closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ebay selling issue

Ebay selling issue

I sold a watch part on ebay just before Xmas. It was £300 & sent out on 14 Dec Royal Mail signed for, yes I know I should have used Special Delivery. Due to Covid rules here in UK the Royal Mail informed me that the postman doesn't require signature when item is received so the tracking still shows as in transit. The package was quite small so could have just been put through letterbox. the Buyer emailed me today saying he hasn't received it. Odd thing is on 23 Dec he emailed me asking if I had another part & if so he would buy it from me. Although I didn't ask him at the time I assumed he had received the bracelet.

Any suggestions as to where I stand on this. I don't do a lot of eBay selling & of all the times I have used Ebay this is the first problem I have encountered. Thanks

The only time I have "lost" a package in the UK was the one time I dident use SD :(

If the tracking still shows in transit then Royal Mail have no record of it being delivered and must therefore still be liable.

You should try to Claim compensation and see where you get with that.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    As above. If there is no record of it being delivered then you can claim for lost post. You can do it online.
    Your problem is that you sent it Signed For which only covers up to £50. You will need to provide proof of value when you claim so it’s highly likely that Royal Mail will come back and tell you that they won’t cover the cost.

You will be able to claim if tracking does not show as delivered (usually 28 days but not sure in current situation). Compensation will be limited to around £50 - £60 max IIRC but you will need some proof of value etc. All will be explained on the RM website with up to date timescales/amounts.

EDIT - village and myself typed at same time but say the same thing and he got in first! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    If the tracking still shows in transit then Royal Mail have no record of it being delivered and must therefore still be liable.

You should try to Claim compensation and see where you get with that.
    It's a maxiumum of £50 insurance for signed-for parcels.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect you've lost out on that sale and learned a valuable lesson. It's easy to say now, but I'll never use any other service except RMSD, unless its a £10 strap or a pair of Christmas socks.

Good luck.

If you used signed for there should still be a signature albeit only saying cov19 or cv19 but the postman would still of had to manually input the name of the receiver so it would show as cov19 then printed name of receiver in the tracking.
    I'd say if there is still no record of signature then it's possibly lost or still delayed.
    But as other's have stated you would only be able to claim upto £50.00.

I'd give it another week as things are still delayed especially to the South of the country.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I sent something 1st class sighed for onb23rd Dec. Only arrived a few days ago.

You need to start a claim.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

From an eBay pov it is the sellers responsibility to deliver the goods.

If your buyer opens a goods not received case and you cannot provide tracking information to show it has been delivered then eBay will refund the buyer and get the money back from you.

If you can PROVE to the PO what it cost you then they will refund up to £50.
    If you can't, then all you'll get is the cost of postage - and, ironically, that's paid to you in stamps !

Excluding RMSD, on the matter of insurance the PO are even worse than the dreaded Herpes :o

Sorry for your loss.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by Gren View Post
    If you can PROVE to the PO what it cost you then they will refund up to £50.
    If you can't, then all you'll get is the cost of postage - and, ironically, that's paid to you in stamps !

Excluding RMSD, on the matter of insurance the PO are even worse than the dreaded Herpes :o

Sorry for your loss.
    They won’t necessarily refund you anything more than some stamps. If you don’t send something correctly then they don’t pay out. E.g...my brother sent a collectible coin in the post using 1st recorded. The coin was only worth £20 and recorded covers you up to £50,plus he had packaged it securely. It didn’t arrive and he claimed. Royal Mail didn’t pay out because in there t&cs there is a bit that says coins have to be sent special delivery. Similarly,in the op’s case,they can claim that the correct postage service was not used and therefore will not pay out.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    It's a maxiumum of £50 insurance for signed-for parcels.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect you've lost out on that sale and learned a valuable lesson. It's easy to say now, but I'll never use any other service except RMSD, unless its a £10 strap or a pair of Christmas socks.

Good luck.
    Or anything under the value of £50 that isn't in a particular rush, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by village View Post
    They won’t necessarily refund you anything more than some stamps. If you don’t send something correctly then they don’t pay out. E.g...my brother sent a collectible coin in the post using 1st recorded. The coin was only worth £20 and recorded covers you up to £50,plus he had packaged it securely. It didn’t arrive and he claimed. Royal Mail didn’t pay out because in there t&cs there is a bit that says coins have to be sent special delivery. Similarly,in the op’s case,they can claim that the correct postage service was not used and therefore will not pay out.
    I had an item go missing a few years back that was over the threshold by a few pounds. They sent a letter with a cheque and an apology that they couldn't cover the amount above the £50, but they did cover the £50. I believe with RMSD the terms state you will have £0 insurance if you send an item valued over their maximum £2,500. Bit of a minefield!