closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 F1 Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mav112 View Post

Well it’s an opinion I suppose. Alas the amount of penalties Max has had since Monza would however suggest otherwise.

As for Bernie’s contribution. Lolz, but fair play to trying to remain relevant.
    Last edited by Andyg; 9th December 2021 at 17:57.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

In other news, it was reported the Derrick Warwick will be the chief race steward for the race.

Ex Racer and LeMans winner and ex president BDRC. Rather him than me though

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

channel 4 to show the final race Live on Sunday

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...habi-6rlkbvbv0

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Be worth watching the start to watch Perez and Max torpedoing Lewis whilst Bottas hits the pitwall trying to get out of their way, shortly followed by flood light failure as a big punch up in the pits starts...and as the lights comes up Horner is screaming "Geri get him away from me!" as Toto has him in a headlock bitch slapping him...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Be worth watching the start to watch Perez and Max torpedoing Lewis whilst Bottas hits the pitwall trying to get out of their way, shortly followed by flood light failure as a big punch up in the pits starts...and as the lights comes up Horner is screaming "Geri get him away from me!" as Toto has him in a headlock bitch slapping him...
    I would pay for sky to watch that 😁

Craftsman
    channel 4 to show the final race Live on Sunday

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...habi-6rlkbvbv0

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Great news. Thanks for the heads up.

Master
    Shouldn’t MV have pulled off the racing line leaving no doubt he was letting LH through?

It was a very cynical manoeuvre. The onboard clearly shows him shifting down to 3rd, from 8th gear, whilst drifting left, seeming to shut off the more open side of the track, before veering off right again just before contact. It was a full on brake test with 2 changes in direction. Appalling behaviour.
    He has proven again and again that he intends to be the school bully on the track, trying to claim the line (or even the whole track) whether other drivers are alongside or even substantially past him. Now everyone has to tiptoe round him. I guess it's one way of asserting your will on the other drivers, but it's not sportsmanship at all.
    How he got voted driver of the day is a total mystery, and gives lie to the assertion that he is fighting a Hamilton PR machine as well as the driver.

Ha, well given I'm going on Sunday, I'll consider it money well spent if that happens!

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    It was a very cynical manoeuvre. The onboard clearly shows him shifting down to 3rd, from 8th gear, whilst drifting left, seeming to shut off the more open side of the track, before veering off right again just before contact. It was a full on brake test with 2 changes in direction. Appalling behaviour.
    He has proven again and again that he intends to be the school bully on the track, trying to claim the line (or even the whole track) whether other drivers are alongside or even substantially past him. Now everyone has to tiptoe round him. I guess it's one way of asserting your will on the other drivers, but it's not sportsmanship at all.
    How he got voted driver of the day is a total mystery, and gives lie to the assertion that he is fighting a Hamilton PR machine as well as the driver.
    Is a lot of F1 PR pushing Max to be the poster child of the sport for the coming decade?

Well done CH4 much appreciated from those of us who dont do Sky…

Could be more BTCC than F1 …. but great cliffhanger…

will be interesting next season when George joins Mercedes .a few fireworks with Max?

Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    will be interesting next season when George joins Mercedes .a few fireworks with Max?
    All depends on Max,s Car If its a good car he will walk it while russell and Hamilton tryto out do each Other, although i have a feeling Russel is going to be a bit of damp squib

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    although i have a feeling Russel is going to be a bit of damp squib

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Shouldn’t MV have pulled off the racing line leaving no doubt he was letting LH through?
    Of course he should have. That wouldn’t have been “strategic”. But then neither was Brake Test Hamilton.

Friedrich Nietzsche

lolz, but you forgot Angela getting beaten up by Jos in the back ground.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Based on what?
    Based on wanting to take a contrary position I guess.

Well, qualifying was interesting. The Mercedes are looking very quick, but RedBull play a bit of a master stroke with their strategy to each of their drivers a draft. Not sure this was RBR intended game plan, but as soon as Max roached his Med tyres, I think it was the only option left.

Bottomline is that I think RBR tyre strategy for the race isn’t optimal as it locks them into a definitely having to two stop, not withstanding the Mercedes might have to two stop as well, but it will be much further into the race and offers them the option to run softs in the final part of the race. All very exciting,

Personally I think Hamilton will be happy starting behind Max as he will be able to keep out of his way through the first lap, providing of course Checo doesn’t do anything really stupid alongside Hamilton. Having Lando alongside should also help, but Bottas would have been better.

Despite the qualification results, I think Mercedes will sleep happier tonight.
    Last edited by Andyg; 12th December 2021 at 09:29.

Friedrich Nietzsche

What The ......

Blog Entries
    Bloody hell!

Master
    Ok that was a pretty farcical end to the championship.. feel for Lewis but well done to verstappen, great racing but the FIA are mental with these decisions atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a BS so-called sport! 13 seconds ahead and 3 laps to go. Can't take this seriously, how can this be fair??
    Joke

Blog Entries
    Total bollocks

I wonder if Mercedes will protest the result with only some lapped cars being let past the safety car.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I wonder if Mercedes will protest the result with only some lapped cars being let past the safety car.
    Will probably fall on deaf ears but they have a good point! That was comical

Blog Entries
    Masi, what a dick, did he make these decisions to add "the action factor"?

Not sure what to say really. Shocked. Unfortunately this has done nothing to remove the toxicity in F1 and it was sad that it ended in yet more bitterness and acrimony.

Privately I very much doubt this matter is done, but if it is, then well done to Max, RedBull and the FIA for winning the championship.

As for Lewis I genuinely feel for him, but hopefully “still we rise”. Plus he took it like a man.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    The toothpaste is out of the tube. MV is crowned, no matter what objections are lodged the FIA will not reverse the decision. And the pity is Lewis drove his socks off for the last 15 laps.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Not sure what to say really. Shocked. Unfortunately this has done nothing to remove the toxicity in F1 and it was sad that it ended in yet more bitterness and acrimony.

Privately I very much doubt this matter is done, but if it is, then well done to Max, RedBull and the FIA for winning the championship.

As for Lewis I genuinely feel for him, but hopefully “still we rise”. Plus he took it like a man.
    Being gracious in defeat was no more than I expected from a professional sportsman

Master
    Heh heh

YESSSSS

That’s disgraceful. Fair play to Lewis he kept his dignity shuck hands and didn’t sulk like some do ...

Master
    Blog Entries
    No idea on the rules but that was entertaining at the end …

What a completely crazy race, me and my son were literally on the edges of our seats screaming at the TV while was my wife was shouting “lunch is ready”

Craftsman
    The best driver and smartest team won. Congrats Max and Red Bull.

Blog Entries
    What a load of sh*t, 13 seconds ahead, Christian petitions the FIA and then they let just 5 cars through. Total bollocks, the rules say all cars to be let through. Absolute joke.

Master
    Slow down a bit so that he can catch you to make it more entertaining for the fans.............................................. . Nooooooooooooooooooo not that much...................................... Ouch! Doh! The Strictly final may be more entertaining, so SWMBO tells me!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    Wrong on both counts, Lewis absolutely outdrove him today.

Article 48.12:

48.12 If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all teams Competitors via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.

This will only apply to cars that were lapped at the time they crossed the Line at the end of the lap during which they crossed the first Safety Car line for the second time after the safety car was deployed.

Having overtaken the cars on the lead lap and the safety car these cars should then proceed around the track at an appropriate speed, without overtaking, and make every effort to take up position at the back of the line of cars behind the safety car. Whilst they are overtaking, and in order to ensure this may be carried out safely, the cars on the lead lap must always stay on the racing line unless deviating from it is unavoidable. Unless the clerk of the course considers the presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap.

If the clerk of the course considers track conditions are unsuitable for overtaking the message "OVERTAKING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED" will be sent to all teams Competitors via the official messaging system.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 12th December 2021 at 17:40.

Craftsman
    The best man didn’t win today.

The winner was picked by the race director massi,

Farcical ending, can’t stand Horner

Mercedes have protested the result.

Master
    Notwithstanding the where's and wherenots I cannot see the FIA changing the result.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I can't see the result being overturned.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchvisitor View Post
    Wrong on both counts, Lewis absolutely outdrove him today.
    Lewis drove the best car best car today, but what a poor team decisions did Mercedes make, not switching tyres etc. Red Bull did out smart them really.
    And you have to be honest, Max was this year the best driver. Totally deserved win.
    And no chance Mercedes with all the protests. Toto Wolff was always a bad loser.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ston View Post
    I can't see the result being overturned.
    Not a chance they will overturn the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Humptynumpty View Post
    What a BS so-called sport! 13 seconds ahead and 3 laps to go. Can't take this seriously, how can this be fair??
    Joke
    Agreed. I won't be watching F1 again. Joke indeed.

