closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dino Zei (who?)

Master
    Blog Entries

Dino Zei (who?)

For those who know the name, i need not explain, for those that don't, read on, if you wish.

I've been away from watches, other than a Suunto for some time. I've had renewed hankerings for some time now but didn't find enough inspiration to commit so far. An unexpected and certainly unusual opportunity has now arisen thats got my attention.

Dino Zei was the Panerai "Godfather" for many years but stepped aside when the Vendome / Richemont era saw significant change to the brand.

The Anonimo brand was subsequently born and hands that once assembled Panerai now built Anonimo. After his five year hiatus, Dino Zei joined Anonimo and parallel production began with Zei's own styling.

Pictured below is set #1 of 50 the first watches to bear the Zei name built in Firenze by Anonimo.

These watches are genuine NoS unworn. There are some compromises though, the box has some internal staining, instruction manuals are lost and the Zei signed introduction letter that accompanied these originally. I only really want the steel with light blue dial, the set can be split but thats troubling me a bit, should i? Price is competitive but i am uncertain what to do.

These are not my images btw.
    Last edited by shadowman; 11th January 2021 at 17:07.

Master
    Love the Zino Dei Anonimo's. You used to see the odd one pop up on SC not so many years ago but they are much less frequent now.
    I'd go for them if you're happy with the price.

Member 'mart broad' had one of these; no. 92 of 99 according to an old sales post from 11.01.08 (13 years to the day: spooky or what?). Pictures have gone, though...

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Dino-Zei-Nemo
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Member 'mart broad' had one of these; no. 92 of 99 according to an old sales post from 11.01.08 (13 years to the day: spooky or what?). Pictures have gone, though...

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Dino-Zei-Nemo

Yes, i would wager that one may have been a black dial auto? This pair are manual winders ☺

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Is it really a set if all the docs are AWOL?
    More like two watches sharing a box, if that helps with the splitting guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    Yes, i would wager that one may have been a black dial auto? This pair are manual winders ☺
    You may well be right. Coincidentally as Mart had no.92, I notice that no.93 is for sale on eBay Italy at the moment.
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Is it really a set if all the docs are AWOL?
    More like two watches sharing a box, if that helps with the splitting guilt.
    Thats a fair point

Craftsman
    Hi,

it is easy to recognise if it is a set as they should have the same serial number. I am a big admirer of the original Anonimo and Dino Zei watches and prices are low for buying even NOS. Bear in mind that servicing these watches can be tricky (movements are straight forward, but sourcing case components may be difficult). I have a pair with non matching numbers, but just sourced a matching pair for a friend of mine (NOS) in UK a couple of weeks ago. Wonderful watches!

Craftsman
    I had an Anonimo Wayfarer 2 some 12 years ago. Was a very nice piece. Well built.

Good luck with the sale!

BW,
    Chi Kai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    OMG i really do feel old and cannot remember the face colour plus gave Photobucket the heave ho a long time ago but seem to remember the light blue version?
    Baz if the price is right they are a very nicely built and a little of the wall watch with some pedigree so maybe a punt?These and the earlier Anonimo watches are light years ahead of the current offerings even down to the straps being sealed by a little old Lady in Florence a bit like thighs and Cuban cigars
    Good luck as always.
    Last edited by mart broad; 12th January 2021 at 22:25.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Blog Entries
    Having owned a few originals i agree quality is good, certainly better than the current offerings bearing the same name.

The set i discovered are a true pair, both #1s but the twin box is actually knackered and no papers for either, so as mentioned above not really a set anymore. Regrettably we couldnt agree a price for one so no deal to be done after all.

I still want a bronze/orange Polluce .

Not a Dino Zei however I have kept my polluce bronze. By now the patina is truely dark and stunning.

Strange how Anonimo disappeared, the. was moved to new ownership. They had a nice thing going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    This was my Dino Zei Glauco Bronzo. The proper original Anonimo watches were top drawer and very understated. They were also pretty rare in the wild too, all that is good with a watch.

Craftsman
    Hi Crouchy,
    I still own it and it will never leave me.