closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which is the best month for selling?

Master

Question Which is the best month for selling?

Currently, I’m mulling over selling a watch or two (and thinning my fountain pen flock). Do you think I should hold fire until the January blues have passed? Or will the economic situation from Covid have only made everything worse? Your thoughts.

Blog Entries
    Any time is good - as long as the price is right. People have got to spend their annual bonuses somehow (cough).

(With people working at home this probably means more people browsing for second hand goods more than ever.)

Agree with Martyn, anytime is good. Obviously at present high value items are a bit tricky. Anything under £2.5k that can go by RMSD is virtually business as usual. The problem at present is FTF meetings for the more expensive watches.

Grand Master
    Under normal circumstances January is a poor time for selling, but these circumstances are anything but normal. Christmas spending will have been lower than normal so the January effect will be much less significant.

The way I see it is that if you wait until a more favourable time to sell, you're still waiting. Put them up for sale now and if they sell, all is good. If they don't sell until the hypothetical more favourable time, then you've lost nothing.

Master
    April, long enough after Xmas period and tax bills, maybe a bonus as well, weather warming up

Master
    After Christmas can be a good time to sell, actually - dealers are all short of stock and hungry for it.

I would have thought right now would be a pretty decent time with so many people in lockdown bored at home and likely wanting to cheer themselves up.

As above though I guess depends value due to complications with face to face etc. but if below £2,500 I would go for it.

Craftsman
    There are plenty of people who will buy if the price is right regardless of the time of year. Nothing lost by putting things up for sale now

Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Currently, I’m mulling over selling a watch or two (and thinning my fountain pen flock). Do you think I should hold fire until the January blues have passed? Or will the economic situation from Covid have only made everything worse? Your thoughts.

The thing about the economic situation is it's not even - some people have been making more money than ever before coupled with lower expenses. I'd just get it on the market.

Master
    Traditionally it was always February.

At the end of every month ( when people get paind dummy ) lol just kidding