closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arcteryx discount?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Thanks mate - didn’t look past my nose!

Proton LT just came in the post. This is a fair bit trimmer than the Atom AR which is a bit loose on me even though they're both the same size.

I think the Proton LT will probably be the most worn.

Resurrecting this thread as I’ve just bought a Gamma MX and an Atom SL to try (and the Nodin jacket for the wife to run in) from the arc’teryx outlet. I’m after a lightweight summer jacket for walking in the British climate that offers a degree of weather protection in our inclement climate. Looking forward to trying both although think I’m favouring the Atom SL as more in line with what I’m looking for and may return the Gamma MX.

Currently rocking the Cerium LT and a recco equipped gore-tex ski shell (Cassiar maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Anyone got the Atom SL if the LT still gets a bit warm? When I go for evening walks of 4-5 miles in a t-shirt and the Atom AR I come home sweating and change t-shirt immediately. Considering the SL to go with the Gamma MX.
    I have an old SL (from 2016 IIRC) And the new SL is just out. My old one is used a lot in summer and I really like it. In conjunction with the MX I think you have a cracking combo. The new SL also have a better fabric face so should wear better and probably better against the wind, mine cut through a bit. Damn pricy though at £180 - one for the sales......

Proton LT just came in the post. This is a fair bit trimmer than the Atom AR which is a bit loose on me even though they're both the same size.

I think the Proton LT will probably be the most worn.
    Yea the AR cut is a bit boxy, hence why the Proton and Atom LTs are liked more and used more with layering.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Resurrecting this thread as I’ve just bought a Gamma MX and an Atom SL to try (and the Nodin jacket for the wife to run in) from the arc’teryx outlet. I’m after a lightweight summer jacket for walking in the British climate that offers a degree of weather protection in our inclement climate. Looking forward to trying both although think I’m favouring the Atom SL as more in line with what I’m looking for and may return the Gamma MX.

Currently rocking the Cerium LT and a recco equipped gore-tex ski shell (Cassiar maybe).
    As above, the SL with Gamma MX should together layer really well! So the obvious answer is keep both!

Spring/Summer collection is now out! I'm looking at trousers whenever next discounts come through - I have the Levon's, really nice but want to try something else, a bit slimmer and a bit lighter. So I'll try the Abbott and the new Phelix which look pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Yea the AR cut is a bit boxy, hence why the Proton and Atom LTs are liked more and used more with layering.
    Makes sense but Arcteryx really need to sort the difference out. I think if I was in the shops and able to try them on I would have kept the Proton LT in the same size but gone a size down with the Atom AR. Part of me is tempted to order the Atom AR in a smaller size now and flog the other on SC but I'm not ready to admit defeat yet or take the Abuse from my wife.

I'll wait for the summer to order at hopefully a decent price and then blame it on weight loss as I'll be ordering an L instead of XL. I should get less abuse doing it that way!

Makes sense but Arcteryx really need to sort the difference out. I think if I was in the shops and able to try them on I would have kept the Proton LT in the same size but gone a size down with the Atom AR. Part of me is tempted to order the Atom AR in a smaller size now and flog the other on SC but I'm not ready to admit defeat yet or take the Abuse from my wife.

I'll wait for the summer to order at hopefully a decent price and then blame it on weight loss as I'll be ordering an L instead of XL. I should get less abuse doing it that way!
    Honestly not sure if sizing down will help - the 'relaxed' cut is usally more around the stomach and chest anything smaller may impact shoulders, arm length etc. Worth trying though if you're in between sizes!

Craftsman
    Heads up on the BETA SL in Tui/Dark Navy:

https://outlet.arcteryx.com/gb/en/sh...-hybrid-jacket

Got one last night, had ordered a M from Ellis Brigham at about £40 more which will go back. Nice saving considering it’s the brand I never associate with money off.

Master
    For midlayers, I have the Thorium AR, Atom LT, Atom AR, and Gamma MX.
    All in size Medium as I am a 38" chest with a 32" waist, and fairly flat bellied.

The Thorium and Atom AR are both roomy and warm. They certainly allow a jumper to be worn underneath, but they are not baggy. I don't like/want puffer-style jackets to be too tight/hugging as it compromises their insulative warmth.
    The Atom LT is more fitting - the elasticated panels do their job as intended, and is less warm but good for higher output. Used for skiing/biking in cold temps.
    The Gamma MX is relatively very trim fitting and what I would call an athletic cut and primarily outerwear, or with a shell. It is clearly designed to not be worn with anything bulky underneath, and it is just sized really nicely on it's own.

So my point is that between the different models of midlayer, Arc's sizing seems fairly spot on - subject to the design intent and objective of the product.

On top of ALL of these, I can easily slide my Beta SV shell on top (also size M) and the components fit together well.

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    All in size Medium as I am a 38" chest with a 32" waist, and fairly flat bellied.

The Thorium and Atom AR are both roomy and warm. They certainly allow a jumper to be worn underneath, but they are not baggy. I don't like/want puffer-style jackets to be too tight/hugging as it compromises their insulative warmth.
    The Atom LT is more fitting - the elasticated panels do their job as intended, and is less warm but good for higher output. Used for skiing/biking in cold temps.
    The Gamma MX is relatively very trim fitting and what I would call an athletic cut and primarily outerwear, or with a shell. It is clearly designed to not be worn with anything bulky underneath, and it is just sized really nicely on it's own.

So my point is that between the different models of midlayer, Arc's sizing seems fairly spot on - subject to the design intent and objective of the product.

On top of ALL of these, I can easily slide my Beta SV shell on top (also size M) and the components fit together well.
    Interesting, I have the MX hoody in small and am a 38-40 chest and 32 waist.

Though I tend to wear it with a T-shirt or sweatshirt underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post

Arc'teryx are weird for fitting - I'm 5 11", 73kgs with 37in chest and waist 31in. I also have long arms and legs and I'm solidly small. I am on the edge of small and tried medium with a few items and I just swim in it. Yet a few models on their site have 34in chest wearing medium and they look totally fine in it. Yes they're taller but still I find it odd. Next time i need an atom (trim fit), I'll try a medium but suspect it won't work.

Trousers I tend to size up to 32in if 31 is not offered, it works fine, but it's annoying the in-between isn't offered as they offer 33 in a lot of styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post

Got one last night, had ordered a M from Ellis Brigham at about £40 more which will go back. Nice saving considering it’s the brand I never associate with money off.
    The beta SL has been replaced by the LT - admittedly it's no longer paclite, but the SL was rated very highly. I may look at one myself....

Master
    Arc'teryx are weird for fitting - I'm 5 11", 73kgs with 37in chest and waist 31in. I also have long arms and legs and I'm solidly small. I am on the edge of small and tried medium with a few items and I just swim in it. Yet a few models on their site have 34in chest wearing medium and they look totally fine in it. Yes they're taller but still I find it odd. Next time i need an atom (trim fit), I'll try a medium but suspect it won't work.

Trousers I tend to size up to 32in if 31 is not offered, it works fine, but it's annoying the in-between isn't offered as they offer 33 in a lot of styles.
    I sound like I'm a slightly squashed version of you lol 5'10" 77kg 38/32. Arcteryx Medium on me has room, and in some other brands I wear Small (eg, Nike - but only if it is their Small 'Regular' fit)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post

I'm not keen on things being too figure hugging/skin tight though. I have never tried the small and not felt the need to, but might be able to get away with it. Mine is the Gamma MX without hood.

I sound like I'm a slightly squashed version of you lol 5'10" 77kg 38/32. Arcteryx Medium on me has room, and in some other brands I wear Small (eg, Nike - but only if it is their Small 'Regular' fit)
    Sounds like it! I've been heavier, but usually the same-ish size. But shows how how not much difference in body shape takes you up/down a size. Shoud note Arc'teryx puts small as 38in chest and medium as a 40in, so it does make sense. It's when I try something which should fit and is just wholly wrong (the Seton jacket in Small was laughably small yet the Medium was a horrendous fit. I reckon with Arc'teryx anyway their 'Regular' cut is a bit odd in general for tops - trim is always better unless you're layering.

Craftsman

Arrived in the UK Friday. Brexit issues delaying its arrival with me. Great.

Arrived in the UK Friday. Brexit issues delaying its arrival with me. Great.
    Same for me waiting on the gamma MX hoody and atom SL hoody (and Nodin jacket for the wife). Should have arrived last Friday but is delayed due to brexit and will be recalculated when the shipper has more info 🤷🏼*♂️. Still waiting for more info 🙄

Master
    Mine took about a month to arrive.
    Thought i was going to have to return it for a summer top.

A bump up from me - I was thinking on what wileeeeeey and others was talking about the Atom AR vs Atom LT/Proton LT - especially with versatility and have come up with a solution - a down vest for drier days. So I bought the Piedmont Vest - 25% off on alpine trek and in the reddish colout I wanted! I think it'll work a treat on top of the Atom LT. Still a bit of a sale there as well so you may find something you need/want.

