closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 184

Thread: Arcteryx discount?

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Ok cheers
    Go to any product page under 'materials & care' you get the video (for eg https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/mens/beta-ar-jacket )

    For the wash, I use Arc'teryx's own Gore detergent (gore-tex detergent is much milder). Couldn't find that on their site, but Grangers are also good https://grangers.co.uk/collections/waterproofs

    Their 'performance wash' is what you'll need. And if your shell is not beading that well anymore, the DWR needs reproofing. So apply something like the 'performance repel plus' spray when you've finished your wash.

  2. #52
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London / Madeira
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Either of you tried to revised Covert from last year? They trimmed it down - I tried the 3/4 zip version and it was a rather strange/ tight fit including shoulder and arms. Not tried the hoody but been thinking of getting another.

    A few of their casual pieces have a weird fit now. Iíve always got a small (borderline between medium in chest shoulders but the cut through the body suits me in small) and recently tried the Seaton jacket and had same issue - comically small on me in small and the medium was far too big.

    Iíve always liked the Arcíteryx athletic fit - even small has long arms which is great. I really hope itís not changing across the range.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It sounds like we are quite similar as I am also borderline S/M. They have released quite a few new named garments this year - as if they are moving away from the SV/AR/LT/SL model - and it makes things more of a gamble.


    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Jup the Pro does make a lot of noise. The Fission probably has the same Gore as my Sawyer, much more pleasant to wear (and lighter).

    The SV is supposed to be the ultimate bomb proof Gore jacket, but the alpha line is more for alpine so the cut is a bit different.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My son has the Alpha and prefers it over the Beta cut - he is typically youthful with a very athletic build broad shouldered/slim torso, and for that build the Alpha is very good. The Beta is slightly more... ahem, middle aged :-) but still reasonably athletic. SV versions for heavier weight Gore denier and where abrasion resistance is paramount. I use mine (Beta SV) for all day all mountain skiing with a full pack where trees/rocks/etc are standard and the extra noise of heavyweight Pro fabric is not an issue. But in city use, I think the Beta AR version works better and is more than performant for the rigours of urban life.

    Alpha jacket is good when wearing a pack because it is far easier to reach the front pockets (cross-body style). The Beta is slightly more challenging because of how far back the pockets sit in relation to the body, and you can't use them cross-body.

  3. #53
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,063
    Iím rather a fan of Arcteryx and thinking about it I currently have:

    Alpha SV
    Beta LT
    Beta AR pants
    Thorium SV
    Cerium LT (maybe coming to an SC near you soon...)
    Cerium SL gilet
    Atom LT
    Nuclei FL
    Fission SL

    In the past Iíve had the:

    Atom AR
    Sidewinder SV
    Stinger Pants
    Macai
    Beta SL
    Procline Hybrid Hoody

    In answer to the OPs question, Iíve purchased at a discount from various places, Trekkitt are often good and Alpinetrek in Germany sometimes have good offers. Others have been purchased from various places.

    If anyone is wanting some advice about the above then let me know!
    Last edited by mmgg1988; 28th December 2020 at 19:30.

  4. #54
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    liverpool, uk
    Posts
    3,171
    Has anyone compared the proton to the atom jacket? I love my atom lt but Iíd really love a chest pocket itís the only negative I have about the jacket, in fact all jackets should have an outer chest pocket imo just for easy access to your mobile.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Iím rather a fan of Arcteryx and thinking about it I currently have:

    Alpha SV
    Beta LT
    Beta AR pants
    Thorium SV
    Cerium LT (maybe coming to an SC near you soon...)
    Cerium SL gilet
    Atom LT
    Nuclei FL
    Fission SL

    In the past Iíve had the:

    Atom AR
    Sidewinder SV
    Stinger Pants
    Macai
    Beta SL
    Procline Hybrid Hoody

    In answer to the OPs question, Iíve purchased at a discount from various places, Trekkitt are often good and Alpinetrek in Germany sometimes have good offers. Others have been purchased from various places.

    If anyone is wanting some advise about the above then let me know!
    Wow. That is a decent kit

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    Has anyone compared the proton to the atom jacket? I love my atom lt but Iíd really love a chest pocket itís the only negative I have about the jacket, in fact all jackets should have an outer chest pocket imo just for easy access to your mobile.
    Would a mobile fit in the front pocket?

    I believe the proton is much more breathable and possibly a different outer material. Iím not massively conversed, but many say the revised Atom LT closes a lot of the gap. So really depends on your output activity.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    liverpool, uk
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Would a mobile fit in the front pocket?

