closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Warranty - 5 Years.......and 3 weeks.

Rolex Warranty - 5 Years.......and 3 weeks.

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone had any experience in a similar issue and if so where I stand with Rolex.

I have noticed that on my wife’s new datejust there is a very small mark on the dial and would you believe it the 5 year warranty expired 3 weeks ago - doh!

The watch was bought as new old stock a few months ago from an independent dealer and gifted to her yesterday.

Would this be something Rolex would cover? Now, I get that if the issue was mechanical then I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on with the expired warranty (and I would accept that) but this small mark on the dial must have been there since it was assembled by Rolex as the watch has never been opened. Would Rolex accept this or no?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Happy Xmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends... But I had similar experiences with my cars and always they covered at least part costs.

If, and that’s a big if, Rolex don’t cover what could well be a defect, is there no dealer warranty if bought recently?
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I would go back and speak to the dealer watch was purchased from and see what they can offer as a solution.

I have emailed my local AD to see if they can assist. Fingers crossed. It will be a bit of a kick in the you know what if Rolex choose to hang me out to dry in this instance. Fingers crossed.

Your follow up should be with the dealer you bought it from, not rolex IMO.
    It’s out of warranty and wasn’t noted in the preceding 5 years and two weeks... it’s hardly ‘hanging you out to dry’.

Quote Originally Posted by darko View Post
    Your follow up should be with the dealer you bought it from, not rolex IMO.
    It’s out of warranty and wasn’t noted in the preceding 5 years and two weeks... it’s hardly ‘hanging you out to dry’.
    True, very true.

I had an issue with my wife’s Rolex just out of warranty a few years back and took it in to St James. There was a knocking coming from the movement plus I also noticed some discolouration at the centre of the dial (it was a starburst pink but the centre had gone almost into a blotch from memory). Rolex repaired the movement and replaced the dial free of charge.

Master
    I’ve found Rolex to be very good. My mums 2009 Daytona was serviced in about 2016 mostly due to it being worn like a bracelet and bashed around. Last year it just suddenly stopped working. I took it in to RSC st James square for a service to get fixed and even though it was obviously not in the best condition, and well out of the service warranty period they said they would fix for free. 2 weeks later got the watch back working like new. Great service.

Blog Entries
    If it’s defective I think you’ll find you have rights to have it repaired or replaced for up to 6 years of purchase in the UK.

Thank you for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Thank you for the comments.

Just to add, best of luck with whichever approach you take and keep us posted on the outcome

Just out of interest how come you noticed it yesterday and not when you bought it as I would of thought you would of been checking it over more thoroughly when you bought it than when you where gifting it.

Quote Originally Posted by darko View Post
    Just to add, best of luck with whichever approach you take and keep us posted on the outcome
    Thank you. And yes I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Just out of interest how come you noticed it yesterday and not when you bought it as I would of thought you would of been checking it over more thoroughly when you bought it than when you where gifting it.
    Eagle eyed wife

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Eagle eyed wife

ha ha so true :)

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    If it’s defective I think you’ll find you have rights to have it repaired or replaced for up to 6 years of purchase in the UK.
    That would be against the independent dealer he bought it from. There is no contract between the OP and Rolex themselves.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    That would be against the independent dealer he bought it from. There is no contract between the OP and Rolex themselves.
    . Yes indeed - OP would need to go back to the dealer that sold him the watch.

However - Rolex are usually pretty good about such things if it was taken to RSJames with an explanation.