I was out for a walk today in the Atom LT with a Nike dri fit T-Shirt underneath. Ok-ish when I got going but my god I could have turned around and gone home - it was -2 ?C!

I should have had the Atom AR on layered with a light jumper under the Proton LT. Either way I'll be layering or wearing the Atom AR tomorrow. Won't make that mistake again.

I was out for a walk today in the Atom LT with a Nike dri fit T-Shirt underneath. Ok-ish when I got going but my god I could have turned around and gone home - it was -2 ?C!

I should have had the Atom AR on layered with a light jumper under the Proton LT. Either way I'll be layering or wearing the Atom AR tomorrow. Won't make that mistake again.
    I was out earlier. Just a base layer and the atom ar
    Just about right after 5 mins walking
    I really like the ar at the minute b it’s my go too jacket

It's the wind - definitely need a shell and some good layering. I had a base layer, shirt, a uni qlo down vest and a big down jacket on - yes I was toasty, but for those moments where the wind was cutting through, worth it!

Generally I cannot do the LT and a Tee with less than 7 degs - the breathable panels on the side are the problem. The vest will solve that.

Ok so the Proton LT was too warm on the weekend and the Gamma MX isn't really built for long country walks. I think I need something in FL or even SL.

Atom LT won't be cool enough which leaves me with the Proton FL, Squeamish, or maybe the Gamma LT. Am I missing a model out like the Trino SL or Zeta SL?

Master
    Ok so the Proton LT was too warm on the weekend and the Gamma MX isn't really built for long country walks. I think I need something in FL or even SL.

Atom LT won't be cool enough which leaves me with the Proton FL, Squeamish, or maybe the Gamma LT. Am I missing a model out like the Trino SL or Zeta SL?
    Squeamish for me just makes me sweat. For an alleged breathable layer it feels like wearing a cagoule from my childhood. Perhaps it’s just me!

Also learned in a heavy downpour that it is only lightly waterproof, with the lack of being breathable, I’d assumed it was fully; I was completely drenched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Squeamish for me just makes me sweat. For an alleged breathable layer it feels like wearing a cagoule from my childhood. Perhaps it’s just me!

Also learned in a heavy downpour that it is only lightly waterproof, with the lack of being breathable, I’d assumed it was fully; I was completely drenched.

To be fair the Squamish is a wind proof layer.

The Proton LT is designed for Ice / Alpine Climbing so it’s no wonder it was too hot.

I find Arcteryx are very good at making clothing for a very particular purpose. Their gear isn’t really designed for walking to the shops. Although I find the Gamma MX can do that job well, but unless it’s very cold I only wear a T-shirt under.

I’m loving the Gamma MX to the extent I haven’t even got out in my atom SL so can’t give you any feedback. Nearly went for a run in it on Sunday but decided it would be too warm (I was right) so not sure when the SL will get a look in now...

The Gamma MX is very good and my lightest Arcteryx jacket. On Saturday I got so warm walking in the forest I had to take it off but on Sunday I was regretting the Gamma MX and really wish I wore the Proton LT - I was freezing.

I've just noticed there is an Atom SL but for a Spring jacket I'd really rather there wasn't a hood. Any suggestions? The Piccadilly store is offering webcam appointments/personal shopping so I'm tempted to book one of those and see what they suggest. It could just be as simple as the Gamma LT.

I can't sing the praises of the Proton FL enough...super breathable, light insulation but not too warm...I thinks its a brilliant year round jacket...it does have a hood but most of it is unlined so doesn't get in the way..perfect in case you're caught out in a shower...2 lower hand pockets and 2 decent sized chest pockets....love it so much I bought a spare in the sale (sad I know)

https://www.switchbacktravel.com/rev...roton-fl-hoody
    https://blacksheepadventuresports.co...ryx-proton-fl/

Master
    The lack of hand pockets is my biggest issue with the squeamish, drives me insane when I stop walking.

Due to colour options and one option not being in stock for two months I've ordered a Proton FL from Arcteryx direct and the Atom SL from Trekkit. From speaking to someone on the phone at Arcteryx Piccadilly I'm pretty happy that the Proton FL will be for me but want to be sure.

No cashback/points etc from Arcteryx direct but without asking the woman I spoke with gave me a single use code which gave me a free gift. When I entered the code in its the £45 index 15 backpack in black, really cool. Shame the delivery isn't going to be fast (additional one week delay due to UK customs) but the service was fantastic.