    I believe the proton is much more breathable and possibly a different outer material. Iím not massively conversed, but many say the revised Atom LT closes a lot of the gap. So really depends on your output activity.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíll pick one up next winter and see , the atom lt is the perfect jacket for most things aside from no chest pocket itís even bloody amazing as a layer under a belstaff lol

  8. #58
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    Has anyone compared the proton to the atom jacket? I love my atom lt but Iíd really love a chest pocket itís the only negative I have about the jacket, in fact all jackets should have an outer chest pocket imo just for easy access to your mobile.
    That's the one thing I have on my north face that I'll miss when the Atom AR comes.

    For the LT this comparison makes things even more confusing. https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/compare/2.../24007-phoenix

    There is a war and piece length comparison here if you're that interested to compare against what you currently have https://outdoorcrunch.com/proton-lt-vs-atom-lt/

  9. #59
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    liverpool, uk
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That's the one thing I have on my north face that I'll miss when the Atom AR comes.

    For the LT this comparison makes things even more confusing. https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/compare/2.../24007-phoenix

    There is a war and piece length comparison here if you're that interested to compare against what you currently have https://outdoorcrunch.com/proton-lt-vs-atom-lt/
    Yeah Iíve read that a couple of times lol sounds promising Iíd just be interested in a normal persons thoughts as well though , Iíve never had an AR but if itís remotely like the LT youíll love it next level comfort compared to anything else. Today I broke out the rab valiance waterproof down for snowball fights etc with the kids I really do have too many jackets lol

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That's the one thing I have on my north face that I'll miss when the Atom AR comes.

    For the LT this comparison makes things even more confusing. https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/compare/2.../24007-phoenix

    There is a war and piece length comparison here if you're that interested to compare against what you currently have https://outdoorcrunch.com/proton-lt-vs-atom-lt/
    Funnily I prefer the inner chest pocket over the outer pocket!

    Aaah the good old war of proton vs atom! As I mentioned above, it really depends on your output activity - Arc'teryx really do have everything for every activity. It's why things get expensive!!!

    I find the atom breathable enough and not sure most need something more unless you're doing some actual physical acitvity. And the revised Atom has a more abrasive outer material which negates the other Proton advantage. I also think the Atom LT has better colours!

    But really you can't go wrong with either - probably the Proton is the better jacket, so if you're really keen on the chest pocket, get the Proton!

    (edit to add, the obvious answer is to get both....)
    Last edited by crazyp; 28th December 2020 at 21:01.

  11. #61
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    (edit to add, the obvious answer is to get both....)
    Yep, Arcteryx/Patagonia/Rab jackets are a new rabbit hole for me to fall down and spend a chunk of money on! I've thought for a while North Face were going downhill and it doesn't help when every Police documentary you see on TV is full of thieves dressed head to toe in North Face.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Yep, Arcteryx/Patagonia/Rab jackets are a new rabbit hole for me to fall down and spend a chunk of money on! I've thought for a while North Face were going downhill and it doesn't help when every Police documentary you see on TV is full of thieves dressed head to toe in North Face.
    Yea, a shame because TNF have actually upped their quality some what recently. If you want the bonkers end of TNF, check out their black label - https://www.thenorthface.co.uk/blackseries.html

    Never had the nerve to buy anything, a bit rich for me! In the same vein, check out Arc'teryx Veilance....pricey, but not really my style.

    Never been a fan of Rab, friends have their jackets aren't as durable as they would have liked. Patagonia are good, but I've tended to always gravitate toward the Arc'teryx equivalent when looking at clothing, I just prefer their aesthetic.

  13. #63
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Yea, a shame because TNF have actually upped their quality some what recently. If you want the bonkers end of TNF, check out their black label - https://www.thenorthface.co.uk/blackseries.html

    Never had the nerve to buy anything, a bit rich for me! In the same vein, check out Arc'teryx Veilance....pricey, but not really my style.

    Never been a fan of Rab, friends have their jackets aren't as durable as they would have liked. Patagonia are good, but I've tended to always gravitate toward the Arc'teryx equivalent when looking at clothing, I just prefer their aesthetic.
    Wow that is TNF hypebeast section. I bet people pair those jackets with some stuff from Bape and Supreme. Way too trendy for me and seriously expensive.

    I've stayed away from Rab so far but did get a Patagonia zip up fleece (with an external chest pocket). Seems nice enough but for the extra 5% or so I think I'd rather just go all in on Arcteryx.

  14. #64
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    liverpool, uk
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Wow that is TNF hypebeast section. I bet people pair those jackets with some stuff from Bape and Supreme. Way too trendy for me and seriously expensive.

    I've stayed away from Rab so far but did get a Patagonia zip up fleece (with an external chest pocket). Seems nice enough but for the extra 5% or so I think I'd rather just go all in on Arcteryx.
    Rab was superb years ago then had a slip imo however itís got an awful lot better of late and the vailance jacket is quite possibly the most perfect uk winter weather jacket ever made a toss up between that and the fjallraven Yupik Parker for winter wear in this country.

  15. #65
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    Rab was superb years ago then had a slip imo however itís got an awful lot better of late and the vailance jacket is quite possibly the most perfect uk winter weather jacket ever made a toss up between that and the fjallraven Yupik Parker for winter wear in this country.
    All the warmest jackets seem to be puffer jackets. My wife says they don't flatter seals!

  16. #66
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    liverpool, uk
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    All the warmest jackets seem to be puffer jackets. My wife says they don't flatter seals!
    Lmao yeah sheís probably got a point warm and waterproof is all that matters to me lol

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Wow that is TNF hypebeast section. I bet people pair those jackets with some stuff from Bape and Supreme. Way too trendy for me and seriously expensive.

    I've stayed away from Rab so far but did get a Patagonia zip up fleece (with an external chest pocket). Seems nice enough but for the extra 5% or so I think I'd rather just go all in on Arcteryx.
    Proper crazy stuff the TNF - definitely in the BAPE and Supreme section of buyers who need the latest LE clothing!

    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    Rab was superb years ago then had a slip imo however itís got an awful lot better of late and the vailance jacket is quite possibly the most perfect uk winter weather jacket ever made a toss up between that and the fjallraven Yupik Parker for winter wear in this country.
    The Vailance does look like a proper warm jacket! How waterproof is the outer compared to a Gore tex?

  18. #68
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    liverpool, uk
    Posts
    3,171
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Proper crazy stuff the TNF - definitely in the BAPE and Supreme section of buyers who need the latest LE clothing!



    The Vailance does look like a proper warm jacket! How waterproof is the outer compared to a Gore tex?
    Up to now itís let nothing at all in but the worst itís seen is around an hour and half walking the dog in a proper downpour how it would endure over hours of sustained rain I canít comment but Iím certainly confident enough in it to wear walking the dog without worrying which is much more than can be said for any of my other down jackets .

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    Up to now itís let nothing at all in but the worst itís seen is around an hour and half walking the dog in a proper downpour how it would endure over hours of sustained rain I canít comment but Iím certainly confident enough in it to wear walking the dog without worrying which is much more than can be said for any of my other down jackets .
    Most Gore shells will slowly wet through over a couple of hours of serious downpour so thats a pretty good result!

  20. #70
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Does anyone have a Gamma MX? I don't know if I want the Atom AR and Atom LT in the same colour so was looking at maybe a Proton or the Gamma as a lightweight jacket/soft shell.

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Does anyone have a Gamma MX? I don't know if I want the Atom AR and Atom LT in the same colour so was looking at maybe a Proton or the Gamma as a lightweight jacket/soft shell.
    You have to get the LT in the 24k colour. Love that!

    On the Gamma - a lot of folk seem to like it, but never got the need for a soft shell as itís more a standalone piece than for layering . My scenario for using would be spring skiing or hiking. I guess could layer over the atom lt?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #72
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London / Madeira
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Does anyone have a Gamma MX? I don't know if I want the Atom AR and Atom LT in the same colour so was looking at maybe a Proton or the Gamma as a lightweight jacket/soft shell.
    I had one. Brilliant. But more 'cardigan' than 'insulated jacket' if you know what I mean. The Gamma MX one downside is that it is grippy on the inside. It doesn't slide over clothing like a puffer jacket will. It is not as insulative, and is a more technical and durable piece of outerwear. It will resist abrasion in the toughest conditions long after any Atom/Proton/Cerium has shredded itself. But on it's own, a great soft-shell and quality is indisputable.

  23. #73
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    You have to get the LT in the 24k colour. Love that!

