closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 25th anniversary Porsche Boxster

25th anniversary Porsche Boxster

Saw this today. https://postimg.cc/xq8b3Nky
    Think it looks fabulous. I’m old enough to remember the original
    Anyone drive a new Boxster .?

I’ve still got a low mileage 986S tucked away somewhere, and have had numerous drives in each future iteration. The Anniversary model looks great, but I’m not loving the colour of the wheels.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Kaspersky warned of threats on that page. I have a 981 Boxster, last of the 6 cyl but now Porsche have seen sense with the GTS 4.0 I may order one this year. Waiting to see how the Macan S pans out as an everyday car before deciding.

Think the wheels look really retro. It has the same 4l engine as the gts as well.
    1250 only to be built worldwide.
    Last edited by lenlec; 13th January 2021 at 22:05.

£73k for a Boxster jesus, and that’s without the unobtainium premium.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    £73k for a Boxster jesus, and that’s without the unobtainium premium.
    What I thought I’ve always thought of a good spec Boxster around the 55k mark

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    What I thought I’ve always thought of a good spec Boxster around the 55k mark
    Indeed, I’ve always felt they should be almost base specification to give a back-to-basics top-down sensory overload.

Indeed, I’ve always felt they should be almost base specification to give a back-to-basics top-down sensory overload.
    Ideally, I think that’s the way forward.

Master
    Not trying to be controversial but I always thought that the Boxster looked totally underwhelming for a Porsche - like a modern day 924. The Cayman is what it should have looked like.
    Last edited by David_D; 13th January 2021 at 23:44.

As a current ownership prospect, I’d actually prefer a Cayman. At least I have a removable hard top on mine, so can pretend in winter :)

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    As a current ownership prospect, I’d actually prefer a Cayman. At least I have a removable hard top on mine, so can pretend in winter :)
    Wonder if a removable hard top is available for the boxster ? Best of both worlds

Master
    Wonder if a removable hard top is available for the boxster ? Best of both worlds
    Certainly not the ones I’ve seen!! Doesn’t make a Boxster look like a Cayman!

Last edited by David_D; 15th January 2021 at 14:21.

The car that saved Porsche. I do like the retro look.

Still happy with my 964 though. The last of the "old gang".
    I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mr1973 View Post

Thought that was the 993

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Certainly not the ones I’ve seen!! Doesn’t make a Boxster look like a Cayman!

True

Master

Hard to improve on this i think, but then I am biased. The anniversary one is a great colour aside from the golden parts that just don’t work for me, at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Hard to improve on this i think, but then I am biased. The anniversary one is a great colour aside from the golden parts that just don’t work for me, at all.

Very nice. What engine is in that ?

Master
    Very nice. What engine is in that ?
    Thanks, 3.4L - quite literally the most fun / complete car I have owned, plus I think it looks great from all angles.

Works on my older version:

https://imgur.com/U6XlSz3

Works on my older version:

https://imgur.com/U6XlSz3
    Looks spot on to me Scott

Looks spot on to me Scott
    Cheers
    I’d prefer the new one, or a Cayman GT4 ;)

Cheers
    I’d prefer the new one, or a Cayman GT4 ;)
    Haha me too the new 25 edition. I can’t pm you mate. Your inbox is full

The car that saved Porsche. I do like the retro look.

I have to agree with you there. What model do you have?

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
    Thought that was the 993
    Nah. It was a the first of the “Accountants” cars.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Haha me too the new 25 edition. I can’t pm you mate. Your inbox is full
    Oops - all cleared now

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I have to agree with you there. What model do you have?
    18 years ago I had a 964 ruf biturbo. Unfortunately sold it (I'm a stupid idiot). Nowadays just an ordinary C4.

Dream car would be the g wtl.

18 years ago I had a 964 ruf biturbo. Unfortunately sold it (I'm a stupid idiot). Nowadays just an ordinary C4.

Dream car would be the g wtl.

Oh my. A RUF BTR - outstanding bit of kit a proper Lambo and Ferrari crusher. No wonder you have regrets about selling it. A very rare car.

Nothing wrong with a C4 though. I have a C2 Coupe manual, but with a few RUF bits, including the 18” RUF Speedline wheels, that were used on the BTR.

Friedrich Nietzsche

You would not believe how cheap I sold that. It didn't move for ages back then! Crazy!

But then, I bought it for 30k Euros with just 25k km. Wonders DO happen sometimes.

Or did.

I wish I had the C2 though, MUCH cheaper maintenance...

Master

Lovely
    Nearly bought a 981 GTS last year but couldn't justify the premium on them but still on the list for me at some point as it still beats the new one for looks.
    Is that GT silver and is it manual?

You would not believe how cheap I sold that. It didn't move for ages back then! Crazy!

But then, I bought it for 30k Euros with just 25k km. Wonders DO happen sometimes.

Or did.

I wish I had the C2 though, MUCH cheaper maintenance...

I feel your pain. The last BTR i saw for sale, sold for $249k in auction (and that was a 3.4 rather than the 3.8 version).

But I would have thought a C4 would be ideal given your location

Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Lovely
    Nearly bought a 981 GTS last year but couldn't justify the premium on them but still on the list for me at some point as it still beats the new one for looks.
    Is that GT silver and is it manual?
    Yes GT silver, but went PDK, love a third pedal but gearing felt a little long. So much more enjoyable & confidence inspiring vs my M4

Master
    Yes GT silver, but went PDK, love a third pedal but gearing felt a little long. So much more enjoyable & confidence inspiring vs my M4

I've had the 981 Cayman in both manual and PDK but I think the long gearing thing is a bit overplayed but when/if I get another it will be PDK.
    GT silver is the perfect colour on these.