Master
    Trektt have 50% off quite a few Arcteryx bits (in limited sizes) including the Atom LT, Beta AR and Cerium LT. Fortunately most aren't in my size but if people could buy them, that would save me the temptation...

Cracking deal for new non sample Arcteryx IMO

https://www.trekitt.co.uk/instock/onsale?discount=30&

Arcteryx discount?

Trektt have 50% off quite a few Arcteryx bits (in limited sizes) including the Atom LT, Beta AR and Cerium LT. Fortunately most aren't in my size but if people could buy them, that would save me the temptation...

A few good ex-winter sale bargains there - not just Arcteryx. The Rab electron is a good deal, but with 3 down jackets and a couple of down parkas, I don’t wear the ones I have, and so don’t need another.

Stick it in the wardrobe and bring it out in November, knowing everyone else is paying full price at that point.

The Atom SL is more wind resistant versus the Proton FL, but the latter feels more robust with insulation in the arms. The Atom SL doesn't feel as if its that warm due to the panels and the aforementioned lack of insulation in the arms. Despite that the Atom SL was my first Dead Bird piece and its still performing admirably.

Can anyone tell if the Atom LTs are the new 2020 version?

Got the Atom SL and Proton FL today as I couldn't decide. I'll send the Atom SL back but I have to say the Proton line is fantastic - both the FL and LT. I tried to get my wife a Proton but couldn't find a colour she'd like so have the Atom LT coming for her in a few days.

I had a Zoom appointment today with the store in Piccadilly (you can choose 15 or 30 mins, I went for 15) and I have to say the service was exceptional and worth paying RRP for.

So I've been slowly increasing my dead bird collection. I recently bought another Atom SL - my older one has become part of my standard golf attire and wanted a new one for fresher, daily use. First time I've sized up to Medium in Arc'teryx as the trim fit in small was far too small. As opposed to Wileeey I prefer the Atom series to the Protons and like the updates from the old version I have. While in the Piccadilly store and curious on sizing, I tried on the Atom LT in both small and medium - both actually work, depending on how I want to layer it. I'll probably need a new one soon, as the old one has also been taken over by golf...

More interestingly, there was a quiet new drop by Arcteryx. The new line called 'rebird' is about recycling offcuts (I think from squamish) and their first release was the very light windshell - https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/mens...ndshell-rebird . There was also a really nice tote bag, alas only for North American market,

I think it looks great and have ordered one (ash/black)!!! I'm sticking to my standard Arc size of Small and see how it goes. Looks generous sizing looking at the model pics. Really interesting to see what else they'll do with the 'rebird'!

Oh and I bought another conveyor belt, which are simply the best things ever.....

That new jacket looks interesting. I've been hunting the website for something lighter than the Proton FL and I think I'll be getting a Gamma SL soon. I get confused between the Nodin, Incendo, and Squeamish so a visit to Piccadilly is interesting.

I have about £60 cashback on Trekkit but I'll save that for one of the winter jackets to lessen the impact.

That new jacket looks interesting. I've been hunting the website for something lighter than the Proton FL and I think I'll be getting a Gamma SL soon. I get confused between the Nodin, Incendo, and Squeamish so a visit to Piccadilly is interesting.

I have about £60 cashback on Trekkit but I'll save that for one of the winter jackets to lessen the impact.
    Variations in material and fit, but use case is the key difference. Squamish is the closest analogy as same material though I felt Gamma SL was a better comparison, albeit around 100g heavier than the Stowe. In the end I decided the Stowe ‘rebird’ had a nicer aesthetic for more civilian use and key was windstopping, so I went with that! I’m worried it maybe a bit too light, so hope it can take a layer underneath (I doubt an atom sl though).

Variations in material and fit, but use case is the key difference. Squamish is the closest analogy as same material though I felt Gamma SL was a better comparison, albeit around 100g heavier than the Stowe. In the end I decided the Stowe ‘rebird’ had a nicer aesthetic for more civilian use and key was windstopping, so I went with that! I’m worried it maybe a bit too light, so hope it can take a layer underneath (I doubt an atom sl though).

The other option could be the Patagonia Houdini Air but the colour options aren't ideal.

One TZ thread later and I have four arcteryx jackets and still hunting for a fifth. It's an illness.

