closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: In pictures - comparison: 124060 - 116610LV - 126655

Blog Entries

In pictures - comparison: 124060 - 116610LV - 126655

I thought I'd share a few comparison shots of these three Rolex which to my eyes shows how close the 'new' 2020 model shape is to the earlier versions, though the 126655 YM is a completely different piece with highly polished case and all curves and all together a different shape.

I will let you form your own opinions however, I have to say the subtle modifications to the 124060 case make it a very wearable companion to the other two modern Rolex in my collection. I hope you find these pictures useful..

In case you are wondering, the wood in the background was one of my North American style (actually hand made in the UK) double bore flute, that I discovered is a perfect fit for fitting my watches on for photo duties.

You may have spotted bumper strips on the case sides and clasp of the LV and YM - I know it's pedantic but these were cut from Zag protection for a mobile device bought off eBay for £1.99 and has provided excellent ways of stopping scratches on the most prone areas. I may grow out of these at some point, but for now it's nice to protect these areas. I'll be adding them to the Sub also, before it gets scratched up.

Finally a YouTube channeller with some specific measurements:

Hope the pictures are useful to anyone who has the 'old' and considering the 'new' - or visa-versa.

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 3rd January 2021 at 19:50.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I thought I'd share a few comparison shots of these three Rolex which to my eyes shows how close the 'new' 2020 model shape is to the earlier versions, though the 126655 YM is a completely different piece with highly polished case and all curves and all together a different shape.

I will let you form your own opinions however, I have to say the subtle modifications to the 124060 case make it a very wearable companion to the other two modern Rolex in my collection. I hope you find these pictures useful..

In case you are wondering, the wood in the background was one of my North American style (actually hand made in the UK) double bore flute, that I discovered is a perfect fit for fitting my watches on for photo duties.

.................................................. .
    You may have spotted bumper strips on the case sides and clasp of the LV and YM - I know it's pedantic but these were cut from Zag protection for a mobile device bought off eBay for £1.99 and has provided excellent ways of stopping scratches on the most prone areas. I may grow out of these at some point, but for now it's nice to protect these areas. I'll be adding them to the Sub also, before it gets scratched up.

Hope the pictures are useful to anyone who has the 'old' and considering the 'new' - or visa-versa.

Martyn
    Great pictures, the 124060 is the only watch I might put before my new model sub date, but it would be close. Nice to see the comparisons.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

Martyn
    Martyn, may I suggest a company called esquirelife who make excellent bumper stickers for every part of the submariner watch. Excellent quality, fit perfectly and most importantly they last. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Martyn, may I suggest a company called esquirelife who make excellent bumper stickers for every part of the submariner watch. Excellent quality, fit perfectly and most importantly they last. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Will take a look.

A bit if film won’t protect against shocks,
    Bubblewrap & microfibre clothis the way to go, and it almost fits under the cuff

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Bubblewrap & microfibre clothis the way to go, and it almost fits under the cuff

Next time we have dinner and beers you gonna wear the 5990 like that :)

Bit overkill now sticking stickers on watches.
    Last edited by alanski; 3rd January 2021 at 22:19.

Blog Entries

Excellent idea. I’ll try that. :-)

Master
    I think the Yachtmaster case has quite a lot in common with the Daytona. It feels a slimmer, more obviously elegant watch.
    As for scratching the case......life is perhaps happier when you stop worrying. All can be restored at service time; it’s just a watch after all. Otherwise you get like those guys who leave plastic covers on their car seats.

Nice to have all three but get those stickers off

Craftsman
    Lovely comparison and great pics too.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    As for scratching the case......life is perhaps happier when you stop worrying. All can be restored at service time; it’s just a watch after all. Otherwise you get like those guys who leave plastic covers on their car seats.
    100% agree with this. I used to be one of those guys with covers on the seats (although they were not plastic), kids came along and eventually I became less precious about the cars as mostly they can be cleaned up or repaired. Same happens with my watches too, once they pick up a few scratches, I start to relax and feel though I enjoy them more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Nice to have all three but get those stickers off
    but a stickered LV maybe adds £5K to the value. (Joke by the way)

yes - I may deflower them both very soon.