I thought it might be worth starting this thread as the season will hopefully will start again in March, and which is shaping up be a belter.

Alonso joining Alpine (under new management), alongside Ocon
Vettel to Aston Martin (Tracing Point 2.0) alongside Stroll (Sr and Jnr) - a new start for Seb
Danny to McLaren along side Norris - now with Mercedes power
Sainz to Ferrari alongside LeClerc - should be spicy
Perez to Redbull alongside Max - should be very spicy.
Mick Jnr joining Haas alongside someone, nobody really cares about
Tsunoda joining Alphatori alongside Gasly
No change at Alfa - Kimi remains (which surprised me to be honest)
No change (currently) at Williams - but under new management.

and finally Hamilton alongside Bottas (or perhaps Russell at some point), or will it be Bottas and Russell given that Hamilton still hasn’t officially signed a contract yet.

All of which should create some very interesting inter team dynamics as well as interesting battles between teams. Perhaps the most interesting will be Mercedes Vs Redbull vs Aston Martin vs McLaren (if they have been able to fit the new PU, although I don’t expect them to be in the frame until mid season) and Ferrari. Plus AT vs Renault and hopefully Williams (yep I think we will see a big improvement this season). I don’t see Alfa and Haas doing much to be honest, but happy to be surprised.

No idea who will win the WCC and WDC, however Hamilton and Mercedes are mostly favourites given the small number of changes to regs this year and having the most stable team set up, but Mercedes will be without DAS so that levels the playing field a bit. That said, Ferrari cannot be worse than 2020, plus Aston Martin, Redbull and McLaren have stronger teams than last year.

The real wildcard in all of this is Renault. The PU is good enough (just), but will Alonso have the X Factor. He has the speed, skill and ego, but he also the attitude.

Anywhoo fingers crossed all the races take place (just a shame that Turkey isn’t currently on the list), and WE can avoid the personal attacks and nasty comments directed at members and or drivers/teams. Nasty comments towards Tilke tracks, the FIA and Liberty are of course welcome

Enjoy the season.

Revised F1 2021 calendar

March 28 - Bahrain (Sakhir)
April 18 - Italy (Imola)*
May 2 - TBC (TBC)
May 9 - Spain (Barcelona)
May 23 - Monaco (Monaco)
June 6 - Azerbaijan (Baku)
June 13 - Canada (Montreal)
June 27 - France (Le Castellet)
July 4 - Austria (Spielberg)
July 18 - United Kingdom (Silverstone)