closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watches, High Quality to Price ratio

This could be controversial but I think girard perregaux / Frederique Constant are both pretty good value (at discounted prices) as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I think maybe the low price point means they are never a keeper as we aspire to 'better watches'.
    I've lined trying some homage designs where I could afford or justify the originals price
    Probably true for many, but I've got a wide range of value watches and some of the cheapies are favourites - None of these haven fallen into that category for me.

I also agree, to a degree, with the comment about homages (I don't really see Steinhart's Rolex-alikes as holding much appeal either), but the recent Steeldive/Heimdallr/etc Seiko homages definitely feel like substantially higher quality watches to the PDs to me for only a little more cash.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 17th January 2021 at 11:55.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Might be better in it's own thread but any recommendations for a quality non-clone diver? Criteria along the lines of:
    - 42mm or under
    - Uniform bezel markings i.e. no 20min track
    - Unclutterred dial but like depth e.g. applied indices or sandwich
    - Something under the £1.5k mark ideally

Already looked at Tourby Lawless, Rado Captain Cook, Doxa Sub 200, Meraud Bonaire, Unimatic Modelo Uno, Baltic Aquascaphe, MkII & Helson but any I'm missing with the above criteria?
    The Rado, Meraud & Unimatic are probably top of the list atm but not sure on the latter 2s build quality or the Rado VFM?!

I think the Tourby with a FF bezel style would be just about perfect and love the Helson Skindiver because it's basically a FF clone but think I would prefer something with more of it's own identity.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    I would prefer something with more of it's own identity.
    How about one of Damasko’s DSub range?

Damasko DSub watches

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    Might be better in it's own thread but any recommendations for a quality non-clone diver? Criteria along the lines of:
    - 42mm or under
    - Uniform bezel markings i.e. no 20min track
    - Unclutterred dial but like depth e.g. applied indices or sandwich
    - Something under the £1.5k mark ideally

Already looked at Tourby Lawless, Rado Captain Cook, Doxa Sub 200, Meraud Bonaire, Unimatic Modelo Uno, Baltic Aquascaphe, MkII & Helson but any I'm missing with the above criteria?
    The Rado, Meraud & Unimatic are probably top of the list atm but not sure on the latter 2s build quality or the Rado VFM?!

I think the Tourby with a FF bezel style would be just about perfect and love the Helson Skindiver because it's basically a FF clone but think I would prefer something with more of it's own identity.
    If you can see past the logo, don’t rule out a Christopher Ward Diver. Ceramic bezels, uncluttered dials and adjustable bracelets for half the money, and half your budget, as they cut out the middle man and only have an online operation. Look at reviews on YouTube.

I just bought a super compressor and was blown away by the quality to price ratio. I was someone who could see past the logo until recently.

Further £100 off with codes on release of their magazine too. You can pick up a Trident Pro 600m depth rating on a strap for £640 with a code.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    How about one of Damasko’s DSub range?

Damasko DSub watches
    Thanks Dougal, had looked at Damasko and like the design but not quite right for this one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    If you can see past the logo, don’t rule out a Christopher Ward Diver. Ceramic bezels, uncluttered dials and adjustable bracelets for half the money, and half your budget, as they cut out the middle man and only have an online operation. Look at reviews on YouTube.

I just bought a super compressor and was blown away by the quality to price ratio. I was someone who could see past the logo until recently.

Further £100 off with codes on release of their magazine too. You can pick up a Trident Pro 600m depth rating on a strap for £640 with a code.
    Thanks yeah, no issues with the logo on their dive watches at least though would prefer just the logo or having the text at 12 like the super compressor but not aa deal breaker for me.

Was just going to say there's nothing that really fits the bill but then spotted the retro dive section and that's more like it.
    The C65 Trident could be a good option, especially as they seem to have some good sale. Will put it on the list of ones to keep an eye on.

Any others people can think of?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

I was going to suggest CW too although always worth waiting for a sale. They do have one UK store in Maidenhead

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk