closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best outdoor app for Apple Watch?

Best outdoor app for Apple Watch?

Just getting to grips with my new SE Apple Watch and so far I really like it! One of the reasons for buying it was to use it for hiking and general outdoor activities, and hopefully replace my Suunto watches. Can anyone recommend a good app that displays lots of customisable data on one screen?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Not sure about customisable data, but I use Strava for cycling and walking/running. I also use the default Apple Workouts app too. Through the Apple Heath app, their data feed is some what customisable.

Workouts has a hiking preset. For running I use the Adidas app.

Master
    All Trails is decent for navigation.

Master
    I use view ranger on mine, good maps available & you can download routes to the watch from the app that others have done.

I’m a regular user of Komoot, Zones and Strava. Unfortunately Komoot and Strava don’t play well together.

Craftsman
    Speaking of apple watches. Does anyone wear both an Apple Watch and mechanical watch at same time?

SydR
    No though I always wear a Fitbit on the opposite wrist to my watch, even though that is sometimes an Apple Watch.

Craftsman
    I’d love a good smart band that would work well with iOS. Something like the Fitbit wristband but with much better battery

Journeyman
    I prefer Strava, although it does seem to play up from time to time. The Apple workouts app is a good backup and you can import your workouts to Strava from that if you want to keep track of them

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
    Speaking of apple watches. Does anyone wear both an Apple Watch and mechanical watch at same time?
    When I travelled to the office, yes. Got the odd strange look but wanted a mechanical watch on my wrist.

Used to do it with a small fitbit tracker but prefer the functionality of the Apple option.

Quote Originally Posted by micks_address View Post
    I do all the time, I’m not keen on the Apple Watch for telling the time, and have got used to the depth of the notifications I get from it, and the cellular functionality. so unless the Apple Watch is charging, I wear both. I had intended to get a garmin to replace the Apple Watch and the mechanical watch, but I knew I’d miss the Apple Watch too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I use view ranger on mine, good maps available & you can download routes to the watch from the app that others have done.

I’ve always used ViewRanger on my phone so will give it a try on the watch and see how it goes.

Thanks