Decent discount
    Anyone know of anywhere ?
    Cheers

Master
    Trekit usually have a sale

sportpursuit often run arc’teryx stuff
    Worth a look

Craftsman
    One of the only brands you struggle to see at knock down prices these days.

I'm a bit of a dead bird fan, so always on the look out for discount codes. None going that I'm aware of at the moment unfortunately. Trekkit and the likes are ok if you're not fussy about colours as they usually have a limited selection.

I have the old atom lt, such a versatile jacket and the revision only makes it better! Good luck code hunting...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I'm a bit of a dead bird fan, so always on the look out for discount codes. None going that I'm aware of at the moment unfortunately. Trekkit and the likes are ok if you're not fussy about colours as they usually have a limited selection.

I have the old atom lt, such a versatile jacket and the revision only makes it better! Good luck code hunting...
    Trekit had a 10% off code yesterday

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    sportpursuit often run arc’teryx stuff
    Worth a look
    Yes, Sportspursuit often run 25-30per cent discount promos on Arcteryx, but possibly because of COVID, supply may be restricted this year, so maybe not happening this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bootneck View Post
    Trekit had a 10% off code yesterday
    Jup and the OP wants 20% that tends to crop up ;) - as i said, usually less colour/size options with trekitt, but with such a popular jacket, I guess most should be available.

Master
    Peggs and Son has a few bits with 20% off.
    Excellent little shop with first rate customer service too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Yes, Sportspursuit often run 25-30per cent discount promos on Arcteryx, but possibly because of COVID, supply may be restricted this year, so maybe not happening this year.
    SportPursuit only sell factory samples, not regular production

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    SportPursuit only sell factory samples, not regular production
    I didn't know this until I bought my first Arc’teryx coat from there. The label is clearly stamped 'SAMPLE', but there was no mention on the listing.

It's still a great coat and cost me about £200 less than it should have done so I'm happy.

Cheers all.
    The 20% offer last month was with ld mountain
    I had a really nice coat and a kyanite hoody. Both recommended

<irrational prejudice>
    A brand I will never wear simply because someone I know insists on calling them Ay-Ser-Ter-Ix.
    </irrational prejudice>

Ordered with trekkit. 10% off.
    Cheers

Master
    You could try the Arcteryx outlet.
    https://outlet.arcteryx.com/gb/en/c/mens/just-added

Master
    If there’s anything left then add WINTERSALE for an extra 10% off.
    Not much left but just added 2 insulated jackets for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Loupe View Post
    You could try the Arcteryx outlet.
    https://outlet.arcteryx.com/gb/en/c/mens/just-added
    Sure this isn’t a fake site ?

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Sure this isn’t a fake site ?
    Real but f all on there. Slim pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Real but f all on there. Slim pickings.
    On the Arc’teryx.com original site they are £220
    I’d be very wary tbh mate.
    I’ve used the Arc’teryx.com and they are legit

https://postimg.cc/1fPfz6rb
    £220 on the arcteryx site

On the Arc’teryx.com original site they are £220
    I’d be very wary tbh mate.
    I’ve used the Arc’teryx.com and they are legit
    It's the official outlet and is hosted on arcteryx.com so is legit but 90% of the stuff is out of stock or only available in awful colours with most sizes long gone. There's a jacket on there for £160 in diarrhoea green but the same one in black one is £260. I want the black but knowing the green is £100 less is annoying.

It's the official outlet and is hosted on arcteryx.com so is legit but 90% of the stuff is out of stock or only available in awful colours with most sizes long gone. There's a jacket on there for £160 in diarrhoea green but the same one in black one is £260. I want the black but knowing the green is £100 less is annoying.
    Ah right ok.cheers mate

The link to the outlet is right at the top in the middle.

I’ve just ordered this one off trekkit
    https://postimg.cc/47693TmT

Master
    Epicentre also doing some deals but again not much left.

Only £30 between the Atom LT and Atom AR. Surely the AR would be better for the extra £30? Both 2020 models.

Master
    Only £30 between the Atom LT and Atom AR. Surely the AR would be better for the extra £30? Both 2020 models.
    I have both. And wear both in different ways. The LT is definitely not as warm as the AR, but it is far better at venting. I use the LT with a shell when skiing, or solo during spring/autumn, but I use the AR either on its own when cooler or as a midlayer when my aerobic output is low (eg, under my bike jacket). For cold and on its own, I use the Thorium AR, or if really cold - the Thorium as a midlayer with shell.

