closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yellow rubber/silicon strap wanted

Craftsman

Yellow rubber/silicon strap wanted

I've got a Hamilton Below Zero that I'd like a yellow rubber or silicon strap for. The lug width is 24mm and it is a hefty watch so the strap needs to be up to the job.

I've done a bit of searching here and there's loads on Amazon but would welcome an informed opinion.

The combination of my preferred colour and the lug width seems to be difficult to find. I don't really want to spend a fortune and would prefer a clasp fastener.

I've looked at Hirsch, Boreland, Cousins, Isofrane and Bonetto Cinturini amongst others.

Any ideas please folks?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    I've got a Hamilton Below Zero that I'd like a yellow rubber or silicon strap for. The lug width is 24mm and it is a hefty watch so the strap needs to be up to the job.

I've done a bit of searching here and there's loads on Amazon but would welcome an informed opinion.

The combination of my preferred colour and the lug width seems to be difficult to find. I don't really want to spend a fortune and would prefer a clasp fastener.

I've looked at Hirsch, Boreland, Cousins, Isofrane and Bonetto Cinturini amongst others.

Any ideas please folks?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Have you looked at Barton's. I believe their Elite Silicone strap in 24mm with quick release spring bars, and they have an array on colors.
    Last edited by kneadking; 30th December 2020 at 11:54.

Master
    These are excellent Bonetto Cinturini straps & Watchbandcenter is easily the cheapest place to purchase + have many colours / widths not available anywhere else.
    I have several of the straps & they can handle a hefty watch + can also be worn either textured side or smooth side out.
    You would not be disappointed.

https://www.watch-band-center.com/wa...Kiel-24mm.html

I would also purchase one of these to upgrade the clasp - again great quality / price & I have several.
    Take a few weeks to arrive, but work great on the above strap!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buckle-Hi....m46890.l49292

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Have you looked at Barton's. I believe their Elite Silicone strap in 24mm with quick release spring bars, and they have an array on colors.
    Second thumbs up for the Barton Elite silicon. I have one that I use on my new model Seamaster, and it looks spot on. Some sizes can be ordered from Amazon as well.

Craftsman

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post

Sadly they don't appear to do a yellow one.

Craftsman

Looks perfect..

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    These are excellent Bonetto Cinturini straps & Watchbandcenter is easily the cheapest place to purchase + have many colours / widths not available anywhere else.
    I have several of the straps & they can handle a hefty watch + can also be worn either textured side or smooth side out.
    You would not be disappointed.

https://www.watch-band-center.com/wa...Kiel-24mm.html

I would also purchase one of these to upgrade the clasp - again great quality / price & I have several.
    Take a few weeks to arrive, but work great on the above strap!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buckle-Hi....m46890.l49292

However they don't appear to be sending goods to the UK at present, from their website:-

'A T T E N T I O N: Due to the new transport restrictions because of coronavirus, we have unfortunatly been forced to discontinue shipping to the UK & IRELAND, effective immediately and until further notice.'

Master
    However they don't appear to be sending goods to the UK at present, from their website:-

'A T T E N T I O N: Due to the new transport restrictions because of coronavirus, we have unfortunatly been forced to discontinue shipping to the UK & IRELAND, effective immediately and until further notice.'
    Must be new German restrictions - I had an order delivered from them just before Christmas.

Sadly they don't appear to do a yellow one.
    Indeed. The closest you'll get is black outside with yellow inside. I have it on my DS30. The silicone elite is very good value.

Master

One wonders what C-virus restrictions would affect sending a bit of silicone and steel from Germany to the UK!!! I noticed that a French tyre company who sell to the UK are saying that they can't supply anything to the UK at the moment, but that's because of Brexit, rather the virus.

I was going to say that you should check WatchBandCenter.com, because if they don't do it, it may not exist! But its not an option it seems.

Its worth delving deeply into ebay actually - many of the silicone straps are actually made in China, and sometimes you can buy from the original manufacturer (or possibly Chinese reseller there), with a wide choice and really cheap. I was looking for a brown silicone bracelet with 3 fold clasp, which I found on ebay after failing in all other avenues. It was cheap and thoroughly decent quality.

I have the yellow version of this. Seems in all way identical to the ones sold at higher prices by Watch Gecko &c.

Also have the yellow version of this - for sure, a Marmite choice (even the colour scheme...), but I like it on my MWC Depthmaster -

Both are comfortable and well made IME, and both leave change from a £tenner.