Tis indeed a serious illness...I have two Proton FL's (have lived in one for over a year)..2 Squamish..a Proton LT jacket..an Atom vest and a Proton LT vest ..I think thats it ?...been looking at their Beta Goretex but I can't warrrant the price with all the other waterproofs I have....I'm a small and I find their sizing absolutely bang on for me

I think my current collection is Atom LT, 2x Atom SL, Sawyer gore-tex jacket, piedmont vest, covert hoody, some hiking pants, Levon pants, couple of shorts, 2x conveyor belts.....and the new stowe windshell. I think that is it! Only a couple of cotton Ts were a let down, but the rest get massive use, so yes its a sickness, but they do get worn a lot!

edit - forgot I have a Gryson shirt too....
    Last edited by crazyp; 21st May 2021 at 13:39.

Atom AR, Proton LT, Proton FL, Gamma MX here. A Gamma SL to follow shortly and then a shell or two before winter if there's a decent sale hopefully.

Atom AR, Proton LT, Proton FL, Gamma MX here. A Gamma SL to follow shortly and then a shell or two before winter if there's a decent sale hopefully.
    What I find crazy is the Gamma SL is twice the weight of the Stowe I ordered, and that is light as it is!

I think I'll get the Atom AR in the coming winter, the LT was just not heavy enough. That and if I can go skiing I'll finally buy a Gamma MX.

Master
    I’m rather a fan of Arcteryx and thinking about it I currently have:

Alpha SV
    Beta LT
    Beta AR pants
    Thorium SV
    Cerium LT (maybe coming to an SC near you soon...)
    Cerium SL gilet
    Atom LT
    Nuclei FL
    Fission SL
    Since that post 6 months ago, the Thorium and Cerium LT (the second one of those I have had) have been sold so only 6 Arcteryx jackets left (and a belt I forgot about last time). Nearly ended up with an Alpha Comp jacket yesterday but fortunately was outbid.

Darn...I started looking at the Gamma SL as mentioned in the post above...looks good
    I had an earlier made in Canada Alpha comp and foolishly sold it for some daft reason..it was a cracker

More interestingly, there was a quiet new drop by Arcteryx. The new line called 'rebird' is about recycling offcuts (I think from squamish) and their first release was the very light windshell - https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/mens...ndshell-rebird . There was also a really nice tote bag, alas only for North American market,
    So its arrived!!! Size wise it's true to your standard arc'teryx size - which for me is just about small. I'd probably prefer a medium for the shoulders, but the torso in particular would get far too baggy!

Anyway it is very light - no insulation as all (which is exactly what I wanted). I can also get a layer underneath if necessary. I was a little sceptical on the whole anorak fitting, but I'm liking it, something different, with a good zip and the zipped kangaroo pockets are neatly done. For an emergency shell in the coming months for more urban settings I think its great!

Alright fellas...I was wondering if any of you chaps bought the Gamma SL and what you thought of it ? ie material & sizing etc cheers

Journeyman
    Bumping this thread again, I'm looking for something to wear throughout the colder months and can survive the heavy wind/rain we occasionally get. This is purely for the city as I walk to work for about 30 mins, but would also like to be wearable on the tube.

Was looking at the Radsten (https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/mens...sulated-jacket) but as this is a newer release there's not much talk about it. Would this be suitable or is the insulation too much?

Quote Originally Posted by faken View Post
    Bumping this thread again, I'm looking for something to wear throughout the colder months and can survive the heavy wind/rain we occasionally get. This is purely for the city as I walk to work for about 30 mins, but would also like to be wearable on the tube.

Was looking at the Radsten (https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/mens...sulated-jacket) but as this is a newer release there's not much talk about it. Would this be suitable or is the insulation too much?
    I looked at this one. But went for the fission jacket. it’s dearer. But so warm and waterproof. Ideal for our winters imo
    Last edited by lenlec; 28th September 2021 at 23:03.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by faken View Post

If you're set on an insulated waterproof, then it might also be worth looking at the Patagonia Insulated Quandary Jacket, if you don't want to spend Arc'teryx money: https://eu.patagonia.com/gb/en/produ...630_color=MULB

Or as a curveball the Rab Valiance is great in cold wet weather, being that rare thing; a down insulated waterproof jacket. https://www.snowandrock.com/p/rab-me...-A1214122.html

Only catch I'd say is you're likely to be too warm on the tube in any of the above!

It's getting cold again. On the hunt for an outer shell. Any discounts going?

Tempted by the Alpha purely for the two Napoleon pockets but no clue re AR Vs SV.