closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jaguar XE Advice

Master
    Blog Entries

Jaguar XE Advice

Interested in a petrol 240/250ps version with the Meridian audio.

Anyone got one, have any insight or things to look out for, must have or avoid?

Thanks.

Grand Master
    I’m a Jaguar fan, I had a look at them when they were launched. Nice looking car but the boot is on the small side. 240bhp petrol should be fast enough for most people, if I was buying that would be my choice.

Blog Entries
    I had the XF 2.0d (180) as a company car for 3 years and 70,000 miles.
    It was the best all round car I’ve had.
    Super comfy motorway mile muncher & very capable handling on the twisty stuff for such a big car.
    ...but there are some caveats ...

The interior was nice but was not up to Audi or BMW quality standards - some cheap plastics lower down.
    The sat nav was pretty dumb & persisted on recommending single track roads (because in theory you can do 60mph on them).

It had repeated DPF sensor issues - meaning frequent dealer visits, though you’ll not have that issue in the petrol.
    The local (Cheltenham) dealer was ok at best - & provided me a Nissan Juke as courtesy car on several of the visits.
    I was hoping it would be an opportunity to try another in their range, XE, E-pace, F-Pace etc, but no a Nissan Joke with no fuel in it.
    I’ve never had that with Audi nor BMW dealers (or Skoda or VW).

z
    Last edited by zelig; 24th December 2020 at 10:23.

Master
    A pal of mine has one though it’s a diesel so can’t help on the engine front. His main gripe is the size of the boot, he had an A4 before the XE and finds a big difference with the lack of boot space now.

Craftsman
    I had a 180 diesel a couple of years back. The auto box was pretty poor, quite jerky and eager to change down.

Drive was nice, but as said before the boot was tiny and quite awkward to fit stuff into. Rear legroom was quite poor too.

Meridian audio was good - I always spec an upgraded stereo in whatever car I get.

In the end, the car went back as my wife lost the job it was tied to - we’ve got a BMW 4GC now and I much prefer it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    When road testing my daughter chose the C Merc over the Jag which was then proven to be the best choice as the others who went for the Jag were plagued with problems. She does 30k miles a year and after four years with the Merc had only a few minor problems. Car had 118k miles when it went back.

We had a nice day out courtesy of Jaguar when the XE was launched.

Handling was quite good and nicely finished, but for me the boot was too small and as they never made an estate it fell off my radar.

Would definitely consider one but for that though.

XF is nicer though and I nearly did buy one of them. May not have such nice plastic as an Audi, but is a far nicer place to be, the same way a Range Rover is nicer than an X5.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Last edited by snowman; 24th December 2020 at 18:03.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Grand Master
    Surprised Jaguar haven’t developed an estate version of the XE, would be a nice alternative to the SUV ‘box on wheels’ motors that are fashionable and that all manufacturers seem to want to sell. Personally I can’t stand the things and hell would freeze over before I’d buy one, stupid looking jacked up vehicles, they all look as bad regardless of the badge on the front.

I could use the practicality of a larger hatchback or estate, my ageing 3 litre XF is a great car but not the most practical for lugging stuff around.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Surprised Jaguar haven’t developed an estate version of the XE, would be a nice alternative to the SUV ‘box on wheels’ motors that are fashionable and that all manufacturers seem to want to sell. Personally I can’t stand the things and hell would freeze over before I’d buy one, stupid looking jacked up vehicles, they all look as bad regardless of the badge on the front.

I could use the practicality of a larger hatchback or estate, my ageing 3 litre XF is a great car but not the most practical for lugging stuff around.
    Then get an XF estate.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Then get an XF estate.
    Tru dat !!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Then get an XF estate.
    The XF estate is a lovely looking car.