I have both. And wear both in different ways. The LT is definitely not as warm as the AR, but it is far better at venting. I use the LT with a shell when skiing, or solo during spring/autumn, but I use the AR either on its own when cooler or as a midlayer when my aerobic output is low (eg, under my bike jacket). For cold and on its own, I use the Thorium AR, or if really cold - the Thorium as a midlayer with shell.
    Thanks for that, really useful. I ordered the AR based on the above. I was thinking about the Thorium AR but I handed down a very similar looking North Face jacket to someone a few weeks ago and my wife would kill me.

Master
    I wonder if the AR has gone into the range to replace the Atom SV that they dropped a couple of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks for that, really useful. I ordered the AR based on the above. I was thinking about the Thorium AR but I handed down a very similar looking North Face jacket to someone a few weeks ago and my wife would kill me.
    :thumbup:

Master

Arcteryx discount?

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    I wonder if the AR has gone into the range to replace the Atom SV that they dropped a couple of years ago.

The AR has been around for a while - but I have noticed that Arc are slowly dropping Atom variants from the range. Just bought Mrs Spareparts a revised ladies LT as it is the only remaining Atom for ladies, whereas in previous years they also had the ladies AR.

https://postimg.cc/1fPfz6rb
    £220 on the arcteryx site
    Also note - the outlet site is the older version, not the one released this year. The updates on fabric and cut are worth going for the newer Atom LT/AR.

I'd also add the AR has a more box cut and just not as versatile. Probably good on a day like today however when walking around. In general I find the synthetic materials to be much better for our humid climate, I only have down on my really thick jacket - but honestly that only gets worn with like -3 and below.

This thread costing me a fortune. Lol
    Ordered the atom ar also

Ordered the atom ar also
    Haha I just read today's contributions and thought hmm I wonder if I should have ordered the other or both. I'll try pace myself and look at the LT around Spring.

Haha I just read today's contributions and thought hmm I wonder if I should have ordered the other or both. I'll try pace myself and look at the LT around Spring.
    IIRC, the AR has double the insulation of the LT. LT is definitely more versatile over Spring time so unless you plan on layering with the LT now, might as well wait!

Master

Arcteryx discount?

IIRC, the AR has double the insulation of the LT. LT is definitely more versatile over Spring time so unless you plan on layering with the LT now, might as well wait!
    The LT’s side torso panels are an air permeable stretch fabric which is why a) it feels less boxy compared to the AR, and b) has less overall insulation - although the insulation on the front/back panels and arms are very similar to the AR.

For anything more aerobic than just casual walking, the AR _can_ feel humid as it has no venting other than the main zip. For 90% of typical urban use, this is a non-issue in cool conditions. For uses where anything sporting is involved (or people perspire easily), the LT is a better option. It is also less bulky and layers more easily - useful for travel when I also bring a shell.

So many options!

Master
    Ordered the atom ar also
    It’s ok if as long as you realise your addiction. Mine started with a covert fleece and ended up with Alpha SV with loads of bits along the way, it’s all really good kit. The phase Sv was the only base layer I wore in the cold for years.

If the code was for 20% I think I'd suck it up and get the LT too but for £22 I'll see how I get on with the AR first. I'm not really one for layering or physical exertion so should be fine hopefully.

Their balaclava looks good for Covid!

https://www.arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/motus-balaclava

The LT’s side torso panels are an air permeable stretch fabric which is why a) it feels less boxy compared to the AR, and b) has less overall insulation - although the insulation on the front/back panels and arms are very similar to the AR.

For anything more aerobic than just casual walking, the AR _can_ feel humid as it has no venting other than the main zip. For 90% of typical urban use, this is a non-issue in cool conditions. For uses where anything sporting is involved (or people perspire easily), the LT is a better option. It is also less bulky and layers more easily - useful for travel when I also bring a shell.

So many options!
    There is a difference in cut - the LT is trim whereas the AR is regular. I think the revised AR is more breathable - panels under the arms, but yes definitely far less versatile than the LT which is also my most used piece of gear. I’d like to buy an AR out of curiosity but doubt I’d wear it much other than days like today (and even then my Arc’teryx Covert Hoody and a jacket is plenty).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a difference in cut - the LT is trim whereas the AR is regular. I think the revised AR is more breathable - panels under the arms, but yes definitely far less versatile than the LT which is also my most used piece of gear. I’d like to buy an AR out of curiosity but doubt I’d wear it much other than days like today (and even then my Arc’teryx Covert Hoody and a jacket is plenty).

