closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor quality control issues and my Tudor experience... so far...

Master

Tudor quality control issues and my Tudor experience... so far...

Given the amount of chatter I have seen on QC issues with Rolex and Tudor in various places I figured I’d share my experience. It’s not great to be honest but I still enjoy the watches and will buy more in the future.

https://youtu.be/exk9ujid6vg

Stu
    Last edited by Stuno1; 3rd January 2021 at 09:58.

Master
    I admire your perseverance you obviously love the look of a Tudor
    Think I’d be getting a second hand Omega or Breitling as a replacement if this kept on happening

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    I admire your perseverance you obviously love the look of a Tudor
    Think I’d be getting a second hand Omega or Breitling as a replacement if this kept on happening
    I am persevering.... for now! I am eying up an omega speedy professional sapphire sandwich (but now waiting for the newer model to see what it brings) and the seamaster rose gold & black variant on rubber strap.

My omega AT 8500 has been superb.

Can you sum up your issues without me adding to your viewing figures?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    1. Pelagos - seized bezel so sent back to Tudor. Seized again so sent back again. Lume marker fell out of the bezel. Sold it!
    2. GMT had the date wheel issue.
    3. Bb 58 black all good.
    4. Bb 48 blue - text run on the Tudor logo so with Tudor now being sorted.

Interesting video, thanks for sharing the experience, 3/4 is a poor success rate by Tudor.
    I've only had one Tudor myself and no issues so far, fingers crossed it stays that way!

Seems unnecessarily rude...

Must say I've recently fallen out of love with Tudor. My Pelagos bezel has started shedding lume and they would only replace it at my cost with a full service. WTF, they don't need to open the case to pop in a new insert and this is a well known problem.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

Forums, or fora if you’re that way inclined shouldn’t just be where people post links to their blogs or YouTube channels, that’s the quickest way to kill a forum, I’ve seen too many food forums killed when the bloggers became a thing. The forum should be where the discussion happens, not the comments page on a YouTube link. Is that really so rude?

Master
    Interesting video, thanks for sharing the experience, 3/4 is a poor success rate by Tudor.
    I've only had one Tudor myself and no issues so far, fingers crossed it stays that way!

That’s good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdiver View Post
    Must say I've recently fallen out of love with Tudor. My Pelagos bezel has started shedding lume and they would only replace it at my cost with a full service. WTF, they don't need to open the case to pop in a new insert and this is a well known problem.

That’s very disappointing to hear. This is a known issue so yeah, not great. I just love the styling and sadly would need to sell both my GMT and 58 to get 1 omega and some change. As it stands I would rather have the two tudors.

Forums, or fora if you’re that way inclined shouldn’t just be where people post links to their blogs or YouTube channels, that’s the quickest way to kill a forum, I’ve seen too many food forums killed when the bloggers became a thing. The forum should be where the discussion happens, not the comments page on a YouTube link. Is that really so rude?
    It was the second half of your sentence that made it rude.

No it wasn’t, I said nothing that could remotely be construed as rude, grow up weirdo.

No it wasn’t, I said nothing that could remotely be construed as rude, grow up weirdo.
    There you go, being unnecessarily rude in the second half of a sentence again

Great, but I still haven’t seen the print problem on the dial - you kind of promise that in your video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There you go, being unnecessarily rude in the second half of a sentence again
    Yeah i guess that’s a thing. Weirdo.

My point is, that no one is here to watch people’s YouTube Vids, we’re here to talk here. If you want more clicks and more subscribers, this might not be the place to get them. Weirdo.

My point is, that no one is here to watch people’s YouTube Vids, we’re here to talk here. If you want more clicks and more subscribers, this might not be the place to get them. Weirdo.
    Yikes, that's three 'weirdo' comments now, give it a rest?

I think everyone here is old enough to make their own mind up on if they want to click a YouTube link or not. Miraculously, it seems people have even managed to digest the content and return here to talk about it.

Yikes, that's three 'weirdo' comments now, give it a rest?

I think everyone here is old enough to make their own mind up on if they want to click a YouTube link or not. Miraculously, it seems people have even managed to digest the content and return here to talk about it.
    Weirdo.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    That’s good to hear.

