closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Multi-watch winders

Craftsman

Multi-watch winders

I need to replace my current watch winder with one that can store 6 or 8 watches. I missed out on the massive Wolf sale during black friday but their 6 watch winder looks to be well built, is this really worth the money? It's very expensive IMO but what are it's competitors like?
    Recommendations for alternative winders?

I'm not after multiple single winders, and i know winders are a subject where you either like them or don't, personally they work well for me as I can wear a watch as and when I like and not have to wind them up when i want to wear one
    Last edited by EmilA; 4th January 2021 at 12:23.

Master
    I have a Barrington watch winder that operates silently, and is superb way to store and present your watches. Each watch can be individually programmed and lighting/controls work nicely.

https://www.barringtonwatchwinders.c...-watch-winders

Craftsman
    That is a really good alternative winder, thank you. Have you had the chance to compare it to a Wolf winder?

I did see in the PSA that some owners have those winders and recently got a Wolf one, hopefully someone can chime in soon

Master
    Blog Entries
    I use Aevitas single modular winders,so far so good.

I got this single winder in the sale for around £160, very good value at that price. It is well built, pretty much silent and with the use I will give it (I’m sat on my backside all day at the moment working from home so I use it to keep my watch going rather than winding with the crown) I expect it will last years, looks good too.

If it was £260 I’d say ok, if it was £360 I’d say it was too expensive, at the RRP of £525 I’d say that was ridiculous!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I bought two 3x Wolf winders and a storage box in their recent sale, but I sent them all back as the storage box wasn't suitable for my needs and I decided I really didn't want the winders either!

At the sale price, the box looked good, but the normal asking price seems very steep for what is on offer.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I got a Wolf 3 x winder in the sale and the quality is excellent and it is very quiet on both mains power and batteries!

I also have a Barrington 4 x winder which is also good quality but maybe not quite to the level of the Wolf but it is a close run thing. It only runs off mains power. It is a little bit louder than the wolf but it isn’t loud by any means.

Overall, IMHO the Barrington is much better value for money and I would not have got the Wolf if it had not been in the amazing sale. If it had been any where near the retail price - it just isn’t worth the money.

I just buy them from eBay and throw them away when they are no longer repairable. I'm on my second (6 watch winder and space for 7 other watches) and it's been going for around 6 years now. Similar to THIS.

Craftsman
    Appreciate the feedback, looks like the WOLF is only worth it if heavily discounted. The Barrington winder's do look really good in comparison, especially when it comes to pricing. I've got a few more weeks to decide atleast so can give it all some thought.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I just buy them from eBay and throw them away when they are no longer repairable. I'm on my second (6 watch winder and space for 7 other watches) and it's been going for around 6 years now. Similar to THIS.
    That's pretty similar to what I have now but in the 4 watch version, sadly falling apart as the trim where the cushions gone have come loose and can fall out.