closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yacht-Master 16622 - always solid centre links?

Craftsman

Yacht-Master 16622 - always solid centre links?

Hi All,
    I've become quite fond of 40mm Yacht-Masters since I tried on a couple at the local AD last year, and I've actually found myself leaning towards the older 16622 model with Platinium dial. I know that the 1999-introduced 16622 was a bit of a trail-blazer, premiering the maxi-dial and SELs before other models, but I haven't been able to find out if solid centres were also introduced in 1999, or if they were a later addition. Any insight would be really helpful - ideally I'd gravitate towards a late-2000's item, but there appear to be some really nice / recently serviced earlier examples out there too. Hollow links wouldn't be a deal-breaker - just doing the research so I know what I'm looking at.
    Thanks,
    Martin

Blog Entries
    According to this article the 16622 came with solid centre links (like the Daytona):

http://luxurytyme.com/en/rolex-revie...-master-16622/

Nope earlier 16622 like the early p k y 116520
    had hollow centre links but solid end link bracelet.
    I have a panna 116520 2002 ish has hollow centre but solid end pieces

They had little gromits / sleeves to stop wear that fitted between the screw and centre link to stop stretch.

Exactly like the ones fitted to the 16613 and 16713 bicolour oysters

Full solids centres came later around late 04 05 ish I reckon on the yachty

Hope this helps

Al
    Last edited by alanski; 16th January 2021 at 20:36.

Craftsman
    Thank you, that's extremely interesting / useful. I'd not heard of sleeves being used on Rolex bracelets other than the ceramic items utilised on platinum ones.
    It gave me enough info to dig around on the web, and i found these pics - the steel bracelet is from a YM, and the sleeve is visible.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mlcamb330 View Post
    Thank you, that's extremely interesting / useful. I'd not heard of sleeves being used on Rolex bracelets other than the ceramic items utilised on platinum ones.
    It gave me enough info to dig around on the web, and i found these pics - the steel bracelet is from a YM, and the sleeve is visible.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    That's the ones little sleeves to stop inner link wear and rub from screws .

The platinum daytona etc have white ceramic tubes . Similar concept i think .

Have both types of bracelets . Solid centre one with spring clasp is obviously the best. The earlier steel ones sleeve are fine too and aren't that prone to wear but the bi colour ones are more susceptible to wear especially ones which have just been screwed in without the sleeves.
    Last edited by alanski; 17th January 2021 at 14:00.