closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai discount?

Master

Panerai discount?

After many years of contemplating something Panerai, I’m finally ready to enter the somewhat baffling world of model numbers.

Just weighing up the options between new and used, I normally buy new, mostly Omega, have definitely helped a fair few from here with healthy discounts in the past. Can anyone point me into right direction to any companies offering discounts? when I looked over the years I was sure I used to see some good deals, now not so much.

Think i’m after something like a 1351 or 1312 or 2nd hand 351/312 size wise nothing over 45mm, not a lover of a completely sterile dial, problem is as soon as I think I’ve decided on something another model pops up and I go off on a tangent :-)

** Edit- Just been given some helpful info by a member, thanks TZ **
    Last edited by Rob153; 16th February 2021 at 12:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob153 View Post
    After many years of contemplating something Panerai, I’m finally ready to enter the somewhat baffling world of model numbers.

Just weighing up the options between new and used, I normally buy new, mostly Omega, have definitely helped a fair few from here with healthy discounts in the past. Can anyone point me into right direction to any companies offering discounts? when I looked over the years I was sure I used to see some good deals, now not so much.

Think i’m after something like a 1351 or 1312 or 2nd hand 351/312 size wise nothing over 45mm, not a lover of a completely sterile dial, problem is as soon as I think I’ve decided on something another model pops up and I go off on a tangent :-)
    Goldsmith now stock Panerai could be worth chatting with them and see how well your negotiating techniques work. I also know the Boutique in London do have a trade in programme with Watchfinder, if looking to offload a watch/es. Doubt you'll get discount from the Boutique, but you can ask, or push back on the trade in price.

KR Brad

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Goldsmith now stock Panerai could be worth chatting with them and see how well your negotiating techniques work. I also know the Boutique in London do have a trade in programme with Watchfinder, if looking to offload a watch/es. Doubt you'll get discount from the Boutique, but you can ask, or push back on the trade in price.

KR Brad
    Thanks for the advice, I don’t mind a bit of a joust over pricing, if you don’t ask you don’t get... I imagine it’s the same as Omega boutique’s you’ll be lucky to get a spare strap thrown in, I’ve always bought from independents, as long as you don’t take the pee with your offer they’re always been pretty accommodating.

I used to be able to TZ’s a good discount Omega wise, even with a good discount you still had people asking for another 5/10% needed up having to limit it to established members purely down to people taking the pi%s.

When I was picking my 2020 in December from the London boutique I was given the impression that a discount could be negotiated on mainstream models. Strike up a conversation with them and just ask. I’d expect at least 10% and a couple of straps or a service thrown in.

Watches of Mayfair and Chronext also advertise discounted prices on their websites.

Goldsmiths, WOS I’m not so sure. Berry’s for a cash sale I’ve had staff say to me it’s possible. That was the Nottingham branch last summer.

Like everything in life, if you don’t ask you don’t get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Exactly, I’m not afraid of asking, they can only say no.....

Appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    When I was picking my 2020 in December from the London boutique I was given the impression that a discount could be negotiated on mainstream models. Strike up a conversation with them and just ask. I’d expect at least 10% and a couple of straps or a service thrown in.

Watches of Mayfair and Chronext also advertise discounted prices on their websites.

Goldsmiths, WOS I’m not so sure. Berry’s for a cash sale I’ve had staff say to me it’s possible. That was the Nottingham branch last summer.

Like everything in life, if you don’t ask you don’t get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk