closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Christmas needle work on MN type straps

Craftsman

Christmas needle work on MN type straps

The position of the metal hardware on Erika's MN strap on my BBB makes sense, the strap forms a loop and the hook adjusts the tightness. On the cheap ones it is different. It does not create a loop and if the hook becomes undone, the straps would open. It is probably due to some patents that they cannot replicate the well thought out design of the original.

Here is the comparison:

Out with a sharp knife and onward with the rebuild:

The cheap ones were on sale, so I got carried away a bit.
    Once cut apart, they all have a bit of length variations, but in the end it's quite easy to convert them to the original design.

End result:

Well pleased with my needlework on Christmas day. But my verdict, the original is dear, but you get a high quality item. The cheap ones I would not order again. I was just too lasy to send them back to Sweden. I hope you are not saying that I received a duff lot and they are usually the same design as Erika's. Merry Christmas :-)
    Last edited by bmwrover; 25th December 2020 at 16:23.

Journeyman

Christmas needle work on MN type straps

I just bought a blue EO for BB58 Blue.....had tried CNS ones from Sweden and totally agree re buckle placement and how it differs from EO. Yes, costly but certainly worth the extra over the cheaper versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrover View Post
    The position of the metal hardware on Erika's MN strap on my BBB makes sense, the strap forms a loop and the hook adjusts the tightness. On the cheap ones it is different. It does not create a loop and if the hook becomes undone, the straps would open. It is probably due to some patents that they cannot replicate the well thought out design of the original.

Here is the comparison:

Out with a sharp knife and onward with the rebuild:

The cheap ones were on sale, so I got carried away a bit.
    Once cut apart, they all have a bit of length variations, but in the end it's quite easy to convert them to the original design.

End result:

Well pleased with my needlework on Christmas day. But my verdict, the original is dear, but you get a high quality item. The cheap ones I would not order again. I was just too lasy to send them back to Sweden. I hope you are not saying that I received a duff lot and they are usually the same design as Erika's. Merry Christmas :-)
    I got some of these from cheapest nato straps.... they don’t wear the same as you will see if you look on Utube. I adapted mine too. They were £7.00 each. I would never pay £50 + for 8 inches of elastic and 3 cheap metal pieces. However, if were able to make £60 out of 10mins work and 60 pence worth of materials I would. Good on you EO .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk