closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OceanX Sharkmaster Diver SMS1014 - a blue dial/bezel Rolex DSSD homage, thoughts?

Is there a UK seller of Ocean X? I thought Watchia were but their awful reviews suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Is there a UK seller of Ocean X? I thought Watchia were but their awful reviews suggest otherwise.
    Sorry, not really answering the question, but a lot have been bought from this highly respected seller......

https://www.seriouswatches.com/apps/...oduct&q=oceanx

Possibly helps you?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Sorry, not really answering the question, but a lot have been bought from this highly respected seller......

Possibly helps you?
    They no longer add VAT at source as they are in the EU and exporting outside the EU to UK - but you'll now need to pay UK VAT on delivery - net effect is minimal. They actually respond on the online chat via email as well.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 3rd January 2021 at 00:11.

Thanks Andrew that does help. I've been looking at them but thought I'd ask about a UK outlet before committing.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post

Possibly helps you?
    - - - Updated - - -

Thanks Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    They no longer add VAT at source as they are in the EU and exporting outside the EU to UK - but you'll now need to pay UK VAT on delivery - net effect is minimal. They actually respond on the online chat via email as well.

Still waiting for mine to turn up.

>tapsfingersontable<

To be fair I did chose the 7-14 day delivery option which makes it this coming Tuesday before time is up, it's been sitting with UPS at Stansted since the 24th though according to their tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Still waiting for mine to turn up.

>tapsfingersontable<

To be fair I did chose the 7-14 day delivery option which makes it this coming Tuesday before time is up, it's been sitting with UPS at Stansted since the 24th though according to their tracker.

Kippax bought from them over the Christmas period, and I think that it arrived within 5 days.
    Think he mentioned that it arrived via Stansted (FedEx?)
    I’m sure that he’ll correct me on here, if I’m wrong!

I purchased my watch through their main website, that got shipped from Hong Kong. The courier was FedEx, it did get shipped to Standstead until the day after Boxing Day then started to move. It shouldn’t be too long wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the James Cameron Deep Sea homage available to buy new? If so, does anyone know the product reference?

If not, I can feel a WTB post coming on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    Is the James Cameron Deep Sea homage available to buy new? If so, does anyone know the product reference?

If not, I can feel a WTB post coming on.

Yeah it looks like it’s still available

https://www.seriouswatches.com/produ...r-1000-sms1012

Apprentice
    How are people finding the fit ? At 17mm thick it has a fair chunk?

I had a PM written to send to Kippax five minutes after he listed his but pulled out due to the height. I later remembered that I had a Benarus Sea Devil with similar proportions so probably could have managed it. In fact I briefly had a Megalodon!

Quote Originally Posted by Benzy50 View Post

Owned a few of these, and the fit for me is superb.
    I do like my divers mind.
    These are great watches, and I have never heard of anyone being anything but delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Yeah it looks like it’s still available

https://www.seriouswatches.com/produ...r-1000-sms1012
    I’ve just ordered one of these. So much for ‘no new watches this year’.

Looks like you got the last one -congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    I’ve just ordered one of these. So much for ‘no new watches this year’.

I received mine yesterday and immediately thought I had made a huge mistake, I knew it was thick and heavy but when I picked it up it still took me by surprise.

Another thing that took me by surprise was how amazing this watch looks, the quality blew me away and honestly it is better than watches I have owned that have cost considerably more.

I then put it on my wrist little disheartened and amazingly it feels very nice, obviously its heavy but not uncomfortable and it sits very nicely on the wrist.

I decided to wear it all day today and it was absolutely fine, I am hoping that this one will stay a while!

Apprentice
    I had a PM written to send to Kippax five minutes after he listed his but pulled out due to the height. I later remembered that I had a Benarus Sea Devil with similar proportions so probably could have managed it. In fact I briefly had a Megalodon!
    I do like the look of the megalodon. Most of the diver I wear are around the 13mm mark. But have a itch to get an extreme WR watch and they don't come thin!

Darn it. When I checked earlier it was showing In Stock. He who hesitates etc.

I've put a WTB on.

