closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega seamaster 300m vs Tudor BB GMT

Master

Omega seamaster 300m vs Tudor BB GMT

Does anybody have both the Tudor GMT and Omega seamaster 300m? Appreciate they are quite different watches but I like both and want to understand which is more comfortable. I am ok with my GMT but the lack of adjustability in the bracelet frustrates me. I am hoping the micro adjusting clasp and slightly thinner watch may make it wear a bit better. Clearly I would try one on before changing but wanted to see if anyone had any views.

Also, reviews seem to suggest the bracelet and clasp edges on the omega are on the sharp side. Is this the case and does it make it uncomfortable to wear?

Stu

Master
    No GMT here, but do have the new SMP (I have had the standard Black Bay, and still have the bronze) IMO the Omega is far better in fit and finish (and should be given the price difference) and to me is a better looking watch.

Cant say I've ever noticed any sharp edges - I've always found it extremely comfortable to wear. Also looks great on a variety of straps.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    No GMT here, but do have the new SMP (I have had the standard Black Bay, and still have the bronze) IMO the Omega is far better in fit and finish (and should be given the price difference) and to me is a better looking watch.

Cant say I've ever noticed any sharp edges - I've always found it extremely comfortable to wear. Also looks great on a variety of straps.

That’s great, I am really starting to talk myself into selling my GMT and buying the white model on the bracelet.

Master
    I have had a Tudor GMT that I sold last summer and many moons ago an old seamaster. I would say of the two the Omega was much more comfortable to wear. The GMT is a lovely looking watch, but quite imposing compared to the Seamaster.

Both are great watches, but have quite a different appearance and feel on the wrist.

Master
    I briefly owned the Harrods edition and liked it very much but it was slab sided . Seamaster’s by contrast feel slimmer on the wrist. Never had any issue with either the bond style bracelet or the taper bracelet

I find both just as comfortable. The Omega adjustable clasp is probably easier to get a quicker best fit, but all good.

Just buy whichever is your favourite looking watch. On a comparison against the new SMP300m model, I’d take the GMT every day, but I’d likely choose the older black gloss dial SMP300m above the rest, and then just add an adjustable clasp.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    I haven't had the new seamster but do have a seamster Chrono. For me the Tudor is one of the most comfortable watches out there. It's also a bit more dynamic than the seamster. I think if I was to add another omega it would be a speedy.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    When I bought my GMT the AD who sized the bracelet tried quite a few combinations of removing links/clasp adjustment before I found a comfy fit.

Although I bought the bracelet version of the new Seamaster I’ve never actually worn it on the bracelet as I picked up an Omega rubber strap on SC and that’s what’s currently fitted. It’s the white Seamaster I have so the two watches look quite different though they both seem to live in the watch box most of the time.

For me it's the Tudor GMT all day. I think it's gorgeous. The only reason I didn't put my money into one was the date wheel issue, just don't want the hassle if it goes wrong.

I've had two black bay blacks and preferred them on rubber and leather due to the lack of adjustment. I wouldn't buy a bracelet watch without micro-adjustment personally, but I have fat wrists and the % expansion and contraction is noticeable in mm as a result. Slimmer guys might not care.

Omega will win for comfort in general and even moreso for adjustability.

Blog Entries
    The Seamaster is very comfortable to wear, and in my opinion is a better looking watch than the Tudor. Also as mentioned it looks good on different straps as well.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Is there no micro adjust in the GMT bracelet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    Is there no micro adjust in the GMT bracelet?
    There is but on my 7 inch wrist I can only adjust by 4mm. One adjustment is slightly too tight (micro adjustment hole at its loosest before adding another link) and the other slightly too loose (additional link added and micro adjustment hole on the tightest hole). It’s quite frustrating.

For those struggling between sizes, I saw an interesting post on WUS about using a Tudor Iconaut 20400 half link with the BB GMT bracelet.

Post #8 and #16 on the link below.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/t...sited.4856301/

(p.s. obviously this is a bit of a hack and shouldn't be necessary, but every watch has its flaws)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    For those struggling between sizes, I saw an interesting post on WUS about using a Tudor Iconaut 20400 half link with the BB GMT bracelet.

Post #8 and #16 on the link below.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/t...sited.4856301/

(p.s. obviously this is a bit of a hack and shouldn't be necessary, but every watch has its flaws)
    Madness really, just shows how many people struggle with it. I did have an additional micro adjusting hole added to my 58 clasp as that is not I watch I intend to sell. That helps and at the very least Tudor would to that!

Craftsman
    i don’t own either but i’ve tried on the tudor gmt in central london and i’ve also tried on the omega seamaster in blue as my best friend owns one, the omega is a far superior watch to the tudor IMHO the blue really looks stunning and the bezel too. the strap is ok nothing special but i’d say the same about the tudor strap. both are decent but nothing special and i found the omega bracelet to be slightly comfortable as it contours nicely round the wrist