closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I need a tool for removal of a bracelet on a Breitling Seawolf II

I need a tool for removal of a bracelet on a Breitling Seawolf II

I got an Erikas Original, with the intention of putting it on my Breitling, but obviously, nothing is ever simple, and I quickly found out that my cheapo spring bar tool wont work with the bracelet or bars on my Bretling (it's the only watch I have with a bracelet that doesn't have drilled lugs, so I'd never found out how crap my cheap tool is before)

What do I need? Just one tool preferably rather than a kit, I have a lot of decent small screwdrivers etc, so I don't want to duplicate, I just need a thingy to do this particular thingy.

Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I used to have one of these on leather and ordered a bracelet from the Bluewater boutique. Fitting it turned into a two hour job for the boutique. They broke their own tool trying before taking it to the Omega boutique who broke their tool too. It then went on a tour of all watch shops at Bluewater until they were about to give up. Thankfully someone managed to cobble a device together out of a few other tools and managed to fit it at the last attempt. I think the problem was something to do with the depth of the pins that rendered the usual tools useless.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    I used to have one of these on leather and ordered a bracelet from the Bluewater boutique. Fitting it turned into a two hour job for the boutique. They broke their own tool trying before taking it to the Omega boutique who broke their tool too. It then went on a tour of all watch shops at Bluewater until they were about to give up. Thankfully someone managed to cobble a device together out of a few other tools and managed to fit it at the last attempt. I think the problem was something to do with the depth of the pins that rendered the usual tools useless.
    The tool that Ralphy showed should do the trick, because the spring bar holes are near the top of the case, so when attempting to remove them you go from the underside, they are a bit deeper than normal because of the sheer depth of the SW II case. That being said the length of the pin can be adjusted on the tool, they importance here is that the pins are precisesly shaped so they comfortably grip the springbar shoulders and that theyre not made of chocolate. Other than that it should be straight forward job.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bergeron with small fork works for me on my Colt and my U1 on bracelet which was a right pig to do.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    Bergeron with small fork works for me on my Colt and my U1 on bracelet which was a right pig to do.
    I have on occasions used a Bergeon 6767-F type tool, you can normally remove the springbar shoulder from one lug hole and do the other side then- not as clean as the tweezers and requires a bit more finesse but doable.

Blog Entries
    Fiddly as - x - to do but the Bergeron either tweezers or the small head tool should do the trick but a word of caution hang onto the bracelet spring bars as they are or were a slightly different design to the strap version
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I’ve not had chance to sort this yet, but thanks for the replies every one, I’ll get that tool ordered and cross my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Fiddly as - x - to do but the Bergeron either tweezers or the small head tool should do the trick but a word of caution hang onto the bracelet spring bars as they are or were a slightly different design to the strap version
    And length - as I discovered after trying for ages to use the same bars for a strap/bracelet change.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

OP you'll never get anywhere by calling people names...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.