Its a big chunk alright but it is very wearable on my 7.5" wrist. My daily is/was a GS Ti Diver which is 44.5mm/16mm, the OceanX wears a bit bigger and is significantly heavier but I really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    Darn it. When I checked earlier it was showing In Stock. He who hesitates etc.

I've put a WTB on.

I got mine from here and they have the DSSD in stock. My watch arrived overnight but that was before Xmas.

https://www.watchia.com/en/oceanx-sh...r-sms1012.html

I do like the look of the megalodon. Most of the diver I wear are around the 13mm mark. But have a itch to get an extreme WR watch and they don't come thin!
    If you're not already aware of it then Google 'Sinn UX', I used to own one a few years ago.

As for my Sharkmaster, I'm going to see if I can speak to a UPS bod later today. I do have a question though to others that already have, or had, the DSSD homage - did yours come with a pressed steel clasp or a milled one that resembles, without the Glidelock element, a Rolex one? Online 'photos and videos appear to show them with either type.

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    I received mine yesterday and immediately thought I had made a huge mistake, I knew it was thick and heavy but when I picked it up it still took me by surprise.

Another thing that took me by surprise was how amazing this watch looks, the quality blew me away and honestly it is better than watches I have owned that have cost considerably more.

I then put it on my wrist little disheartened and amazingly it feels very nice, obviously its heavy but not uncomfortable and it sits very nicely on the wrist.

I decided to wear it all day today and it was absolutely fine, I am hoping that this one will stay a while!
    Can I ask what is the weight of this on the bracelet?

Apprentice
    If you're not already aware of it then Google 'Sinn UX',
    I love sinns and strive to get one some day. On the used market they are still a far bit of money. But one day I might find one im my price range thats been well used.

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    A lot! I'd say it is compatible to a dreadnought voyager so maybe 250g?

Photo because I'm bored sat outside the hospital

That looks great Craig. Proper wrist presence!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    That looks great Craig. Proper wrist presence!
    Cheers mate, really taken with it 👍

Very tempting.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 5th January 2021 at 13:06.

Bit of a thread bump, just wondering if anyone has experience of any of the 'vintage' style watches? Really like the below but would like some 'in flesh' photos if poss!

http://oceanxwatch.com/collection/SH...omatic/VSMS521

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post

I received mine on Wednesday after the courier mucked me about for a while, now they're mucking me about with another OceanX coming from elsewhere. Gits.

Anyway, to answer your question, sized for my 7.25" wrist my SMS1014 weighs 222g. You're certainly aware of it when on the wrist however I've found that you become accustomed to the bulk, I haven't worn anything else since delivery day. I'd echo the thoughts of others with regards to product quality as well.

OceanX

Based on all these great reviews I have just ordered a SMS1002 from Serious Watches.

Wonder how the VAT will be collected, I guess the courier will sort it?

Got to say I am very impressed with Serious Watches customer service so far, fast and detailed answers to all my questions.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arcam; 9th January 2021 at 18:08.

EDIT: order cancelled. I asked about bezel alignment and they said the one watch left in stock wasn't great. Shame but I appreciate their honesty.

I've ordered the VSMS521:

Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 11th January 2021 at 11:17.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was so tempted to get one - or possibly two - of these from Watchia (going as far as working through checkout almost to the end) but decided that no matter how good they looked and fantastic value they represent, they would be too big to enjoy wearing for anything other than the occasional day. My Seiko Sumos are (AFAIK) around 170gm each and 12.5mm thick that is about as heavy and thick as I want to go.

But I still keep revisiting this thread so can't rule out weakening at some point!

EDIT: order cancelled. I asked about bezel alignment and they said the one watch left in stock wasn't great. Shame but I appreciate their honesty.

This is the one I was interested in, be grateful of some pictures when it arrives!

Edit: oops, missed the edit.

Blog Entries

It's nice David although I've not handled in person. I almost ordered that one or the other with the snowflake handset. I imagine this is like a Steinhart vintage red only with a maxi case and double dome sapphire crystal. Reportedly much nicer finish than Steinharts homage 1680/1665 attempt. I personally think it should have a date mag like the Rolex.

