closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko 8F56-0150 (Perpetual Calendar) - Battery Replacement Recommendations?

Journeyman

Seiko 8F56-0150 (Perpetual Calendar) - Battery Replacement Recommendations?

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations, to replace the battery of an old Seiko 8F56-0150.

It's got a perpetual calendar, which I didn't appreciate, is fiddly to replace the battery on, as the calendar needs to be set. Took it to a local "Watch Lab" store last time, but they had it for 6 months, which I thought was excessive.

Any recommendations with a decent turn around time would be appreciated

https://youtu.be/F3hVre1yf_k

This might be useful if you fancy changing the battery yourself (hope the method is the same as for your model of watch)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

A local Seiko AD should be able to replace the battery for you quite easily and for a reasonable fee.

If you're inclined to do some moderate tinkering yourself, here's a DIY tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3hVre1yf_k

It's not rocket science and you don't have to get the OEM Seiko battery if you save and re-use the adhesive insulator.

Journeyman
    Thanks for your replies.

I think I'd prefer someone more capable than myself do it, I'm too heavy handed to be tinkering myself ha ha.

Deal direct with Seiko UK. I send them my divers - it's a good service. Best thing to do is to ask them to do something else, such as replace the crystal, because they always change the battery, seals and pressure test any watch they work on anyway. You then get a Seiko guarantee on the work and the battery

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Deal direct with Seiko UK. I send them my divers - it's a good service. Best thing to do is to ask them to do something else, such as replace the crystal, because they always change the battery, seals and pressure test any watch they work on anyway. You then get a Seiko guarantee on the work and the battery
    Ha ha, serious?

Good suggestion. I suppose that I was hoping to be recommended either someone on here, or a small independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
    Ha ha, serious?

Good suggestion. I suppose that I was hoping to be recommended either someone on here, or a small independent.
    Yes, absolutely serious. From memory, Seiko UK once advised me not to request a battery change because that was just part of the service. And I've had no issues with their service or customer care
    service@seiko.co.uk to get it set up
    Last edited by Dr Wolff; 8th January 2021 at 18:07.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Yes, absolutely serious. From memory, Seiko UK once advised me not to request a battery change because that was just part of the service. And I've had no issues with their service or customer care
    service@seiko.co.uk to get it set up
    Thank you.