closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OceanX Sharkmaster Diver SMS1014 - a blue dial/bezel Rolex DSSD homage, thoughts?

OceanX Sharkmaster Diver SMS1014 - a blue dial/bezel Rolex DSSD homage, thoughts?

Does anybody own one of these?

I arrived at this watch after wanting a blue divers watch and still not having found one that truly hits the spot. This seems like a great watch for £368 with a Seiko movement and ceramic bezel. I know we have a few happy owners of the DSSD version, has anybody taken the plunge on this Blue variant?

Cheers

No experience with the blue-on-blue version, but I have the DSSD James Cameron homage and its a phenomenal watch for the money (and I speak as the owner of a DSSD).

The one you’re looking at looks great - I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you go for it.

Simon

Owned two other versions of this watch, and had three DSSD’s over the years.
    The OceanX is insane value for money. Great quality, and one was more accurate than all of the Rolex.
    You can’t complain for about a £10k saving.
    Not had the blue, but I’m awaiting delivery of a blue dial/blue bezel Seiko, so the colour combo works for me.

Go for it

Blog Entries
    Popular consensus from people is that Oceanx is better value for money than Steinhart. Better construction, finishing and crown action .

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the nudge along all. I think I will place an order tonight. Its a bit of a chunk at 44mm and 17mm thick but until I try it I wont know if the size is ok and the blue a pleasing tone. The quality looks very decent on various Youtube clips and I prefer these to the Steinharts I have seen.

Simon - it is actually your posts on your OceanX that have piqued my interest. I was surprised to see they make so many attractive versions but the blue seems to fit a want I have had for a while now.

Cheers all.

I keep looking at these and have come very close to purchasing. There’s something very pleasing about them, particularly the size.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Owned two other versions of this watch, and had three DSSD’s over the years.
    The OceanX is insane value for money. Great quality, and one was more accurate than all of the Rolex.
    You can’t complain for about a £10k saving.
    Not had the blue, but I’m awaiting delivery of a blue dial/blue bezel Seiko, so the colour combo works for me.

Go for it
    Your experience mirrors mine, Andrew - my OceanX loses 1.2 seconds per day, irrespective of position. My DSSD loses 2 seconds per day.

Here they are side by side.

https://i.imgur.com/ToW8RDg.jpg

Simon

Nice photo Simon, how do you decide which one to wear? The dial on the OceanX looks excellent and I prefer the markings on the bezel, but that could just be the pic.

Thank you mondie

I have just decided to buy another.

I currently own two of these and are incredible quality. The time keeping is better than any Rolex I’ve owned and superb to look at

And now after reading this thread I decided to get myself another.

Argh the joys of being addicted to watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good choice! There are some really attractive combintions available but I would really need to see them in the flesh. i reckon you have picked a winner there though, please post pics when you get it.

Craftsman
    They look pretty good and strong value for money ,what is the bracelet like

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

They look like great bang for the Buck. I suppose if you have SDDS owners saying they are great quality it says just about all we need to know!

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Nice photo Simon, how do you decide which one to wear? The dial on the OceanX looks excellent and I prefer the markings on the bezel, but that could just be the pic.
    The reason the bezel markings may look a little different is that they are all lumed, unlike the DSSD where only the pip at 12 is lumed. It’s quite startling in the middle of the night!

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by misterzero View Post
    They look pretty good and strong value for money ,what is the bracelet like

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app
    The bracelet is decent quality. Of course it doesn’t have the micro adjustment of the DSSD, but I find it easy to get a decent fit and it’s comfortable.

Simon

I’ve recently bought one and I’m seriously impressed

Even against my 16600 or Seamaster it feels really good quality

Perhaps the perfect holiday watch when you have small children and your concerned about smashing a good one off the side of the pool!

They do look very well made and seem great bang for buck. It it just me, though, or is the position of the rehault engraving slightly off centre (and perhaps even inconsistent from watch to watch)?
    Last edited by learningtofly; 22nd December 2020 at 13:01.

I ordered the watch in my first post this morning from Watchia. If the watch is too much for my 7-1/2" wrist I will probably return it for this 43mm retro-inspired diver which I also rather like:

I've owned several and only sold them to get back in to Tuna's.

All of them were fantastic. That sums it up fairly briefly.

I bought mine from Serious Watches in The Netherlands. Every purchase arrived the next day. A seriously impressive dealer.
    Last edited by j111dja; 22nd December 2020 at 13:13.

Mines due on the 29th

Will post with pictures :)

I've just ordered the very same model, I came extremely close to choosing the bi-metal gold and blue however the all blue won out.

It's your fault OP though I have reason to celebrate something so I thought what the heck.

No worries Shark, I will take that one on the chin

After ordering this morning I have notification from DHL that the watch will be here before lunch tomorrow. Thats quite surpising given everything thats going on right now. I hope they are correct, perhpas yours will be here earlier too Kippax.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    They do look very well made and seem great bang for buck. It it just me, though, or is the position of the rehault engraving slightly off centre (and perhaps even inconsistent from watch to watch)?
    Actually Tony I think you might be right, and zooming in on the photos I suspect that it’s mine that’s slightly off.

Suffice it to say, as it’s text rather than markers, it will not affect my enjoyment of the watch

Simon

Congratulations to mondie, CardShark and Kippax - good decision!

