closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Your favourite collectible item - and the story behind it

Your favourite collectible item - and the story behind it

Many apologies if there’s been a thread about this (I couldn’t find one).

I own a few watches, some paintings, and a couple of vinyls. But my favourite item in all of my collection is no doubt this setlist that I got from a gig.

It was years ago in Singapore, I queued up for hours to get to the front row at a Placebo concert. They delivered as per usual. After the gig, the drummer at the time, Steve Forrest, took the setlist that Brian Molko (the lead singer) was using,
    walked to the front row and gave it to me.

It was dirty, torn and cheap (literally printed on piece of paper), but I was so overwhelmed and went on to frame it and kept it till this day.

Although it has minimal monetary value, it’s certainly the most important ‘collectible item’ that I own (more so than my Rolexes and Universal Geneves I believe).

I wonder if you have something similar? Cheers:)

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    No picture but I keep pens in a plastic pint glass that Fish threw in to the crowd at the end of the Marillion gig at the Reading Top Rank club in 1986.

Craftsman
    When I first moved to Merc in the late 70,s my first job was to re-assemble the entire front of Ringo Starr,s 280sl pagoda after Barbara Bach had wiped it- two chassis legs with wings on but no wiring or drive train.- I still keep the wheel wrench from the tool kit.As far as I’m aware Zak/family still have the car. Diana Dors had an S3 Bentley that we looked after and one year she gave us copies of her autobiog signed”thanks for looking after my chassis” - lovely lady. Strange things we keep!