closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone use a WACOM / other brand drawing tablet?

Anyone use a WACOM / other brand drawing tablet?

I bought a Wacom Bamboo tablet (Medium) off the forum quite a few years ago and its served me very well but its getting a little long in the tooth / not as smooth as it was user wise. So do I stick with Wacom or are there any rivals recently that are offering the same for less? I'm a photographer so mainly for Photoshop and Mac use. I don't need a screen or many functions, just not too small an area. Bluetooth is good but not essential as the Bamboo has been wired. Looking to spend up to £150/175 hopefully.

Anyone bought a tablet recently? Thanks

Anyone use a WACOM / other brand drawing tablet?

I was given a One by Wacom for Christmas. I’ve found it very good so far. I use it for Lightroom and PS Express on a high spec Windows 10 PC. It’s A4 size, seems very smooth to me especially as I’ve used it more. The pen recharges wirelessly resting on the tablet. Connects via USB.

It’s been a very long time since I used a different tablet but this one seems fine for me.

Edit: I have a 4K 32” monitor
    Last edited by alfat33; 15th January 2021 at 16:05.

I've used the same intuos 4 (medium size) for many years, feels like maybe 10. I don't use a mouse at all and would never go back nor buy another brand because wacom is the defacto standard and 'just works'. In that time I've bought a new pen for it, a new writing surface, and a few new nibs, thereby extending the life this far which I like. Being something I use every day professionally I just wouldn't consider anything less, though it looks like they peaked at this model and the newer ones seem less advanced (no displays, though they are unnecessary really).

It's not often I exhibit brand loyalty or go for the most well-known brand (usually root for the underdog), but I do rave about wacom often. Picked up a couple of their bamboos a while back for the laptop etc., they were usable but so flimsy feeling in comparison... i.e. it's a substantial upgrade to get into their premium line.

Master
    I’ve used an Intuos 2 for the last decade at work (for CAD) but recently changed to the latest Intuos M. Overall I’m really happy with the performance but I find leaving it wired works best as the Bluetooth is the tiniest bit laggy when moving around the screen quickly. In general use I probably wouldn’t notice but I tend to draw pretty quickly.

The new pen is slimmer and doesn’t have a grip when compared the old one but it is very light and is comfortable for all day work. I may look to add a rubber tube at some point though.

I’m a photographer/retoucher and use a small intuos pro had a large a while back but found the excessive arm movements tiring after retouching all day and prefer the small for an economy of movement, however if you work on 2 screens or 4K I would go up a size as I found it difficult to pic up paths quickly when spanning a small tablet across over double the pixels of a single screen.
    Not tried the competition when the Wacoms work well.

I used too with my Mac book pro. Still have it, it was great.

However I moved to a iPad Pro and a pencil for editing with affinity and lightroom.

Mainly for speed, photography is a passion but not my income, something else is that leaves me time poor.

Would not go back.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyc View Post
    I’ve used an Planner5D for that purpose. Overall I’m really happy with the performance. In general use I probably wouldn’t notice but I tend to draw pretty quickly.

The new pen is slimmer and doesn’t have a grip when compared the old one but it is very light and is comfortable for all day work. I may look to add a rubber tube at some point though.

I am not a designer but my cousin is and she shifted to Ipad Pro 12.9 a few months ago. She used to have a Wacom tablet but decided to switch to an Ipad because of a better soft quality and its better responsiveness.
    Last edited by Owren; 30th April 2021 at 08:58.