So, bit of a fantasy post here for me so please humour me! I’ve been looking at cars through recent lockdowns and thinking that I’ll lose half my money in 3 years, I can’t really go anywhere and it’s a fairly pointless purchase. I then got an email from watchfinder advising me of their sale and they have a lovey A Lange & Sohne Langematik Perpetual reduced from £50k to £40k. The most I’ve ever spent on a watch is about £5k, and I currently wear a Fitbit 99% of the time. So the chances of me trying to buy this watch are close to zero.

But, it got me thinking......if I did buy it I’d look at it as an investment. Not necessarily one which appreciates (which I understand is the definition of ‘investment’!), but one which doesn’t lose half my money like the car would. Now, I’d need to know that if I wanted to release my money in the future I could move the thing on. And I can’t imagine that there are millions of buyers for watches at this level. But, given I’ve never had any dealings at this level, who knows, there may be!

So, a question to anyone that has experienced watches of this cost......how easy are they to move on, and how much of a bath do you accept you’ll typically take - taking the ALS as an example?

Thanks!