Master
    Lewis drove the best car best car today, but what a poor team decisions did Mercedes make, not switching tyres etc. Red Bull did out smart them really.
    And you have to be honest, Max was this year the best driver. Totally deserved win.
    And no chance Mercedes with all the protests. Toto Wolff was always a bad loser.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a chance they will overturn the result.
    Red Bull were in second place. It was a safe second place. They had enough time to make a pit stop and STILL be in second place.
    Mercedes didn’t have that luxury. If they had pitted, they would have lost track position, which would have meant Lewis having to pass Max on track. Max has shown time and again this year that he’s happy to run another driver off track. If he took himself and Lewis out he would still win the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Red Bull were in second place. It was a safe second place. They had enough time to make a pit stop and STILL be in second place.
    Mercedes didn’t have that luxury. If they had pitted, they would have lost track position, which would have meant Lewis having to pass Max on track. Max has shown time and again this year that he’s happy to run another driver off track. If he took himself and Lewis out he would still win the championship.
    Wrong, again. FIA had stated that points would be deducted from the offending driver.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Not a fan of Hamilton or Verstappen personally, but I watched the race today.

Mercedes threw the race away for Hamilton. He had it won, but Mercedes guessed wrong on tyres (they had a chance to stop, lose the lead, but get it back on Hamilton's superior pace) and Red Bull got lucky.

It's probably good for F1 overall to have a Red Bull/Verstappen win, but I do feel Hamilton was let down by his team today.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    I would agree that Red Bull are the smartest team, some of their decision making has been awesome, although I truly think that Mercedes need to have a look at a few in their decision making team, when things get a little tough some of them panic.
    As for the best driver, lewis by a country mile, I don't agree with a lot he does away from the track, but on the track he is probably the best driver out there, his record reflects that.
    As for the race director and stewards, like all sports the people in the background seem to want to interfere and make everything controversial probably to please the owners of F1, after all, if we're talking about it like this then it's good for viewing figures.
    Lewis should have won that race easily today.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Not a fan of Hamilton or Verstappen personally, but I watched the race today.

Mercedes threw the race away for Hamilton. He had it won, but Mercedes guessed wrong on tyres (they had a chance to stop, lose the lead, but get it back on Hamilton's superior pace) and Red Bull got lucky.

It's probably good for F1 overall to have a Red Bull/Verstappen win, but I do feel Hamilton was let down by his team today.

M

It wouldn't surprise me if Mercedes decided that having LH and MV mix it up in overtaking clashes - was a bit of a risk, if both cars end up off the track. Best to try and stay clear.

For those interested in the regulations

48.12 If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKE" has been sent to all Competitors via the official messaging system, any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.
    This will only apply to cars that were lapped at the time they crossed the Line at the end of the lap during which they crossed the first Safety Car line for the second time after the safety car was deployed.
    Having overtaken the cars on the lead lap and the safety car these cars should then proceed around the track at an appropriate speed, without overtaking, and make every effort to take up position at the back of the line of cars behind the safety car. Whilst they are overtaking, and in order to ensure this may be carried out safely, the cars on the lead lap must always stay on the racing line unless deviating from it is unavoidable. Unless the clerk of the course considers the presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap.
    If the clerk of the course considers track conditions are unsuitable for overtaking the message "OVERTAKING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED" will be sent to all Competitors via the official messaging system.

So by only allowing certain cars to unlap themselves Massi broken the FIA Sporting Code. He neither need to all all lapped cars to pass before restarting the race or none of the lapped cars to overtake before restarting the race. There is no ability for the clerk of the course to all “some cars” to unlap themselves.

I expect this to go to the court of arbitration unless a deal is done.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Mercedes decided that having LH and MV mix it up in overtaking clashes - was a bit of a risk, if both cars end up off the track. Best to try and stay clear.
    Probably their logic, I agree, but ultimately the wrong one.

Not enough faith in their driver.

M

Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Wrong, again. FIA had stated that points would be deducted from the offending driver.
    If proved conclusively.