closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electric Vehicle - any experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    The 2.1 software isn’t released yet, 2.0 is supposed to be a pretty stable issue, but people are still having a few problems.

What software number does it have? The 2.0 etc are internal VW numbers. Mine is running 0570, which is like 1.1, current build vehicles should have 0783, which is 2.0. Sorry if that sounds confusing!

2.1 will install over the air updates apparently, so no more trips to the dealers hopefully.

The Ionity network is pretty established across Europe, night make road trips achievable, it’ll sail past 200 miles range per charge come the summer. I’m getting 175-190 miles even in current freezing temps, from the 58kWh battery.

I’m sure VW will come good on the fixes, it’s too important a car for them not to.

OK, only going by what the sales guy told my Wife....I will check in the system info when we get the car back tomorrow and let you know.

I did have an OTA update on it when I had finally got the VW Server to connect.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    OK, only going by what the sales guy told my Wife....I will check in the system info when we get the car back tomorrow and let you know.

I did have an OTA update on it when I had finally got the VW Server to connect.
    I don’t doubt it, but sales guys are sadly often not as informed as their customers!

Sounds like you might have 0783 (ME2.0) then, people with that version have noticed some over the air updates have come through, but basic stuff like the in-car online manual etc.

There are some very switched on ID.3 groups on the internet’s, and they’ve got some good info, as well as some horror stories!

ME2.1, the final release was scheduled for the end of this month, but may have slipped now I guess.

I do have my home button on the right.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    I do have my home button on the right.

Definitely 0783/ME2.0 then! :-)

Journeyman
    So, massive thread revival.

Received my e-208 on Wednesday. And first impressions are that this is a great little car. Drives really well and has all the toys you would expect.

The drive is obviously smooth. But very responsive on the accelerator. I only have the Kona EV as a benchmark as i am not lucky enough to drive any of the big guns (Tesla, porsche)

Still only travelled about 60 miles around town. But first impressions are that, that this little car will be a competent commuter for what i need

Mark
    Last edited by markedwards146; 16th April 2021 at 21:39. Reason: Spelling