closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A review from what I would call a bitter customer

Craftsman

A review from what I would call a bitter customer

https://youtu.be/UfN4TLjsXPg

Having purchased 4 watches from Eddie I can say that I have had no such experiences. I was first in line when the Navigator went on sale on the 8th of November and had it on my wrist a week later. I have emailed Eddie from time to time with general or specific questions and have had only good interactions with him.

When you make such great watches and the demand is so high then things will happen, but from my perspective I will always recommend a watch from TimeFactors and will continue to visit the store in the future.

I love it when someone comments "thank you for your honest review"...............

Not sure how they qualify the "honest" though.

He contacted me to say that after he took the bracelet off, he couldn't get it back on and claimed that the bracelet must be faulty. I replied stating that if the manufacturer could fit the bracelet and he could remove it, in what way was it faulty? He didn't have an answer.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    From my own experience the quality of wrist bands supplied with my last two purchases have not been quite as good as the pervious three, however that's not to say they were unusable and quickly resolved by finding a nice alternative.

Master
    It seems a bit conceited to me to believe that because something is ‘difficult’ the fault lies with tool rather than the workman.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    It seems a bit conceited to me to believe that because something is ‘difficult’ the fault lies with tool rather than the workman.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    After watching the video, they may be one and the same.

Craftsman
    I also replied to a comment on that review from a person who calls themselves "Affordable Watches" with a youtube channel with 1 subscriber. Well anyway they stated that they couldn't understand all the hype with these watches, and went on to state they were nothing more than generic chinese made watches in all of their parts. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stated they can say that because they have never had one, and that they are anything but a generic chinese made watch. Well as you would guess I got a quick reply back saying that I should be ashamed of myself, and that these watches are as good or as bad as any chinese watch on Aliexpress or Ebay with the same quality as the likes of Corgeut, Cadisen, Sreeldive and many others. And then he had to add in that the customer service is most likely better from those brands.

Well it is pretty obvious that this guy has no idea about Eddies watches from any angle. The other thing that I couldn't believe is the guy who did the review said that it was sad because the black dialed Everest was his favorite watch but he could no longer wear it because the experience was so bad. I guess it was the watches fault. What ever floats your boat.

All I can say is that my Navigator is probably my top watch out of the 3 in my small collection. Thanks Eddie for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I also replied to a comment on that review from a person who calls themselves "Affordable Watches" with a youtube channel with 1 subscriber. Well anyway they stated that they couldn't understand all the hype with these watches, and went on to state they were nothing more than generic chinese made watches in all of their parts. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stated they can say that because they have never had one, and that they are anything but a generic chinese made watch. Well as you would guess I got a quick reply back saying that I should be ashamed of myself, and that these watches are as good or as bad as any chinese watch on Aliexpress or Ebay with the same quality as the likes of Corgeut, Cadisen, Sreeldive and many others. And then he had to add in that the customer service is most likely better from those brands.
    Funnily enough I spotted this video yesterday and read those comments from Mr Affordable watches. I found it strange how they make such negative comments but then state incorrect facts. Ah well, their loss, my gain I guess, at least I know what I’m buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even a fool knows that the first step is to return the watch and bracelet for inspection and repair/replacement if found to be defective. He chose not to do this.

Eddoie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Funnily enough I spotted this video yesterday and read those comments from Mr Affordable watches. I found it strange how they make such negative comments but then state incorrect facts. Ah well, their loss, my gain I guess, at least I know what I’m buying.

I've just this moment replied to the same person, saying that their statement is incredibly ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I've just this moment replied to the same person, saying that their statement is incredibly ignorant.
    Yes I was tempted to do the same. And also add comments about how many parts for Swiss watches are made in China, but then remembered one of my favourite quotations: Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience....

Craftsman
    What kind of a person takes the time to make a video just because they perceive they have been treated badly. I am sorry Eddie about their disrespect, but I hope you don't mind if a few of us loyal customers give our side of our experience in the comment section.
    Last edited by kneadking; 4th January 2021 at 07:22.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    What king of a person takes the time to make a video just because they perceive they have been treated badly. I am sorry Eddie about their disrespect, but I hope you don't mind if a few of us loyal customers give our side of our experience in the comment section.
    He didn't make the video because of the watch of how he feels he was treated, he was just hunting anything for an upload. Where Time Factors watches are getting the credit they deserve he thought he would come in with the opposite opinion to get first move advantage on the negative views. The guy is just a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post

Just spotted his exact same comment posted on my video review of the Everest.

