closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko presage

Master

Seiko presage

What do people think about the Seiko pressage range they look good value for money

They are very nicely done, but the sizes (>40mm often) aren't wearable for many.

Weird timing. I’ve got a green cocktail coming today and it’s 38.5. Seen one on a friend and the dial was something else.

Master
    I really like mine and think they are great value for money. Pictures aren't great but the cocktail time one (silver) really shines when the light hits it and the detail in the dial is fantastic.....not a million miles away from the Snowflake at a lot less money. The white dial one is a enamel dial, multi layered and again looks great in natural light

Last edited by SIB; 12th January 2021 at 15:36.

Craftsman
    The dials are often intriguing but they are quite dressy. I really liked mine but I moved it on because I almost never dress up for work these days. Movement is nothing special but exceptionally accurate considering the price.

Master
    It was the cocktail time ones I was interested in especially one with the power reserve on it

Journeyman
    Once ı had prasage enamel dial spb047 eatch and croko band were superb but inside 6r15 mov was disaster -15 sec a day daily retard was very bad

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TURGUT View Post
    Once ı had prasage enamel dial spb047 eatch and croko band were superb but inside 6r15 mov was disaster -15 sec a day daily retard was very bad
    My SPB045 isn't bad....about +6 last time I checked it

I have an original cocktail time (not yet branded presage) and think it’s a lot of value for money.

Not the smallest dress watch but it’s also not a vintage watch. Domed crystal is very nice and the dial is very special.

I even mailed Seiko Japan with a question about the dial and they kindly replied with details. Bit off topic but I liked the fact they helped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I had a look at these and the cocktail time is nice. The blue / silver dial is a great colour. What has stopped me so far was the standard leather strap looks like plastic. I know this is an easy fix but spending extra cash on a new strap bothers me.

There are several which are tempting me. I just struggle with the name. Not cool in any language. A shame they chose to stick it on the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    I had a look at these and the cocktail time is nice. The blue / silver dial is a great colour. What has stopped me so far was the standard leather strap looks like plastic. I know this is an easy fix but spending extra cash on a new strap bothers me.
    Agree. They clasp is really nice but I’ve just ordered a Hirsch to replace it.

They are lovely watches and the various dials are gorgeous. However, if you do decide to buy one, then check it carefully. I had to return a 'Mockingbird' version due to swarf on the hands. I was very disappointed. Questionable quality control but hopefully just a one off.

Journeyman

Great dress watch. The dial is difficult to capture in a photo but it looks great and a lot more expensive than it actually is

The bracelet is pretty light but that’s seiko
    I’ve got a Hirsch leather that works well on it for £20

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by emb_164 View Post

Great dress watch. The dial is difficult to capture in a photo but it looks great and a lot more expensive than it actually is

The bracelet is pretty light but that’s seiko
    I’ve got a Hirsch leather that works well on it for £20
    What a great looking Watch, but I know I wouldn't wear it if I owned it, strange I know.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt68 View Post
    What a great looking Watch, but I know I wouldn't wear it if I owned it, strange I know.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Completely understand, I definitely don’t wear this enough!

There’s an espresso martini greyish dial version that looks great, but again wouldn’t wear it enough to justify another

Love the dial on this, changes from almost black in low light to a various sparking shades in brighter light.

They're generally lovely, with one or two stand-out pieces. Personally I find them a bit dressy for my tastes, which tend towards more practical watches, but some of the Presage range really punch seriously above their weight. I used to have an SPB069 which had the most beautiful deep-blue enamel dial, for example, and I don't know many large-scale manufacturers who offer anything like that at the Presage price point.

I think they're good value and nice watches, but I wouldn't pay RRP as they regularly pop up on sale.

Below is one I used to own but sold. If I was going to buy another, I'd personally be looking at the enamel dial variants as those are a bit special.