    On the Gamma - a lot of folk seem to like it, but never got the need for a soft shell as itís more a standalone piece than for layering . My scenario for using would be spring skiing or hiking. I guess could layer over the atom lt?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    I had one. Brilliant. But more 'cardigan' than 'insulated jacket' if you know what I mean. The Gamma MX one downside is that it is grippy on the inside. It doesn't slide over clothing like a puffer jacket will. It is not as insulative, and is a more technical and durable piece of outerwear. It will resist abrasion in the toughest conditions long after any Atom/Proton/Cerium has shredded itself. But on it's own, a great soft-shell and quality is indisputable.
    Thanks guys. My wife has banned me from puffer jackets (I showed her the Thorium AR) and I have a North Face version of the Gamma which has been fantastic for years now which could do with an upgrade. Not great for layering but a very good standalone light-ish jacket. Think I'll take the 10% off and the £18 loyalty points I earned from the Atom AR and go for it.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thanks guys. My wife has banned me from puffer jackets (I showed her the Thorium AR) and I have a North Face version of the Gamma which has been fantastic for years now which could do with an upgrade. Not great for layering but a very good standalone light-ish jacket. Think I'll take the 10% off and the £18 loyalty points I earned from the Atom AR and go for it.
    If you have a need for it, then definitely worth getting - a lot of reviews say the Gamma LT is better in active use (and cheaper) but for 'civilian' life you may want the slightly heavier jacket. I would add - you will end up buying the Atom LT (or Proton) at some point, you cannot get away from how versatile a jacket it is.

  25. #75
    Get my atom lt and atom Ar today from Trekkit
    Iíll let you know what I think of them Iíll keep my favourite
    And send one back I think Weíll thatís the plan. Probably end up keeping both

  26. #76
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    If you have a need for it, then definitely worth getting - a lot of reviews say the Gamma LT is better in active use (and cheaper) but for 'civilian' life you may want the slightly heavier jacket. I would add - you will end up buying the Atom LT (or Proton) at some point, you cannot get away from how versatile a jacket it is.
    Think you're right. I'll end up with the Proton by default as then at least all three will at least look a bit different.

    I have to drop off a return to at some point today and like a sad person I'm waiting for Atom AR to be delivered first.

    "Your driver is currently making delivery number 68, you are delivery number 103."

  27. #77
    I've got a Proton FL and a Proton LT...the LT is a lovely midweight jacket with great breathability, big chest and handwarmer pockets...the FL has the same external fabric but a lighter mesh internal next to the skin liner...I equally love it..in fact I see the FL as more of a year round piece thanks to its versatility as a standalone or mid layer...really comfortable over a T shirt, fits me perfectly, nice unlined hood, 2 good sized chest pockets ad 2 hand warmer pockets...the fabric is really nice, again so breathable yet seems super tough...I;ve also had an MX and as said above its lovely but difficult to get on and off over a base layer because of the furry interior..I also found the arms were far too long and it was heavy..less of a year round softshell for me...as for the Atom's I;ve had those as well...really nice but I missed a chest pocket and wasn't so sure about the external fabric durability..however I understand they have upgraded the latest Atoms to make them more durable...for me the Proton line is superb..in fact I did my usual and bought a spare FL in the sales...oops

  28. #78
    Just got atom lt and Ar. Verdict ?
    Both fit me perfectly size m
    The Ar is quite a bit warmer than the lt
    But I really like the lt colour 24k black with gold
    Iíll keep both and try on later after work

  29. #79
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Well the Atom AR is warm. Deceptively warm. No wonder people get the LT too or the Proton. Went for a walk in a thin tshirt, a Patagonia zip up fleece and the Atom AR -- I had to take the Patagonia off and carry it home as I was sweating and it's 3?C outside.

    Looking forward to the Gamma MX tomorrow but no doubt an Atom LT or Proton LT will join shortly.

  30. #80
    Good to hear chaps! Certainly want to purchase an AR at some point myself - my 'heavier' insulated jacket is a bit light for this and i've been in my down jacket plus t-shirt and still a bit warm for that! But I have too much crap so need to curb myself!

  31. #81
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    6,011
    Picked up an Atom LT a few months ago from the outlet. My first Arcíteryx piece and I have to say itís astounding. Light as heck, plenty warm for every day use and wears really nice. Super impressed so far.

  32. #82
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Gamma MX came today. Really good jacket but more of a standalone, I get what people mean re difficulty layering. Better than I was expecting and will hold off on the Atom LT/Proton LT purchase as a result. Fits well but is quite a bit more fitted than the Atom AR. I was going to go down a size but happy I didn't now.

