closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virgin Media price rise

Virgin Media price rise

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I just made the call and didn't even need to speak to anyone to get the £4 price rise cancelled.
    They are cheeky feckers to raise prices mid contract. The whole point of a contract is that it remains in force for the time period agreed.

They mostly rely on inertia of their customers, because it is only a few quid.

Well if is only a few quid that Virgin will breach a contract for, I am not going to let them have it.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    They are cheeky feckers to raise prices mid contract. The whole point of a contract is that it remains in force for the time period agreed.

They mostly rely on inertia of their customers, because it is only a few quid.

Well if is only a few quid that Virgin will breach a contract for, I am not going to let them have it.
    I couldn't agree more. They always use the RPI excuse but I can't recall any other contract I've had that rises every year, mid-contract.

Journeyman
    £3.50 increase for me also mid contract.
    It's so tiresome having to phone them up and play the "let me just check some offers that have just come in / speak to my manager' game every year.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I cancelled after a derisory offer again this year and just took out a new deal in my wife’s name. £21 a month less for a similar package and a free 43” tv. Crazy really.

Did the same in reverse 18 months ago. Bit of a pain with the switchover, returning the equipment and the final bill rebate but the saving is worth it. It would be nice if they just gave existing customers the best deal though!

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    How did you get in contact with them? I called their number (0345 454 1111) and it says this persons phone is switched off!
    That's the number that I used. Be sure to visit the loo first and settle in for the long haul though

I spent over an hour in the phone queue today, only to be cut off seconds after someone finally answered.

I had to get up and go for a walk up the road as I feared in need a plasterer to repair all the lunch holes in my walls otherwise.

One thing that really boils my piss is awful customer service. Yes, there’s a pandemic going on, but I can’t see why that should make things so much worse.

I used to be with Zen internet, and you could ping them a message in their website, like setting up a chat, but just asking them to call you when they’re free. Usually within 1-10 mins, they’d called you back. Admittedly they won’t have the same number of customers as VM, but VM should scale up their support team as their customer level increases.

I’ll have to try again tomorrow.

All I want to do is order 2 of the new mesh pods. Can’t get it to work online.

I have always used Webchat for upgrades/general queries never had a problem
    Type in a couple of hows the weather , thanks for all your help ...
    Seems to get the job done

Cheers

Virgins CS has always been poor with long waits even pre-Covid but they are currently using it as an excuse for even poorer CS.

As above, same thing happened to me, waited 45mins, got through and then got cut off. Now the person at the other end know who you are as you have to verify but you’ll be damned if they attempt to call you back. Rather than a day I waited almost a week before calling them back.

We had FTTP installed by Zen. It's not cheap but I can get 350mbps on my phone and 450 wirelessly in the back room on my laptop. Insane speeds, great reliability. So far.

We use Sky for sports and other channels. Combined, everything is about £100 per month. Reliable though.

Craftsman
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but to anyone that did manage a reduction, check your bills carefully now. For some reason VM couldn’t manage to keep it consistent and I spotted my bills have gone up again.

Sadly this has resulted in three hours wasted on a number of calls with them to get them to understand how to apply the right level of discount so my monthly payment would remain the same for the remainder of my contract.

Hopefully they’ve not made the same hash of your bills. Maybe worth a quick check now.

Master
    I have a full package with VM and I will be renegotiating with them in July. The main problem is that they do supply a good and reliable fibre optic service.

I have 2 Tivo boxes and surely I could scrap these because I can use freeview as well as Netflix etc on the smart TV. Does this make sense or am I missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I have a full package with VM and I will be renegotiating with them in July. The main problem is that they do supply a good and reliable fibre optic service.

I have 2 Tivo boxes and surely I could scrap these because I can use freeview as well as Netflix etc on the smart TV. Does this make sense or am I missing something.
    I looked at this but I think the TV element only costs about £10-15 of our £62 package...it seems to mostly be the fibre. I could cancel but for the price I might as well keep it. If it was half the cost I’d cancel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I looked at this but I think the TV element only costs about £10-15 of our £62 package...it seems to mostly be the fibre. I could cancel but for the price I might as well keep it. If it was half the cost I’d cancel.
    I think (but could be wrong) that VM charge about £10-£15 per box and I have two. Therefore I could buy a Humax or similar and save money in the long term that way.

I pay £110 a year and am due to renegotiate over the next month. I always dread these calls. I might try the cancellation tactic for the first time! Can I just ask for those who cancelled and then got a better deal, how they timed it? Should I wait a week before my current deal ends or cancel on the day the current deal ends?
    Thanks,
    Kozza.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by kozza6 View Post
    I pay £110 a year and am due to renegotiate over the next month. I always dread these calls. I might try the cancellation tactic for the first time! Can I just ask for those who cancelled and then got a better deal, how they timed it? Should I wait a week before my current deal ends or cancel on the day the current deal ends?
    Thanks,
    Kozza.

I just went onto a switching site got a great “new cust” deal in my mums name
    Then I cancelled
    My mums name
    My bank details
    Zero issues
    Great deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

Has anyone got the new Gigabit service?

Any thoughts on it, if so.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    I just went onto a switching site got a great “new cust” deal in my mums name
    Then I cancelled
    My mums name
    My bank details
    Zero issues
    Great deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the suggestion...a crafty tactic!