That’s very disappointing to hear. This is a known issue so yeah, not great. I just love the styling and sadly would need to sell both my GMT and 58 to get 1 omega and some change. As it stands I would rather have the two tudors.
    What I think is most disappointing is that you are buying new to effectively have the comfort of warranty and the best shape the watch is ever going to be in but you’ve hit a 75% or so problem rate. Totally unacceptable
    I spotted your comment about the Omega pricing differences but that’s where I think imo I’d strike out and buy another brand with 2 years of someone else’s careful use, maybe just with a couple of months of warranty left so you are giving yourself an effective 28 day test out . The depreciation has already happened so flipping might not be a financial disaster either if you find it’s not for you.

Had an issue with my gmt and a bracelet screw that kept coming loose. Went back to them after it happened several times with a replacement screw to ask them to change the link out but they didn’t and just replaced the screw again. Sold it after that as I lost trust with it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Rather strong but do agree with the thought. I usually do not click on links that take me to someone’s blog or YouTube vid.
    I do feel for the OP has had a run of bad lack with Tudor.
    I have several Tudors but no issue so far. Never had the dreaded GMT though.

Blog Entries
    He has a You Tube channel called Wheels and Watches, so hardly rude to think he is promoting his channel. Perhaps be different if it was a one-off video by someone.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Manxdiver View Post

This is one of the issues, well, the main issue, that keeps me away from a brand new Pelagos. I’d love to have one but this is something I keep reading about and the customer service response each time just seems crap. A full service and replacement at the customer’s cost each time? Give me a break.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    What I think is most disappointing is that you are buying new to effectively have the comfort of warranty and the best shape the watch is ever going to be in but you’ve hit a 75% or so problem rate. Totally unacceptable
    I spotted your comment about the Omega pricing differences but that’s where I think imo I’d strike out and buy another brand with 2 years of someone else’s careful use, maybe just with a couple of months of warranty left so you are giving yourself an effective 28 day test out . The depreciation has already happened so flipping might not be a financial disaster either if you find it’s not for you.
    I am close to making such a decision. My omega has been faultless the number of issues with my Tudors I have to agree is unacceptable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    Great, but I still haven’t seen the print problem on the dial - you kind of promise that in your video.

Doh! I uploaded the wrong clip. Now rectified. Image below of what appears to be running ink.

Doh! I uploaded the wrong clip. Now rectified. Image below of what appears to be running ink.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

If the ink was running it suggests it did while still wet after being applied. It’s pretty obvious to the naked eye, didn’t you notice it when you bought it? I feel sure I would have.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Stuno1;5632164]1. Pelagos - seized bezel so sent back to Tudor. Seized again so sent back again. Lume marker fell out of the bezel. Sold it!

I had exactly the same problem with a Pelagos I bought a couple of years ago. I bought a black Pelagos and when I got home I noticed a small metal filing beneath the crystal. It was loose and moved around when you moved the watch. The dealer was great, and told me to keep the watch until a replacement arrived in stock. A few weeks later I got the call to say the replacement had arrived. I exchanged the watches only to discover the very same day that the bezel action was getting stiffer with every click and then seized solid. I received a full refund and have not gone back to Tudor since then.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    If the ink was running it suggests it did while still wet after being applied. It’s pretty obvious to the naked eye, didn’t you notice it when you bought it? I feel sure I would have.
    That’s the issue, it wasn’t like that for the first 2 months ish. I looked at early images I took once I noticed it and it wasn’t there.

Master
    [QUOTE=Bobbyf;5632455]
    1. Pelagos - seized bezel so sent back to Tudor. Seized again so sent back again. Lume marker fell out of the bezel. Sold it!

I had exactly the same problem with a Pelagos I bought a couple of years ago. I bought a black Pelagos and when I got home I noticed a small metal filing beneath the crystal. It was loose and moved around when you moved the watch. The dealer was great, and told me to keep the watch until a replacement arrived in stock. A few weeks later I got the call to say the replacement had arrived. I exchanged the watches only to discover the very same day that the bezel action was getting stiffer with every click and then seized solid. I received a full refund and have not gone back to Tudor since then.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Not great at all.

