closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Saved by Apple Watch

Craftsman

Saved by Apple Watch

Master
    Many years ago I worked on a 'Lone worker' ID tag that could do something similar as well as log conversations etc. Pretty much anything with a half decent accelerometer can do this - most phones could but the battery drain might be prohibitive. It's a great story but the technology has been around for over a decade.

Craftsman
    I wonder how many false positive calls to emergency services this results in? It seems to have some protections against this.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    Many years ago I worked on a 'Lone worker' ID tag that could do something similar as well as log conversations etc. Pretty much anything with a half decent accelerometer can do this - most phones could but the battery drain might be prohibitive. It's a great story but the technology has been around for over a decade.
    The fact it is in every generation of Apple Watch, from a certain point, is the story - how many people carry their Lone Worker tag around out of work?

Master
    Blog Entries
    You don’t need to have an Apple Watch for this. My Garmin has this, as does my crash helmet... both link to the phone.

Neither call 999 directly but your nominated contact so no false alarms to 999 services from this tech.

Apprentice
    My Garmin has the same functionality, I wear it when mountain biking and it’s supposed to notify in the extent of a crash.

Tbh I don’t trust it so have turned it off! I can just see too many false positives making my wife worry unnecessarily

Master
    I believe on the Apple watch, it vibrates on your wrist a couple of times asking you to respond before calling for help. So this should avoid false alarms, in theory.

One of those things, would love to test if it actually works! But also, would hope don't need to.