closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2020 ins & outs

2020 ins & outs

As is tradition, here are my horological ins & outs of the year

These all left the fold

The first 2 were watches I weren't wearing all that much

The BLNR went as part of a trade for a RG Yacht Master & the Speedie & Aquatimer were sold to help towards "balancing the books"

and these joined

I've had several U1's but this is by far my favourite. I bought it new via Chrono24 with the bracelet too, but I like it on the rubber so much I've never even fitted the bracelet.

I have an original DS PH200, but these re-issues are just cracking value for money

I'm not generally a gold watch person at all, but there is something about these & I've wanted one since having a good look at one on a GTG not long after they were released. Yes it "cost me" 3 nice pieces, but I'm still chuffed to have it.

So in summary, a comparatively quiet year on the watch front by my usual standards.

Let's see yours.
    Last edited by andy tims; 31st December 2020 at 16:18.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Could you do a "2020 ins and outs" for your cars as well, Andy?

Struggling to keep up here!

All the best, and a Happy New Year!
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Been a pretty busy year for me! I’ve cleared out a bunch of Seikos and mods to make room for a grail of mine, also kept a few mods back for myself.

Orange Monster - Lovely watch that I’ve had for a long time, just got bored of it. Sold it on for a decent profit.

SKX007 - Planned to mod this one, and picked it up cheap. Managed to flip if for a decent profit after wearing for a few months.

SKX031 - Bought this cheap as it was very rough. With some work I built it into a Seiko style Kermit. Was a little small for even my wrists so this was moved on.

Custom build - A Bliger case and some Seiko parts, I really liked this one. But someone offered me a great price so moved it on.

Grey Dawn Samurai - Had a real love hate relationship with this. In the end it had to go, the hour hand is so short it drove me mad every time I looked at.

Ins were another pair of custom builds. One in a vintage style and one I call the Polar Sub. Finally the biggest acquisition, a Heuer 510.503 with Day and Date. Hunted one down for 5 years and found this one, a cheeky eBay bid later and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Could you do a "2020 ins and outs" for your cars as well, Andy?

Struggling to keep up here!

All the best, and a Happy New Year!
    As requested

Out

and in

Happy New Year to you too.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    I’ve had a few incomings in 2020.
    I bought several G shocks, sold some but kept these 2.
    The Seamaster wasn’t around for long even though I really liked it.
    The Speedmaster is currently with Simon Freese, something I’ve had for a while but was missing half its movement, I’m including it as it’s a complete watch again!
    The others are keepers for now.

Craftsman

Out

1. Seiko Samurai dawn grey

2. Seiko Sumo gen1 black

3. Seiko padi Turtle

4. Seiko Monster gen4 S.T.O

In

1.Sinn U1

2.Hamilton Murph

Craftsman

Outs
    Hamilton Khaki Mechanical.

Smith's Military PRS29a

Smith's Everest PRS25

Baltic Aquascaphe

Serica WWW WMB edition

Ins
    Lorier Falcon 2 blue dial

Smith's Navigator PRS48 black dial.

Timor Heritage Field watch, hand wound version.

Another year of madness despite the attempts to cut back on these things. At the turn of the year had a fairly impressive collection of Seiko Alpinists and then suddenly one day thought sod this and proceeded to sell the lot.

Used the money to buy a SD 16600 in stunning condition, but that went in trade with cash in order to get my old 5512 back, which then got traded for a 1675 and some cash to me. Bought a brand new Blue dial Blancpain Fifty Fathoms in titanium and sold it, Bought an Omega 165.024 Big Triangle and ended up doing a trade deal involving both the 1675 and the 165.024 for a Zenith Daytona - which I still have

Many small pieces have come and gone, a couple of those full metal G-Shocks, several Borealis watches, three or four of Eddie's finest. A tritium Speedmaster, a Blue limited edition Seiko Marine Master, an Omega 165.024 rebuild also spring to mind as popping in to say hello whilst on their way to new owners.

That sort of brings me up to date, but I'm sure I've missed a few along the way. I start 2021 with only two watches, so nothing to sell which is great. This is the year all my crazy trading ends