closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SONOS - Not what it used to be?

SONOS - Not what it used to be?

Firstly, seasons greetings and Happy New Year to all, here’s for a better 2021!

Got a fairly simple set up. New Amp with Sub and a Play 5 running tunes in the lounge area.

Recently the app has been very latent when playing from my Synology media server and other streaming services.

Had to hard boot the Amp tonight as it was unreachable after days of it messing about. The app now regularly demonstrates a hitherto unwitnessed spinning circle, which isn’t right.

The amp is cat 6 wired as too the sub, Play 5 on wifi, a well serviced MESH system.

Recently changed my media server, only to realise SONOS only support SMB 1, which is no good, so reenabled that protocol to get home streaming working.

It only the past few months I have noticed the degradation in service. Been using SONOS products for 10 years without issue.

Anyone experiencing the same or is it just me?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all sounds extremely complicated...mine just work off the internet at home and I've never had an issue since the day I set them up.

never had a problem.

Most issues are down to WiFi problems. My daughter's gaff is massive, running a BT mesh system but it's always falling over and BT are out to it every fortnight.
    I know she couldn't run Sonos because her Alexa products keep dropping the signal.
    Try a different channel on your router.

I’ll give the network a reboot tomorrow and see if that makes any difference.

Most likely to be a local issue I guess, but getting a decent WiFi throughput.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I have a bizarre issue since upgrading my PC to Win10... the hardware works as it should but inexplicably, the app reports all inputs as 'Dolby Digital 5.1' regardless of the source material. That or 'no signal'.
    Previously [Win7] the app would identify "Silence", "PCM Stereo", "Dolby Digital 2.0" or "Dolby Digital 5.1"

Online support hadn't a clue
    Personally, I think it's a quirk of the audio chip driver.
    But it's odd.

Otherwise very happy with my Sonos

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post

Recently the app has been very latent when playing from my Synology media server and other streaming services.

Had to hard boot the Amp tonight as it was unreachable after days of it messing about. The app now regularly demonstrates a hitherto unwitnessed spinning circle, which isn’t right.
    Contact Sonos support. They will have you send over a diagnostic report, and can usually guide you quickly to a remedy. This is something they are very good at, won't cost you a dime.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm3 View Post
    Contact Sonos support. They will have you send over a diagnostic report, and can usually guide you quickly to a remedy. This is something they are very good at, won't cost you a dime.
    This.

I reboot mine once or twice a year at most due to connectivity issues.

Craftsman
    Mine went dicky two weeks ago. App stated " update system" which I did, only to find the playbar would not update, error code 1101 ?

The playbar was then not recognised in the system, which left my 2 Play3`s defunct as surround speakers. I tried Sonos support by phone, they explaine that having a wifi router, plus a mesh wifi extender puts 2 signals in the house and confuses the Sonos. I was advised to leave the router switched on but turn off the wifi settings, thus leaving the mesh extender system as the only wifi signal. I explained to Sonos support that I didn`t understand how to facilitate this so they suggested downloading "Google wifi" app. I did this whilst still on to Sonos support, set up an account, followed Sonos support directions but all to no avail. Sonos then said I needed to change my broadband provider, or buy a new Playbar.

I left the system unplugged for a week then when the house was empty i started afresh, logged in to Sonos account, removed all speakers, then reconnected them via ethernet cable. Configured the system, set up wifi connection, hey ho all speakers back up & running.

However, the app now states I need to update the system and retune by "Trueplay", tried both of these and it will not retune or update.

I`m leaving it for now as the system is working but I will contact Sonos support soon to try the Diagnostics route, fingers crossed.