closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stallone and Panerai

Stallone and Panerai

Stumbled upon this article on Instagram from Perezcope. Looks like a lot of work went into tracking the origins of the story behind Stallone and Panerai. I always thought Stallone stumbled upon the watches in Italy, however story looks to be different. Interesting read anyway.

https://perezcope.com/2020/12/23/the...tory-debunked/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Interesting read, thanks for posting!

As above.

Thanks.
    ______

​Jim.

I've never really understood why Panerai keeps peddling misinformation and outright lies when it does have some genuinely interesting history that it could use.

There is also an ongoing struggle between Panerai and Perezcope. Panerai have had his account shut down a few times now. Usually after Perezcope revealed the official Panerai account on Instagram “liked” or shared a post with a clearly fake Panerai.

Agreed with the post above, they have enough history to go by and some stunning watches. But apparently things were different then.

Craftsman
    I read the article it was very interesting ,it's a shame panerai seems intent on promoting false history again and again ,perezcope keeps unearthing the truth and the blog is always worth reading

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

This story is the reason I would never wear a Panerai. Like so much in the Richmont stable a fully fabricated history and a ruthless undercurrent of greed.

Not a fan of Perezcope.

I for one like both. Panerai distinctive design, history & a watch I won. Perezcope is good at what he does. But my god give it a rest, he’s hell bent on being the saviour of Panerai’s history. But will ignore many a tale from other brands. I note a big Rolex fan.

Never let the truth ruin a good a story or marketing

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Stallone and Panerai

I read the article with interest but it doesn’t change my opinion of the brand and their watches.

And they aren’t exactly the first watch brand to fabricate or alter events. Panerai’s owners at the time didn’t exactly benefit hugely from that part of their history.

I’ve always thought that Daylight was pretty terrible film as well.

Last edited by Andyp1973; 24th December 2020 at 19:49.

Well watch ambassadors are not always a good thing, I cant see many lady gaga fans buying tudors. And as far as re writing or embellishing history, panerai is not so bad. Ultimately, watches have to be able to stand up to scrutiny in the market place. It's funny that cartoer doesn't milk its aviation history to death, but still makes and sells good watches.

Grand Master
    Cool Story Bro
    RIAC

Perezscope’s articles are interesting but his own “history” is rather ironic - not sure how many of you know but he started off on the Homage Forum building, shall we say, Panerai “homages” - very “accurate” ones too - think he was involved in a project converting travel clock Angelus movements into stem wound versions for use in watches. That old, original forum closed down a year or two ago and I don’t think many, if any, of his old posts were copied over so fortunately for him they are lost.

After spending years studying vintage Pams to build “homages”, it’s no wonder he can spot the fakes.

Reformed smoker comes to mind...

Regards

Jon.

Interesting, many thanks for posting.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StampeSV4 View Post
    Perezscope’s articles are interesting but his own “history” is rather ironic - not sure how many of you know but he started off on the Homage Forum building, shall we say, Panerai “homages” - very “accurate” ones too - think he was involved in a project converting travel clock Angelus movements into stem wound versions for use in watches. That old, original forum closed down a year or two ago and I don’t think many, if any, of his old posts were copied over so fortunately for him they are lost.

After spending years studying vintage Pams to build “homages”, it’s no wonder he can spot the fakes.

Reformed smoker comes to mind...

Regards

Jon.
    Never knew that. But do remember some fuss between him & a Oz member on the risti forum many moons ago.

Great article, have always wondered why Stallone wasn't made THE image/face of Panerai...

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Never knew that. But do remember some fuss between him & a Oz member on the risti forum many moons ago.

Seems to be a secret.

Regards

Jon
    Last edited by StampeSV4; 26th December 2020 at 09:59.

I've seen the Stallone pre-auction video. Why does the guy feel compelled to lie like that?
    The only motive I can think of is to hike the price.
    The who business stinks a little for me as the auction house were clearly involved in some clandestine way.
    What is clear is that the original maker of the watches got royally shafted.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Olives View Post
    Well watch ambassadors are not always a good thing, I cant see many lady gaga fans buying tudors.
    It's quite a strange thing for a company to do but they've obviously done the research and there must be some folk out there who want to wear the same watch as her or Mr Beckham.

Craftsman
    he would make the perfect ambassador for panerai as he is italian and would wear the panerai
    quite well. italians have always had a soft spot for the panerai. i love stallone and i love panerai

Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    he would make the perfect ambassador for panerai as he is italian and would wear the panerai
    quite well. italians have always had a soft spot for the panerai. i love stallone and i love panerai
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWoTjJXquWE

Journeyman
    I’ve been told by the other ‘risti that be careful when you read his articles as he often playing connect the dots to discredit the current Panerai while gaining some $$$ using the Panerai name (look at the posters he’s selling on that homepage) that’s why he’s ignored by the actual Paneristi community...I think he’s even banned from paneristi on fb

Journeyman
    Really interesting read, like reading his auction house call outs on his site / IG more than those against Panerai misinformation. He tends to back stuff up well with photos / evidence but yes need a pinch of salt given aforementioned comments.