I had the F80 M3 but it didn't last long. Never confident in that in the wet.

Thats an interestng comment on your M3 Hood, what year was your car? Done quote a lot of reading on the M3 and it seems BMW tamed the rear end grip/handling as the model aged. The M3 CS is on my maybe list for a second fun car and it is supposed to be very exciting but not in a 'wants to kill you' way.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    The M3 CS is on my maybe list for a second fun car and it is supposed to be very exciting but not in a 'wants to kill you' way.
    The CS had smoother delivery like the Competition models, but still a lairy beast even on the more grippy Michelin Super Sport tyres which most dealers specced, the few that came on the optional Sport Cup rubber were amazing on hot dry tarmac but like ice skates in the wet. Wonderful driving experience though, about as sharp a front end I’ve driven with the carbon bonnet and roof. Sold mine and slap myself often for doing so.

Master
    Thats an interestng comment on your M3 Hood, what year was your car? Done quote a lot of reading on the M3 and it seems BMW tamed the rear end grip/handling as the model aged. The M3 CS is on my maybe list for a second fun car and it is supposed to be very exciting but not in a 'wants to kill you' way.
    Mine was an M4 CP, and I have never driven a car that I felt I would crash, was just poor unless you spend £k on damping; awful car with the power down.

All the updates made no difference, never 100% confident on the power; first few corners within minutes of owning the 981 & exiting WOT, not once in the M4; huge Long term //M fan, but turbos are awful delivery vs old school

Thanks GQ, first hand feedback is great. I am not too bothered by the wet/cold weather performance as it would be a second/fun car anyway. I had an F10 M5 and that too could be a handful in the wet if you weren't on your toes.

Thanks GQ, first hand feedback is great. I am not too bothered by the wet/cold weather performance as it would be a second/fun car anyway. I had an F10 M5 and that too could be a handful in the wet if you weren't on your toes.
    As yes, I had my F10 M5 sideways many times even at 30mph bone dry, just mental torque spooling up. As I recall saying to Mj2k when he was still in his Z3M (?) and not realising the difference the modern turbos are - looks like he’s now a believer!

Master
    Mine was a Sept 2015 model-I think they did some updates on the software to keep the back end in check but I just found it difficult to get the power down and it was away by January and replaced with an RS3 which felt an awful lot more planted.
    I must admit I'm tempted with the M2 as it's more the size of car I like. The M3/M4 has ended up a bit big imo and the new version ,looks wise at least,doesn't seem to be getting favourable comments.

Been distracted by M5 Competition vids this morning. I don't need such a big car anymore but I loved our E60 & F10. The new one with AWD and 475kw is insane. So many great cars to choose from now with the AMG GTR, Nissan GTR, Honda NSX and M3 CS keeping my mind in a perpetual state of 'what if....'

Cheers

Been distracted by M5 Competition vids this morning. I don't need such a big car anymore but I loved our E60 & F10. The new one with AWD and 475kw is insane. So many great cars to choose from now with the AMG GTR, Nissan GTR, Honda NSX and M3 CS keeping my mind in a perpetual state of 'what if....'

Cheers
    Some cracking deals on new m5 competition about before Xmas I saw
    Bet they are brilliant cars as well.

Master
    As yes, I had my F10 M5 sideways many times even at 30mph bone dry, just mental torque spooling up. As I recall saying to Mj2k when he was still in his Z3M (?) and not realising the difference the modern turbos are - looks like he’s now a believer!
    Z4M, I’ve always been aware of what turbos can do, still remain amazed the M4 was so poor in putting the power down compared to other modern turbo cars eg lates incarnation of the 911.

If found the M4 to lack finesse, seemed to be a car built to play a numbers game vs one that could deliver on them when hustling along in the real world. Both 981 & 911s I’ve been able to jump in & hustle along without drama, even a custom 350Z with twin turbos & daft power was more planted on the road.

Z4M, I’ve always been aware of what turbos can do, still remain amazed the M4 was so poor in putting the power down compared to other modern turbo cars eg lates incarnation of the 911.

If found the M4 to lack finesse, seemed to be a car built to play a numbers game vs one that could deliver on them when hustling along in the real world. Both 981 & 911s I’ve been able to jump in & hustle along without drama, even a custom 350Z with twin turbos & daft power was more planted on the road.
    The Porsches with the weight over the back end, no surprise they have better traction; of course they may have better software too or the BMWs are simply designed to be more on edge.

I'll not have another M-car unless it's AWD; M3 Touring looking tasty but I'll reserve until having seen a few of the new faces in person.

Master
    I’d like to try the AWD offers at some point, but I’ve reached a point where I don’t need more power / speed, the GTS is fast enough & confidence aplenty, was redlining out of corners in the first weekend I had it in sports plus, I had one play with M modes on the M4 and left that alone after!

I tried all the software updates for it, via recoding but still wasn’t poised enough for me. I drove one with £3k of suspension & was a totally different experience. Felt like the accountants were involved at suspension time.

Will have had the Porsche for almost a year at the end of next month...cracking time to buy a car 2 weeks before lockdown! It hasn’t done half the planned trips in it. Roll on spring & can get the roof down on the wife’s Boxster ( the car that made me realise the M4 had to go)