Blog Entries
    That’s the issue, it wasn’t like that for the first 2 months ish. I looked at early images I took once I noticed it and it wasn’t there.
    So the ink was still wet and there was enough of it to run to that extent?
    And it stayed wet for how long before running?
    So presumably it would look fat on the early images?

Master
    You come across as a bit abrasive. The OP made an assumption that it was running ink. It may very well be wrong but the fact remains that there is a visible defect there.
    Whether it was ink or not doesn’t really matter.
    If you don’t like the thread just move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Looked fine on early images. See below.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    You come across as a bit abrasive. The OP made an assumption that it was running ink. It may very well be wrong but the fact remains that there is a visible defect there.
    Whether it was ink or not doesn’t really matter.
    If you don’t like the thread just move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm talking to the OP about the defects he has posted, and trying to understand how they might have happened. I'm not being abrasive at all, but your last sentence was. I suggest you take your own advice.

Blog Entries
    Looked fine on early images. See below.

Seems strange that it would run to that extent, and normally a run would be as opaque towards the end if there was enough liquid to enable it to run that far. This looks more like a scratch where the ink was dragged across the dial. Interesting to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

By the way I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just trying to figure out how it would happen.

Master
    Seems strange that it would run to that extent, and normally a run would be as opaque towards the end if there was enough liquid to enable it to run that far. This looks more like a scratch where the ink was dragged across the dial. Interesting to see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

By the way I'm not saying I don't believe you, I'm just trying to figure out how it would happen.
    Me too, Tudor just admitted it is a defect and didn’t state what it was. It’s an odd one.

He has a You Tube channel called Wheels and Watches, so hardly rude to think he is promoting his channel. Perhaps be different if it was a one-off video by someone.
    The poster implied (and later outright stated) that he was posting simply for views and subscribers. Are you aware of a better way to share a video on TZUK? It was rude, as was his later tirade of name calling.

Master
    All. I am not trying to be a ‘youtuber’ I just find it a useful way to share my thoughts and quite enjoy the format as an alternative to just posting on forums. I find it to be a more engaging form of media for some topics.

I certainly wasn’t intending to cause arguments. My YouTube account was created in 2010 and I use it for fun and that’s it.

Blog Entries
    The poster implied (and later outright stated) that he was posting simply for views and subscribers. Are you aware of a better way to share a video on TZUK? It was rude, as was his later tirade of name calling.
    Like I said.................

And when he asked. "Can you sum up your issues without me adding to your viewing figures?" the OP was only too glad to help and didn't get offended. But you had to get offended for him and started all the silliness. So jog on.

Like I said.................

And when he asked. "Can you sum up your issues without me adding to your viewing figures?" the OP was only too glad to help and didn't get offended. But you had to get offended for him and started all the silliness. So jog on.
    Think the OP has clarified above his intentions had nothing to do with viewing figures or subscribers.

As I said previously, I objected to the second half of the sentence by saying it "seems unnecessarily rude", hardly a tirade. I didn't escalate nor resort to childish name calling, so if that's the behaviour you'd encourage then kindly jog on yourself.

Blog Entries
    Think the OP has clarified above his intentions had nothing to do with viewing figures or subscribers.

As I said previously, I objected to the second half of the sentence by saying it "seems unnecessarily rude", hardly a tirade. I didn't escalate nor resort to childish name calling, so if that's the behaviour you'd encourage then kindly jog on yourself.
    The OP didn't seem to find it rude. Must be hard for you being offended on everyone else's behalf all the time.

Apprentice
    I went to buy a BB58 black before Christmas.
    There was a speck of gold paint on the inside of the glass near the 5 min position.
    Dealer was good, is going to send back to Tudor and will call me when next is available.

The OP didn't seem to find it rude. Must be hard for you being offended on everyone else's behalf all the time.
    I don't recall saying I was offended about it. Commenting on it doesn't make me offended, are you offended?