Simon

After ordering this morning I have notification from DHL that the watch will be here before lunch tomorrow. Thats quite surpising given everything thats going on right now. I hope they are correct, perhpas yours will be here earlier too Kippax.
    I don’t think it will I’ve purchased mine direct from their main website. I think it’s being shipped from Hon Kong?

I ordered mine from Watchia as well, the conformation email said 7-14 days and I didn't pay any extra for faster delivery so I'll be chuffed if it gets to me sooner.

I'm still wondering if I should have gone balls out and opted for the bi-metal blue, especially so as I have a blue Pelagos and a Sinn 104 ABE. Still, I do like blue

Did it turn up?

I went for the 7-14 day delivery option but received an email from UPS yesterday to say it would be with me by 12.45pm today! I followed it via tracking, the watch went from Denmark to Sweden to Germany to here where it landed at Stansted (just down the road from me...) early this morning and it's supposed to be out for delivery. It's not here yet, I suspect it's still in a warehouse somewhere.

First World problems and all that, I wasn't expecting it so soon anyway.

Yep, it arrived yesterday. I didnt pay for express shipping but DHL got it here in less than 24hrs, very impressive given the time of year and everything else going on now. I just took some quick pics for those interested.

The pics speak for themselves - the watch really is fantastic! The quality loses nothing against my 5 digit's. The blue is very well judged, just the right shade, I am glad after previosuly owning two other blue watches that I never got on with (Omega PO Ti & Sinn 103). It is quite a lump at 44mm, while the same size and only 1mm thicker than my GS Diver, it feels much chunkier. The case side profile is reminiscint of a Tudor Big Block, one of my most prized watches. The Seiko movment winds smoothly and feels solid to adjust so no worries there.

Overall, its a winner.

20201224_110919 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr

It arrived wrapped in multiple bits of plastic, I dont know how you would gi returning it if you didnt like it after unwrapping. It wasnt until I looked at the photos that I saw a small but I missed on the clasp.

20201224_145707 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr

20201224_143923 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr

The bracelet is excellent. Easy to adjust and the screws have long threads so there is no chance of a screw dropping out without you noticing its lose.

20201224_144113 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr

20201224_143933 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr

20201224_144011 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr

20201224_144214 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr

20201224_143916 (Medium) by Simon Gee, on Flickr

Looks good!

I've just rechecked where mine is, it appears to be still at Stansted rather than in a van doing the rounds as I thought earlier. Guess I'll have to be patient.

Looks an absolute stonker
    I have yet to be disappointed by a Sharkmaster, and cannot think of any brand that gives you so much bang for your buck.

Enjoy the new watch

Wow that blue does look good. Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Wow that blue does look good. Congratulations
    Any update on when your lighter blue version is due?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Any update on when your lighter blue version is due?
    Still saying the 29th for me.

Will keep you posted.

This has piqued my interest in this brand. Looking at the Serious Watches site and would be interested in anyone’s thoughts as to what happens on Jan 1st as regards postage to the UK and vat as we will be officially out of the EU at this point??

Arrived today

They do look rather good and incredible value at under £400. The only problem for me is the size and height are a little on the large side, but that's just a personal thing. I am finding if I buy anything big or bulky it tends to get flipped quite quickly.

Great watches though and the owners on here seem very happy with them which is all that matters.

That looks nice Kippax, the wrist photo shows off the colours best. Legibility may not be the best?

Wallasey - the watch I posted above with the aged lume is 43mm/16mm so a little smaller and without crown guards, probably looks it on the wrist. They also do a few in 42mm but nothing in that size appealed to me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I ordered mine from Watchia as well, the conformation email said 7-14 days and I didn't pay any extra for faster delivery so I'll be chuffed if it gets to me sooner.

I'm still wondering if I should have gone balls out and opted for the bi-metal blue, especially so as I have a blue Pelagos and a Sinn 104 ABE. Still, I do like blue

sorry wrong post for my reply...
    Last edited by redmonaco; 29th December 2020 at 16:30.

Master
    I don’t think it will I’ve purchased mine direct from their main website. I think it’s being shipped from Hon Kong?

wont you be hit by +20% when it hits UK though? I'd have gone via Serious in Netherlands

I find the size ok, even with my skinny wrist. What I find remarkable about this particular watch is how well the lume looks, this shot is just wearing around the house, just looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    wont you be hit by +20% when it hits UK though? I'd have gone via Serious in Netherlands
    Not sure how it works tbh. Will I be expecting a bill of some sort?

No you wont get a bill, the transition period ends on the 31/12. Agree on the liume, its fantastic. The ceramic bezel really is high quality especially with lumed numerals too.

Lovely

Lovely

Lovely pal. Is that 3 now??

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Lovely pal. Is that 3 now??
    Yes, I must be mental.

Yes, I must be mental.

Haha. For sure! They look good though.

Lovely
    WOW! Absolutely stunning.
    I continue to maintain that this is the best bang for buck out there.

No you wont get a bill, the transition period ends on the 31/12. Agree on the liume, its fantastic. The ceramic bezel really is high quality especially with lumed numerals too.
    He may well be if it's coming from Hong Kong!

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Yes good point, I had it in my head it was coming from NL. I bought mine from Watchia who are in Denmark.

Master
    Arrived today

I completely disregarded that colour but having seen your pics. I'm strangely drawn to it now!!

I wish people would stop putting temptation in my way...!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk