closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'll probably be catching Covid 19 tomorrow

I read the update. Glad your mum is on the mend and sorry to hear you are infected. My advice would be to preserve your strength to fight the virus and let it go re the family strife as you don't want any negativity to impair your recovery.

Families can be like this. For what it is worth if I was you I would be mightily cheesed off. What is more important than this is the fact that you were able to be there for your mum, and there is a good chance she would be dead if it was not for what you did. Once the dust settles and the magnified emotions from this very stressful time dissipate then this is what will have been most important and you can reflect on what you did with immense pride.

So now a bit of 'me time' for yourself, look after yourself and have a speedy recovery. My best wishes to you and yours.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    My advice - let it be. Lots of unwise decisions during this stressful time to be expected. Don’t hold grudges which you may regret sometime down the road...
    I was about to post something similar

Your sister will feel awful about your Mums condition…. Whatever her faults, she didn’t want to try and give your Mum COVID.

Do what you need to go to get your Mum straight as well as taking care of your own health

If I were you I wouldn’t even bring up the Xmas incident with anybody in the future…. Just let it drift under the bridge and celebrate (in the future) that you are happy, healthy and together again…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PJdB View Post

Anyway I realise the most important thing now is to get Mum home healthy, and to look after myself too.
    I hope things are going well PJdB.

Hi PJdB we didn't hear from you. Just checking in to make sure you are ok.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hello - thanks for checking in on us :)

So four weeks since my Mum was admitted to hospital! It's been the worse time of my life, - the phone calls telling me that Mum probably wouldn't make it, - finding out my Mum caught it by going behind my back to visit grandchildren despite Positive cases in their school, - family members who have turned on their back on me for no good reason. And on the flip side, growing closer to many other members of family and friends who have been amazingly supportive, - the wonderful conversations that I have been having with my MUm (some of them I thought may be my last).

So present day: It's been up & down, often 2 steps forward 1 step back, but Mum now only requires 1 litre of oxygen (she needed 15 litres when first admitted). Covid has left her lungs in a pretty bad way, so she has a lot of recovery to do, however, the hospital are going to send her home in the next few days - with oxygen to allow her to recover from her own home. She wont be able to move far, she is out of breath after moving from the bed to a chair for eg. The hospital are providing care visits 3 times a day which will include physiotherapy - for 4 weeks, - at which point we maybe able to still have regular care for a period of time thereafter.

Me, I feel much better than I did, I still have tinnitus and occasion blocked sinues etc, but for the most part I am feeling much better. I will be staying with her for a number of weeks/months, I have set up a mini office and intend to start transitioning back into work, maybe start off with a couple of hours. I also plan on getting back into my fitness, do a bit of yoga every day etc also.

There's been a fair amount of family drama - my sister messaged me, stating that her & Mum had jointly decided that her current home isn't suitable, and that she should sell it and buy an assisted living accomodation 1 bed flat (they've identified such a place which has been vacant for over a year, and I believe that they had desires to buy Mum's property and rent it out themselves).

When i spoke to Mum - she said that wasn't the case, and that my sister said that she would firstly discuss options with me, and any decisions made should be jointly decided, - so very disingenuous of her to pretend the decision was 'cut and dried'. I reply to my sister telling her this, and how uncomfortable myself and family are that Mum is feeling pressure to make these decisions at all, she should be resting and recovering, and shouldn't make such huge decisions from the vulnerability of her hospital bed where she's been pumped full of drugs for the past 3+ weeks. My sister very quickly started backtracking, and almost ignored all the options I put to her which would Mum's life more managable going forward, - and still was reluctant to give me any details of this property she wanted Mum to move into... - she just went on and on telling me that I should discuss Mum with close family or friends and that any discussion should only be with her (!). She seems only worried in what others might think of her.

So bottom line is that I am getting better, - Mum is getting better, and I am looking forward to having her home, spending time with her, getting back into my work and fitness! Going to be a slow long road granted :)

Good to hear that mum is on the mend and that you are feeling better too. Take care.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    So nice to hear you are both on the mend.
    Sorry that you’ve been having family grief. Hope you can work it all out with minimal stress.

Blog Entries
    I’d been thinking about you…. Glad to hear you’re and your Mum too!