closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko repair (London)

Seiko repair (London)

Hi All

I recently dropped my Seiko SKX009 and unfortunately the watch no longer winds. I can hear something rattling inside the watch (could it be the main rotor has come apart from the movement?) but other than that there is no damage to the watch. The crystal and bezel are fine, just internal damage. I must have dropped it about 30cm/11" from my wrist to my desk - it wasn't a major drop but I suppose it was forceful enough to break the movement.

Ideally I would like to drop the watch off at a recommend Seiko repair in London - could I ask please if anyone here has any recommendations for a contact/company in London to use?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

I deal direct with Seiko UK Ltd. Email them at service@seiko.co.uk and put the model number and serial number in the subject box. I've always had prompt and efficient service from them. They will let you know if they can't source any spare parts

Master
    ALSAL Watches, 226 Strand will be more than happy to have a look at the watch for you. I would highly recommend them.

Thanks both. I have reached out direct to Seiko and I will reach out to the recomendation on the Strand - I have walked past there so many times and never thought to pop in!

Could also be an opportunity to upgrade to a hackable/windable NH36 movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by automatik View Post
    Thanks both. I have reached out direct to Seiko and I will reach out to the recomendation on the Strand - I have walked past there so many times and never thought to pop in!

It's directly across from the RCJ.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Could also be an opportunity to upgrade to a hackable/windable NH36 movement?

Good point - I didn't think about that. Although I will need to do some research on what additional parts are required. From memory there are a few changes I'd have to make. Sadly the 7s26 movement is out of production and a quick search online suggests getting a whole brand new movement is not possible anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by automatik View Post
    Good point - I didn't think about that. Although I will need to do some research on what additional parts are required. From memory there are a few changes I'd have to make. Sadly the 7s26 movement is out of production and a quick search online suggests getting a whole brand new movement is not possible anymore.
    It’s only really the crown that you would have to change, the day/datewheels can be swapped. I’ve done a few. Feel free to ask or message me if you need more details?

Journeyman

Seiko address useful

I've got a vintage RAF gen 2 that will need a service at some point so that seiko email is good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by gubbins View Post
    I've got a vintage RAF gen 2 that will need a service at some point so that seiko email is good to know.
    I have just seen this post... sorry to be the bringer of bad news but Seiko do not support the Gen 1 or Gen 2s anymore - I found this out from them, much to my disappointment.
    I sourced a replacement movement and got my local watch maker to change it over when one of mine stoped working (I bought a spare just in case as well)
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 5th January 2021 at 11:32.