closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The power of suggestion :)

The power of suggestion :)

When ever I browse the sales corner the first thing I seem to see is a Belstaff hat for sale, I always tend to wear a hat outside and I now want one, no need one !! so I have been looking to buy a Belstaff beanie , are they really worth something like six times the price of a no name one ?

No, not really. But then here on a watch forum, we have no room to talk. On a hat forum somewhere there's someone asking if a Rolex Submariner is worth it.

Will it be "nicer" than a £5 hat from Asda? Yes. Will it be "better"? Probably not.

And it's a sad reflection on the forum that that stupid saga is still going.

Had to look up the beanie part. In Canada it's a toque

Bought one for $3.00 at Walmart and still looks fine after 2 years. Don't think I would ever get the urge to pay over $20.00 for one

No logo on it which I prefer.

DON

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    No. The simple fact is that Belstaf are the popular mass market machine made Rolex of the Hat world. If you actually want a genuinely exclusive handmade hat then you want to be considering:

https://www.lockhatters.com/

or my personal favourite, Bates:

https://www.bates-hats.com/

you can't go wrong!

Mind you, it's worth waiting untiul this is all over because a visit to Lock is like something out of Harry Potter!
    Bates have never been the same since thy moved, at least in terms of oddness, I still prefer the hats.
    Last edited by M4tt; 14th January 2021 at 10:48.

Master
    I have a few Merino beanies and all under £15 in the sales. The idea of a £200 beanie is challenging to my working class upbringing!

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I have a few Merino beanies and all under £15 in the sales. The idea of a £200 beanie is challenging to my working class upbringing!
    The way mine get abused there's no way I could justify that - cashmere or not!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I have a number of Sealskinz beanies. They were about £25 each if memory serves. Mine have a membrane in them, so that even if your hat is wet through your head remains dry. Mostly I wear merino beanies as they are light and warm. The brand is smartwool, and they come up on Sport Pursuit from time to time. Don’t buy them direct as they come from Italy and the postage for two is about £9, and now there will be importation costs to add to that.

I'm still wearing one that came free on the cover of Fast Bike.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

My beanie was won in a drinking game in a pub in New Zealand. The pubs name is póg mo thóin and I am quite happy to walk around with its name on my fore head!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    My beanie was won in a drinking game in a pub in New Zealand. The pubs name is póg mo thóin and I am quite happy to walk around with its name on my fore head!
    Obviously you'll have to wait for it to open again but perhaps you should consider wearing it to the George at your earliest convenience.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Having seen the below referenced to a Belstaff I now really want one !! my wife may then look at me different and then pee herself laughing :)

Belstaff is for men who are winners; men who laugh at danger; men with mistresses.

Men, like me.