    Thank you all for the help and input and to the OP for starting the thread. My wallet is £450 lighter but I have two really good new jackets and no doubt I'll have another one or two by September.

  33. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Gamma MX came today. Really good jacket but more of a standalone, I get what people mean re difficulty layering. Better than I was expecting and will hold off on the Atom LT/Proton LT purchase as a result. Fits well but is quite a bit more fitted than the Atom AR. I was going to go down a size but happy I didn't now.

    Thank you all for the help and input and to the OP for starting the thread. My wallet is £450 lighter but I have two really good new jackets and no doubt I'll have another one or two by September.
    'Only' £450 light - not too bad for an Arc'teryx spending splash

    Will be interested in your thoughts of the MX over time and usage - as it looks a fab jacket, just no idea how i'd use it (I'm getting the Gamma LT next time i go skiing late season).

    Let's see how long you hold off till the Atom LT! If I find any discounts going on the dead bird, I'll post them up here. Almost time to see what they'll be releasing for next season.....

  34. #84
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    'Only' £450 light - not too bad for an Arc'teryx spending splash

    Will be interested in your thoughts of the MX over time and usage - as it looks a fab jacket, just no idea how i'd use it (I'm getting the Gamma LT next time i go skiing late season).

    Let's see how long you hold off till the Atom LT! If I find any discounts going on the dead bird, I'll post them up here. Almost time to see what they'll be releasing for next season.....
    Don't judge me on the room but this it is it next to the North Face jacket it will replace. The North Face is seriously good and if anything a bit too warm meaning I didn't wear it that much considering I bought it in about 2013/14. Reason being if it's cold enough to wear that I may as well wear a coat. North Face is an L and thicker. Gamma MX is an XL.

    £450 for two jackets from them isn't bad at all considering a winter coat/hard shell is £500-700.

  35. #85
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,063
    LD Mountain Centre in Newcastle has pretty much everything in the Arcteryx range at 20% off if anyone is looking to add to their collection

    https://www.ldmountaincentre.com/sal...x-m34/mens-t19

    I haven't got any affiliation with them but have been a satisfied customer in the past

    Usually some cashback to be had too...

  36. #86
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    813
    The outlet has the Atom LT at £126 with code WINTERSALE.
    I really, really donít need another jacket...

  37. #87
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Knew I should have ordered the Atom LT when I got the other two. The 10% off at Trekkit is ending on 1st Feb and they're not due to get more stock in until the end of Feb. Can't pre-order and the website in Newcastle someone linked earlier in the thread doesn't have the hoody version. Cotswold Outdoor don't seem to do the regular black just the 24k.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 20th January 2021 at 19:50.

  38. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post

    Will be interested in your thoughts of the MX over time and usage - as it looks a fab jacket, just no idea how i'd use it (I'm getting the Gamma LT next time i go skiing late season).
    The Gamma MX is an excellent jacket. I have the hoody version. I wear it as a single outer layer all year. With a T-shirt under in spring and autumn it is perfect. It was also kept me dry in showers here and there. I have also been known to layer up in the cold with a down gilet on top...itís a look! It also cuts out the wind which is often what makes it feel much colder. The hood coverage is fantastic and fits over a climbing helmet well.

    Donít forget that the cut is short so it doesnít cover your harness it is also slim fitting.

    A great all rounder IMO.

    I also have a ĎMade in Canadaí Theta ARí from a few years ago but that doesnít get as much wear.

  39. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Knew I should have ordered the Atom LT when I got the other two. The 10% off at Trekkit is ending on 1st Feb and they're not due to get more stock in until the end of Feb. Can't pre-order and the website in Newcastle someone linked earlier in the thread doesn't have the hoody version. Cotswold Outdoor don't seem to do the regular black just the 24k.
    Depending on the size and colour you're after you maybe able to pickup an Atom LT you like from the Arc outlet...https://outlet.arcteryx.com/gb/en/sh.../atom-lt-hoody

  40. #90
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Walsall
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    Depending on the size and colour you're after you maybe able to pickup an Atom LT you like from the Arc outlet...https://outlet.arcteryx.com/gb/en/sh.../atom-lt-hoody
    Are they any good?

    Iíve bought a Patagonia Hooded Down Sweat this year which Iím really pleased with but this could take some strain wear wise off that potentially.