Here is a small handling video

https://youtu.be/7TboucePbII

Here is the snowflake variant full.review-

https://youtu.be/Z42eRM_cNSM

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bond; 11th January 2021 at 15:31.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Here is a small handling video

https://youtu.be/7TboucePbII
    Wow that looks really nice. Caseback looks quite thick but it's the same story on the SD anyway.

I've just received my Sharkmaster today, in the short time I've had to look at it, I am very impressed, especially at this price point. It feels like a quality item.

Mine in arriving in the morning, that is fast delivery for sure from the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Mine in arriving in the morning, that is fast delivery for sure from the Netherlands.

What happened with the non eu vat thing? What were the charges if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by andymonkey View Post
    What happened with the non eu vat thing? What were the charges if you don’t mind me asking?

Happy to answer as it was a question I asked, SW said they would mark a value down on the customs form (c £150) for VAT purposes and UPS should sort the payment.

I will report back tomorrow after delivery as UPS have not asked for any payment before delivery and the shipping was FOC.

I’m amazed they’re willing to be complicit in VAT and customs fraud.

Happy to answer as it was a question I asked, SW said they would mark a value down on the customs form (c £150) for VAT purposes and UPS should sort the payment.

I will report back tomorrow after delivery as UPS have not asked for any payment before delivery and the shipping was FOC.

I have just recieved my Duty & Tax invoice from Fedex which cost £19.13, I am ok with that.

I did not ask for it, it was the process they told me they use if that makes me complicit then so be it. Until it lands and a tax bill is presented I can't comment further.

Thanks for the reply. Only thing is that the watch I was looking at is now out of stock at SW.....

Quote Originally Posted by andymonkey View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Only thing is that the watch I was looking at is now out of stock at SW.....

Pity, is it also showing that way on the OceanX site as well?

I messaged them last night as regards supply.
    New stock arrives next week apparently but they also have one back in from a cancelled order (which I guess is the one that David cancelled)

Bumping this thead with a 'photo of my SMS1052, it was delivered a couple of days ago however I sized it today.

Compared to 'photo's I've seen online, particularly on Seriouswatches and Watchias websites, the two tone is more copper in appearance than the yellow gold look I was expecting, I'd say that even my shot below isn't truly representative however it's not far off. I don't normally go for anything bling however I really do like this, time will tell though if I keep it alongside my SMS1014.

OceanX SMS1052

That looks great,a few more pics would be good to see but the copper tone really works. The watch doesn't look too blingy at all.

I am really enjoying mine, the only thing I am not keen on is the small dial which results from the internal rehaut This makes the dial feel smaller/cramped. I am considering trying the white dialled SMS 1017 which looks to have the identical blue bezel to mine. I like white dials, this one has an interesting texture and it gives the perception of not feeling smaller in the same way a darker dial does. The dial quality looks excellent in the macros shots in this clip.

^^^ I'll post a few more 'photos when I get the chance, may be a few days though, light permitting. That 1017 does look good...

Bumping this thead with a 'photo of my SMS1052, it was delivered a couple of days ago however I sized it today.

Compared to 'photo's I've seen online, particularly on Seriouswatches and Watchias websites, the two tone is more copper in appearance than the yellow gold look I was expecting, I'd say that even my shot below isn't truly representative however it's not far off. I don't normally go for anything bling however I really do like this, time will tell though if I keep it alongside my SMS1014.

OceanX SMS1052
    This looks nice. Just watched a You Tube video of it...

I don’t need another watch
    I don’t need another watch

Just arrived, I have not taken the stickers off yet or sized the braclet. The UPS VAT/Duty/road haulage tax was a faf and they calculated it incorrectly, took me nearly 3 hours yesterday to sort it, not SW's fault.

So initially quality looks good, alignment is good only gripe is the crown threads feel gritty, I will leave it running on my desk till tomorrow to see how the time keeping goes.

Are you amazed that a company that is copying a design is complicit in fraud, really? Personally I am tired of these companies in general and I do not like this watch. Should you have the wish to wear a DSSD or a Cameron (which I do not) either buy the real stuff or chose another watch in your priv’ce range that is not a blatant copy or homage or fake...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app