symptoms started it is from that date. Otherwise if you have no symptoms and test positive it is from the test date.
    We started even earlier. We're 99% sure we caught it on Xmas day, felt rough on Dec 27th (but not with 'top 3' Covid symptoms), found out on the 30th that lots of people we'd been with had tested positive and started getting actual CV-19 symptoms ourselves.

We actually hadn't mixed with anyone outside the house from end of Xmas lunchtime (when we left the pub daughter was working in) 'til it became pretty clear we had it on the 30th, partly because of 'lockdown' and partly because we felt rough.

We never bothered with a test but self-isolated for 10 days from Dec 26th. As it happens in the three days after we stopped self-isolating, one of us went to the supermarket once.

Anyway, I came here with much more important news... I was right that while coffee tasted utterly disgusting when I had Covid and tasted fine but not quite right for a couple of weeks afterwards. Today my first double espresso was <not in the BP> chuffing delicious. And every coffee I've had to day has been wonderful.