  41. #91
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    Depending on the size and colour you're after you maybe able to pickup an Atom LT you like from the Arc outlet...https://outlet.arcteryx.com/gb/en/sh.../atom-lt-hoody
    Thanks I did take a look at the outlook site but prefer the newer version. Will wait for a restock and see how I get in re price. I should probably wear my Gamma MX a bit more instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    Are they any good?

    Iíve bought a Patagonia Hooded Down Sweat this year which Iím really pleased with but this could take some strain wear wise off that potentially.
    I bought this Patagonia fleece just before buying the Arcteryx Gamma MX and Atom AR. From what I can see Arcteryx is a much higher quality. Bought my mum the same Patagonia fleece for Christmas and she likes it but hers, like mine, is a bit tight on the arms and although I'm not my mum is very slim. Must just be how they're made.

    https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/pa...-A1724338.html

  42. #92
    Just as an FYI, the London Piccadilly store is open by phone and they have some jackets in that aren't showing as in stock elsewhere - worth a phone call.

    They also said that a large delivery of Arcteryx kit is stuck at customs somewhere which would explain why stock levels seem quite low everywhere.

    I think they're open 12-4pm 0207 287 7429. I don't work for them, just a satisfied customer.
    Last edited by Tidybeard; 21st January 2021 at 11:38.

  43. #93
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    4,529
    Iíve an LT hoodie and whilst great standing on a windy, cold platform, it is just too warm for me if Iím walking anywhere.

    Trying to find a breathable, warm but not too warm jacket for walking. Iím usually in a cotton long sleeved t shirt and my Squamish and Iím plenty warm, but isnít breathable.

    Any ideas from those who have more experience here?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #94
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Berks
    Posts
    1,757

  45. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Iíve an LT hoodie and whilst great standing on a windy, cold platform, it is just too warm for me if Iím walking anywhere.

    Trying to find a breathable, warm but not too warm jacket for walking. Iím usually in a cotton long sleeved t shirt and my Squamish and Iím plenty warm, but isnít breathable.

    Any ideas from those who have more experience here?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Atom LT is great but the face fabric isn't very breathable and I overheat in mine when moving if I'm not careful (good at shielding from the wind though).

    I'm a big fan of Arcteryx and their shells in particular are miles ahead of everyone else IMO but I've largely replaced my Atom LT with a Patagonia Nano Air hoody which does exactly as you describe. It's warm but not too warm and very breathable. I've been walking in it recently anywhere from 0-8C with a merino base layer underneath (you might benefit from a more "technical" base layer than cotton for warmth and breathability) and it's perfect. Never feel cold or sweaty - even the hood is snug.

    I believe that the Arc Proton LT is somewhere in the middle - a bit more breathable than the Atom but a bit warmer than the Nano Air. I haven't owned one though so couldn't say for sure. I'm happy with the Nano for this purpose and I like Patagonia as a company too. Champagne problems really...

  46. #96
    I've got a Proton FL and a Proton LT..both with the newer more breathable (and allegedly durable) face fabrics...love them both..the FL especially...a brilliant all year round jacket

  47. #97
    Grand Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    11,447
    Anyone got the Atom SL if the LT still gets a bit warm? When I go for evening walks of 4-5 miles in a t-shirt and the Atom AR I come home sweating and change t-shirt immediately. Considering the SL to go with the Gamma MX.

  48. #98
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    4,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard View Post
    The Atom LT is great but the face fabric isn't very breathable and I overheat in mine when moving if I'm not careful (good at shielding from the wind though).

    I'm a big fan of Arcteryx and their shells in particular are miles ahead of everyone else IMO but I've largely replaced my Atom LT with a Patagonia Nano Air hoody which does exactly as you describe. It's warm but not too warm and very breathable. I've been walking in it recently anywhere from 0-8C with a merino base layer underneath (you might benefit from a more "technical" base layer than cotton for warmth and breathability) and it's perfect. Never feel cold or sweaty - even the hood is snug.

    I believe that the Arc Proton LT is somewhere in the middle - a bit more breathable than the Atom but a bit warmer than the Nano Air. I haven't owned one though so couldn't say for sure. I'm happy with the Nano for this purpose and I like Patagonia as a company too. Champagne problems really...
    Thank you for that, I will have a look at the recommendations, also a technical base layer is a great shout.

    I need to also find some good trousers, whilst Iím overheated up top my thighs down are always cold it seems!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  49. #99
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Walsall
    Posts
    323
    https://www.outsidersstore.com/arc-t...-jacket-233396

    Looking for this in the navy at the same price? Need a size L, does anyone do price match?

  50. #100

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information