closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hi everyone!

Smile Hi everyone!

Hello everyone

I hope everyone is safe and well during these difficult times. Warmest greetings from a very cold winter's day from the South East of England!

I am new here, just joined today but I am a big fan of automatic watches. Well, affordable automatic watches, as I'm not able to spend the prices of an Omega, IWC, and Rolex watches, although I wish one day to buy a GMT Master... but I have a small collection I very much enjoy.

I really like the sweeping second hand and the feeling the watch is alive - I don't own any Quartz watches yet but I think I will try to get one for my collection.

I have:
    • Oris Aquis 43 Date (was a gift from my previous employer! Going to swap the bracelet for a custom leather strap once this arrives)
    • Seiko SKX007 on jubilee bracelet - this is probably my favourite watch to wear
    • Seiko SKX009 (sadly in need of a repair. I dropped the watch and sadly it no longer winds. I will be looking for a Seiko repair centre recommended on here shortly to send this in for a service)
    • Modded Seiko SNZH53 (sapphire crystal, blue coin bezel, new dial, new hands - found second hand online and I love it)
    • Invicta Pro Diver Sub with NH35A (purchased in the Times Square store whilst on holiday in 2017. Great value watch for the money I think)
    • Citizen Promaster NY2300 Black Bezel - still going strong after 10 years!
    • Incoming Glycine Combat Sub (can't wait! This is a real treat for me. I hope this is with me next week)
    • Incoming Wenger Atitude Automatic (got it reduced over Christmas - should be with me tomorrow. Another budget Swiss auto for my collection!)

I will try to add a photo of the modded Seiko for all to see.

Looking forward to being part of the TZ-UK community!

Welcome to the forum:) That's a lovely collection - would love to see what that modded Seiko looks like
    Last edited by tommyzzj; 29th December 2020 at 19:09.

Hi everyone!

Run..

If you don’t, welcome aboard!

But seriously, run..

Attachment 18631

Attached a photo of the modded Seiko!

Welcome aboard mate.

Which colour is your Oris Aquis?

A Green Aquis is on my list so hopefully I'll grab one at some point in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
    Welcome aboard mate.

Which colour is your Oris Aquis?

A Green Aquis is on my list so hopefully I'll grab one at some point in 2021.
    Mine is the standard black dial/black bezel with the metal bracelet. I got this one in 2015 and the watch is beautiful, I really recommend it. If I could, I would like to get the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Big Date on the green textile strap - I think that is my favourite watch at the moment. Bit pricey at £1,250 however.

I really like the green Aquis - if I didn't own the black version I would have got that too!

Welcome! Glad to have you on board and nice collection you have there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by automatik View Post
    Mine is the standard black dial/black bezel with the metal bracelet. I got this one in 2015 and the watch is beautiful, I really recommend it. If I could, I would like to get the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Big Date on the green textile strap - I think that is my favourite watch at the moment. Bit pricey at £1,250 however.

I really like the green Aquis - if I didn't own the black version I would have got that too!
    Yes, it's a lovely watch.

I've tried it on several times and I was so very close to getting the Hangang Limited Edition very recently but having already bought three watches in as many weeks, common sense prevailed and it will need to wait a little longer.

Master
    You sound well on your way to being hooked with your current collection so no point in warning you, welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    You sound well on your way to being hooked with your current collection so no point in warning you, welcome aboard.
    Already hooked - took a bit of a break from buying new pieces but in the space of a month already bought two more! If I had a fatter wallet, I'd have a new watch every month ha!

Forgot to mention I also have an Apple watch which I used as my daily driver for about 9 months but I have fallen back in love with real automatic watches now. I don't wear the Apple watch on the other wrist FWIW! Only when in the gym... when that was allowed...

Craftsman
    Hello and welcome. Very nice sotc you have already!!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Welcome. Nice collection

Welcome, that’s a nice collection you have.

Welcome and a nice variety of watches you have there.

Your next task is it get to grips with posting images

Hello there; nice collection. The Glycine Sub will be a great addition.

Fire up a few photos when you figure out the posting thing.

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your posts in new arrivals!