closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex/Tudor Spring bar tool

Craftsman

Rolex/Tudor Spring bar tool

Hello,

Just wondering what spring bar toolyou guys use on your rolex/tudor watches for removing and (more importantly) putting your bracelet back on.

The opening is tiny on my bb58, and really struggled to put the bracelet back on. Scratched the lugs up abit to

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    Hello,

Just wondering what spring bar toolyou guys use on your rolex/tudor watches for removing and (more importantly) putting your bracelet back on.

The opening is tiny on my bb58, and really struggled to put the bracelet back on. Scratched the lugs up abit to

Thanks

Hi,

Don't have a '58, but this works perfectly on a Pelagos, North Flag and a BB...
    https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/co...e1?code=S49428

Adam

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adamch66 View Post
    Hi,

Adam
    Do you use the supplied tips? I got a cheapo Chinese one of these but the tips are poor. Wondering if bergeon ones will improve it. Kept slipping on my 58

Do you use the supplied tips? I got a cheapo Chinese one of these but the tips are poor. Wondering if bergeon ones will improve it. Kept slipping on my 58

Yes - it was all good for me.
    I'm sure the Bergeon tool will be better though - well I hope it will be for the cost difference :-)

use some low tack masking tape on the lugs as well. Cut out some small bits and stick on. That way if you do slip you hopefully avoid a scratch. I use the Bergeon tool but even that takes practice and it's not impposible to break it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by aldfort View Post
    use some low tack masking tape on the lugs as well. Cut out some small bits and stick on. That way if you do slip you hopefully avoid a scratch. I use the Bergeon tool but even that takes practice and it's not impposible to break it.
    Which bergeon tool? The tweezer type

Quote Originally Posted by adamch66 View Post
    Hi,

Adam
    I've just ordered the same and hoping they arrive today! I've got a nice Vanguard rubber strap to pop on the BB58.

Hello,

Thanks

I also found getting the 58 bracket back on an absolute ballache. No marks left but you’re not alone with the difficulties.

Craftsman
    I've seen horofix tweezers, about 1.4mm width though..

Can confirm that the cousins tool made life a whole lot easier changing the bracelet on my BB58 to the rubber strap. Really like the way the rubber strap changes the watch!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    Can confirm that the cousins tool made life a whole lot easier changing the bracelet on my BB58 to the rubber strap. Really like the way the rubber strap changes the watch!

Did the ends fit fine? Have you tried putting the bracelet back on?

Yes, the ends fit fine. If you look at the dimensions they're very close to the 'fine' version of the Bergeon tool. So very suitable for Rolex/Tudor.

I haven't tried putting the bracelet back on yet though, sounds like that's going to be fun

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    Yes, the ends fit fine. If you look at the dimensions they're very close to the 'fine' version of the Bergeon tool. So very suitable for Rolex/Tudor.

I haven't tried putting the bracelet back on yet though, sounds like that's going to be fun
    I have a cheap Chinese one of that exact tool, but mine was crap and kept slipping..

Which bergeon tool? The tweezer type

No just the ordinary "crowbar" type. (The Bergeon 7825 is the tool apparently supplied to Rolex AD's )

The 6767 tool comes in 3 variants. The fine (-F) and the standard (-S) have a range of fork sizes between them of 1.2 mm to 3.0mm.

I've just refitted the bracelet and the fit was fine. Spring bars can always be a tad fiddly but this was really easy to use.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by aldfort View Post
    No just the ordinary "crowbar" type. (The Bergeon 7825 is the tool apparently supplied to Rolex AD's )

The 6767 tool comes in 3 variants. The fine (-F) and the standard (-S) have a range of fork sizes between them of 1.2 mm to 3.0mm.
    I use the Bergeon 7825’s and they work well. I’ve also used the 6767 equivalent from Everest. Whist I find neither easy to use, the 7825 do work better for me.

Taping the lugs, is a good idea and the straps do get better to change with practice.