I have the covert. Nice bit of kit. Very warm
    Also got the beta ar and the fission goretex insulated jacket last month.
    My son has somehow aquired it. He loves it. So warm and totally waterproof

Master
    I agree on the Covert - it was the goto cardy / gilet when battling the A/C in the office!
    Beta AR is superb, but I prefer the length of the Beta SV (which is nicely updated this year with the Napoleon pocket).
    For the skiers/backcountry folks here - the old Stinger pants are sadly no longer made, but I can confirm that the new Rush pants are their defacto replacement - virtually identical in cut, although fractionally (and really fractionally) more trim across the hips. Hope to use them this season on the slopes if CV lets us out...

Not need the beta ar, yet. I see that as a real technical piece, so whenever the occasion/excuse arises to get one, I’ll buy one. For in city use, I have the Sawyer shell - does the job really well.

I do like the Fission - just don’t have a reason to buy it. Lol. How’s the Gore on it? I think it’s a similar Gore to my Sawyer - not a Pro, but still does a good job?

Not need the beta ar, yet. I see that as a real technical piece, so whenever the occasion/excuse arises to get one, I’ll buy one. For in city use, I have the Sawyer shell - does the job really well.

I do like the Fission - just don’t have a reason to buy it. Lol. How’s the Gore on it? I think it’s a similar Gore to my Sawyer - not a Pro, but still does a good job?

Yes mate. The beta ar has the pro gore which is bomb proof. But it rustles (my son says ) and crunches when you wear it.
    The fission is gore but nicer to wear if you know what I mean. Probably not as water proof as the pro gore but should do the job
    There must be a water proof rating somewhere of the diff gore fabrics

Either of you tried to revised Covert from last year? They trimmed it down - I tried the 3/4 zip version and it was a rather strange/ tight fit including shoulder and arms. Not tried the hoody but been thinking of getting another.

A few of their casual pieces have a weird fit now. I’ve always got a small (borderline between medium in chest shoulders but the cut through the body suits me in small) and recently tried the Seaton jacket and had same issue - comically small on me in small and the medium was far too big.

I’ve always liked the Arc’teryx athletic fit - even small has long arms which is great. I really hope it’s not changing across the range.

I agree on the Covert - it was the goto cardy / gilet when battling the A/C in the office!
    Beta AR is superb, but I prefer the length of the Beta SV (which is nicely updated this year with the Napoleon pocket).
    For the skiers/backcountry folks here - the old Stinger pants are sadly no longer made, but I can confirm that the new Rush pants are their defacto replacement - virtually identical in cut, although fractionally (and really fractionally) more trim across the hips. Hope to use them this season on the slopes if CV lets us out...
    Is the alpha Sv the top jacket in the range ?

Arcteryx discount?

Yes mate. The beta ar has the pro gore which is bomb proof. But it rustles (my son says ) and crunches when you wear it.
    The fission is gore but nicer to wear if you know what I mean. Probably not as water proof as the pro gore but should do the job
    There must be a water proof rating somewhere of the diff gore fabrics
    Jup the Pro does make a lot of noise. The Fission probably has the same Gore as my Sawyer, much more pleasant to wear (and lighter).

The SV is supposed to be the ultimate bomb proof Gore jacket, but the alpha line is more for alpine so the cut is a bit different.

Had my beta ar 2 yrs now and never washed it apart from a damp cloth here n there
    Can it be just put in the washing machine on a standard 40 degree wash with everything Else ?

...Can it be just put in the washing machine on a standard 40 degree wash with everything Else ?
    ______

​Jim.

Had my beta ar 2 yrs now and never washed it apart from a damp cloth here n there
    Can it be just put in the washing machine on a standard 40 degree wash with everything Else ?
    Gore needs to be washed regularly - I am for twice a year or if it has been used a lot over a short period.

You need a proper gore wash too - have a look on the arcteryx site for how to. Don’t worry about not having a dryer - not as critical for gore as it is for down. Line dry and use a hairdryer to re-engage DWR.

Gore needs to be washed regularly - I am for twice a year or if it has been used a lot over a short period.

You need a proper gore wash too - have a look on the arcteryx site for how to. Don’t worry about not having a dryer - not as critical for gore as it is for down. Line dry and use a hairdryer to re-engage DWR.

Ok cheers