When you say all the time, did you have something in mind? Rather than underhand comments, just say what you mean - life is simpler that way.

Feel free to take it to Inbox.

Blog Entries
    I don't recall saying I was offended about it. Commenting on it doesn't make me offended, are you offended?

No not at all. What you said doesn't offend me, just commenting on it the same as you.

When you say all the time, did you have something in mind? Rather than underhand comments, just say what you mean - life is simpler that way.

It wasn't an 'underhand comment' simply commenting on what you said.

Feel free to take it to Inbox.

I can say anything I need to in public.

Cool, then neither of us are offended, all is well :)

Blog Entries
    Cool, then neither of us are offended, all is well :)
    Quite. It's possible to disagree and not be.

Master
    I bought a BB58 very recently and being very (very) picky the Bezel alignnment is slightly off and initially the crown did feel gravelly when screwing down (stop sniggering at the back).
    The crown now feels to have freed up although I am conscious that there is a step between manual winding (ie crown unscrewed) and the time setting. Almost as if the movement has a date setting.
    The bezel action has improved with a bit of use.
    I think it is important to consider when buying that these are a ‘value’ watch, you are not paying Rolex or Omega money.
    Yes £2.5k is a lot of money but by the time you remove the Vat, dealer margin, transport, warranty, R+D and marketing costs then you’re buying a sub £1000 watch.
    It’s frustrating to have a problem but at least you have 5 years of snagging if you need it.

Craftsman
    When I received my bb58 from AD (posted) the watch had a misaligned bezel and a crooked 6 o'clock marker, it was very disappointing.

I have since received a replacement from AD as I returned the watch, the replacement is perfect as far as I can tell.

But the first experience did almost have me asking for a refund.

I have seen lots of QC issues on some of the tudor Facebook groups, it is slightly worrying! In my eyes £2760 is not a 'value' watch, and I expect everything to be perfect to the naked eye! I have watches that cost £200 that are perfect to the naked eye.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    I bought a BB58 very recently and being very (very) picky the Bezel alignnment is slightly off and initially the crown did feel gravelly when screwing down (stop sniggering at the back).
    The crown now feels to have freed up although I am conscious that there is a step between manual winding (ie crown unscrewed) and the time setting. Almost as if the movement has a date setting.
    The bezel action has improved with a bit of use.
    I think it is important to consider when buying that these are a ‘value’ watch, you are not paying Rolex or Omega money.
    Yes £2.5k is a lot of money but by the time you remove the Vat, dealer margin, transport, warranty, R+D and marketing costs then you’re buying a sub £1000 watch.
    It’s frustrating to have a problem but at least you have 5 years of snagging if you need it.

I tried the crown on 3 or 4 different black bays at an AD about 18 months ago (they actually had a couple of BB58’s in stock and I was on the verge of buying) but the crowns on all were gravelly and nasty. I’ve owned a variety of watches over the years and these were on the ‘cheap Seiko’ end of the scale - not something I’d expect on a £2k+ watch. I walked away disappointed and tbh it actually put me off the idea of a black bay entirely. I’ve had plenty of watches under £200 which had smooth crown actions.

Modern watches in this price band should look and feel perfect, Tudor or whoever produces their parts will have high end machinery to keep a standard matched by fine tolerances.

To let that standard slip and put out a faulty product is essentially company suicide, if their quality control was more strict at every stage but added a small extra cost to every watch then they would be better off for it.

Saying that, at their RRP prices they are right in the mix with a lot of other watches so the customer has plenty of choice if the Tudor looks expensive..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I tried the crown on 3 or 4 different black bays at an AD about 18 months ago (they actually had a couple of BB58’s in stock and I was on the verge of buying) but the crowns on all were gravelly and nasty. I’ve owned a variety of watches over the years and these were on the ‘cheap Seiko’ end of the scale - not something I’d expect on a £2k+ watch. I walked away disappointed and tbh it actually put me off the idea of a black bay entirely. I’ve had plenty of watches under £200 which had smooth crown actions.

It’s worrying isn’t it. From experience Certina have brilliant crowns and you’re looking at £600-£800 new and £450 used