Deleted

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using TZ-UK mobile app

Affordable Watches has been seeking out Smiths reviews and posting negative comments, here's another one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ6biC5CwBA

Affordable watches
    Affordable watches
    6 hours ago
    Smiths watches are nothing more than a watch made 100% in china with chinese generic parts. This is what you are buying if you go ahead.

Why a Rolex homage? because the chinese have been making rolex copies for decades - there is plenty of factories producing them and it is easy and cheaper to assemble a watch using cases and bracelets that are a plain copy of a rolex.

What are you getting extra from Smiths that justify the extra payment in opposition to the Rolex copies/hommages available at Aliexpress/ebay/alibaba for less than 100usd? Very little, but in summary the next:
    - Packaging: Smiths delivers the watch in an extremely cheap packaging - u can appreciate this in the video
    - Quality of the case and bracelet: the same as the ones sold at Aliexpress for less than 100usd.
    - Watch glass: Smiths offers sapphire but the ones from Aliexpress too - no improvement here.
    - Movement: Smiths offers a Miyota 9015 movement (btw a good movement), the ones at Aliexpress tend to offer the next options Miyota 8215, Seiko NH36, seagull ST16 or a generic chinese 2813 (The last one being the worst option - but is also fitted into the very cheapest watches, at around 50usd).
    - Dial and hands: Smiths comes with a simple printed dial - this is the cheapest way to produce a dial - and very generic rolex hands. Some of the other chinese copies come with dials with applied markers - this is more expensive yet those watches are sold for far less than Smiths.
    - Customer service: Chinese sellers are not known for providing a good customer service, but here is the key, Aliexpress intercedes between you and the seller and if you have a complain or receive a damage/defective product... you are likely to receive a full or partial refund. In the case of Smiths watches.... you just need to check out this video and will understand the type of person behind Smiths and what he delivers as a "customer service". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfN4...HeE9I3ejLKxCVy

The last topic is brand heritage: Once a brand becomes abandoned by the owners - and this was the case of Smiths watches... Anybody can register and own the name by registering it again to himself --- this is the case of Smiths and many other brands (Ball watches, etc...). Timefactors has been importing batches of chinese watches and re-selling them to european customers since 1996... At some point the guy owning Timefactors realized he could re-register abandoned historical brands and he has done it several times... check Timefactors offerings, he not only offers Smiths but also other less known historical brands he has registered again---- the difference between the different brands he sells? only the brand logo he is requesting the chinese manufacturer to print on the dial. ----------- MAKE up your mind if you consider this kind of "heritage" deserves any additional value or payment.

He seems to really have it in for you Eddid. A banned member or just a sad act with too much time on his hands?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Affordable Watches has been seeking out Smiths reviews and posting negative comments, here's another one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ6biC5CwBA

Seems hell-bent on trying to ensure that people do not make their own minds up.

I have no idea who he is and I'm sure he's never had one of my watches or he wouldn't be making the statements he has. He clearly has very little knowledge about watches.

Eddie

He’s not selling an Air Ministry on eBay is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    He’s not selling an Air Ministry on eBay is he?
    Seems a bit of a cult, that seller.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I have no idea who he is and I'm sure he's never had one of my watches or he wouldn't be making the statements he has. He clearly has very little knowledge about watches.

Eddie
    He had some pretty nasty comments for me but I just consider the source. He accused me of having a fake profile. LOL

Apprentice
    People are just strange.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. This is the internet and you can waste half your life chasing idiots like that. Timefactors watches are for people who know what they want and know what they are getting. There was a time when all of Eddie's watches came with German cases and Swiss movements. At the time, the best of the best. These days they come with Chinese cases and Japanese movements. And trust me, they are not inferior, not even equal to, but better than before.

As of recent there are a lot of new people passing through. You are always going to get an idiot here and there.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Apprentice
    It's funny tho...
    A sour post about Timefactors and service yet 50% of the comments are from ppl wanting to buy the watches!
    Made me chuckle !!