closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Isotope

Master

Isotope

Hi all

Anyone have the Goutte d'Eau Compressor Diver?
    I really like the look of these watches with the sandwich dial and case shape.
    I would love some feedback.

https://isotopewatches.com/

Master
    Ok then.

Craftsman
    I like these as well, but would want to try one on before ordering, as I'm uncertain from pics on whether I like the transition from bracelet to case, and the actual case height.

The company owner did a watch show in Warwick area before Covid hit, so I'm holding out until all this malarky is over and that kind of activity can resume, and I see one on the wrist.

It would be the original blue Nordblad version for me, as I like the marketing story around the ice diver lady.

Master
    Thanks for your comments there.
    I ended up ordering one yesterday, chatted with Jose via email and he seems really sound.
    I ordered the Seiko movement as don’t see the sellita is worth the extra £150. To be honest, I have found the Seiko NH35 to be reliable.
    I went for the Nordblad / blue second hand, my preference was the orange hand version but they had no stock!
    should be here today or tomorrow so I might do a thread about it with pictures and wrist shot.

Isotope

That was quick so I suppose my observations will not help.
    I have had the Nordblad blue with the NH35 movement for some time now.
    Like you I considered the orange hand version but the NH35 movement is not very "pretty".
    The timekeeping is within the spec's for the movement.
    I prefer bracelets and liked the look and function of this one however on my "twiggy" wrist (180mm) I find it becomes uncomfortable very quickly even though the adjustment gives a nice "snug" fit.
    The bracelet is heavy but it's not the weight (I have a Benarus watch that weighs in at close to 250gr) I think it's the length of the clasp that makes it uncomfortable.
    Fortunately Jose provided a free rubber type strap with the watch which is very comfortable.
    The "rubber" strap is quite short 72mm/110mm excluding buckle so I don't think it would fit a large wrist size. From memory the strap was a p*g to fit as the lug holes on the watch head do not line up with the holes in the strap and it had to be "forced" to fit.
    The face itself is 35mm across but does "look" quite small.
    My biggest "gripe" is that the bezel crown does not lock (at least one review says it does) which on my wrist moves when worn moving the bezel itself which would make it useless as a dive time indicator.
    I know a lot of this sounds negative however I do like the watch. The overall fit and finish far exceeds the price point and as it won't be going near water the self moving bezel will not kill me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy24 View Post
    Like you I considered the orange hand version but the NH35 movement is not very "pretty".
    I prefer bracelets and liked the look and function of this one however on my "twiggy" wrist (180mm) I find it becomes uncomfortable very quickly even though the adjustment gives a nice "snug" fit.
    The bracelet is heavy but it's not the weight (I have a Benarus watch that weighs in at close to 250gr) I think it's the length of the clasp that makes it uncomfortable.
    Fortunately Jose provided a free rubber type strap with the watch which is very comfortable.
    The "rubber" strap is quite short 72mm/110mm excluding buckle so I don't think it would fit a large wrist size. From memory the strap was a p*g to fit as the lug holes on the watch head do not line up with the holes in the strap and it had to be "forced" to fit.
    My biggest "gripe" is that the bezel crown does not lock (at least one review says it does) which on my wrist moves when worn moving the bezel itself which would make it useless as a dive time indicator.
    I know a lot of this sounds negative however I do like the watch. The overall fit and finish far exceeds the price point and as it won't be going near water the self moving bezel will not kill me.

Thanks for your feedback.
    Jose also said he would put a strap in with the watch so not sure if one of the NATOs or the rubber, hopefully the rubber.

I’m not bothered about the bezel issue, I won’t be wearing it in water, I can’t even swim haha.

Interesting to hear you say it’s not that comfortable, I will see how it fairs with me. If a watch on bracelet is uncomfortable I usually switch it out for a NATO and problem solved.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gee-whizz View Post
    Thanks for your comments there.
    I ended up ordering one yesterday, chatted with Jose via email and he seems really sound.
    I ordered the Seiko movement as don’t see the sellita is worth the extra £150. To be honest, I have found the Seiko NH35 to be reliable.
    I went for the Nordblad / blue second hand, my preference was the orange hand version but they had no stock!
    should be here today or tomorrow so I might do a thread about it with pictures and wrist shot.
    Good choice.

Look forward to seeing that !

I quite like dive watches on rubber, and for this one, I think it might actually look/work better on rubber as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy24 View Post
    Is it quite stiff to move?

I like the look but if the inner bezel moves to easily it wouldn't be a buy for me

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Is it quite stiff to move?

I like the look but if the inner bezel moves to easily it wouldn't be a buy for me
    No it moves quite freely enough to make wrist movement turn it.

Master
    The watch has arrived and had a quick look whilst the wife was out...... this is a secret purchase haha.
    First impression is it’s damn awesome! The size is perfect, not too big.
    It does feel quite heavy but not so much as a DSSD for instance which I had years ago and hated it, so top heavy.
    The free strap is the blue stripe NATO which is decent but I will size the bracelet and try it out for a few days.
    The packaging is interesting, a felt watch roll!

eventually anyone got one?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    haven't got one but do really like them ^
    Im a bit of a sucker for hot pink tho.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seikomatic View Post
    eventually anyone got one?

I was very tempted by one of these as a summer watch. I missed out on the original Will Return but haven't quite pulled the trigger. Think I will wait for the new yellow Seaforth.
    Looking forward to seeing owner photos though, it's really unique in all the right ways.