closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Weird Text Message Charges

Weird Text Message Charges

I received my mobile phone bill with some unexpected expensive text messages this month and can't for the life of me work out what has happened. Can anyone help? Here's the story...

I placed an order with SlimWalletJunkie last month. Instead of getting emails, I got text message updates on the order. Totally legit, but the only odd thing is that the number these came from was interntional. +1 323 209 1117.

I received 3 order updates as shown:

Today, my mobile bill shows 5 text messages to this number, all on 7 December and being international, each is 65p! As you can see from the picture above, there is nothing sent to that number only received and nor would I have any reason to send any. However, vodafone are adamant my sim card sent 5 text messages.

The only other odd thing I can see is that the preview text does not match the last message...

I really don't care about the cost, moreso just what the hell happened! Anyone had this happen or can tell me how this works?

The 'view order' link is probably a malware install and subsequently, your phone is repeatedly texting the number @ 65p per text - lots of examples of similar via google.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

The fact that it tells you to text stop yo “unsubscribe” would worry me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    The 'view order' link is probably a malware install and subsequently, your phone is repeatedly texting the number @ 65p per text - lots of examples of similar via google.
    I can't see what they are getting out of it...65p goes straight to Vodafone for the USA text message!

This originates from a very popular company with TZ...anyone have the same?!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I can't see what they are getting out of it...65p goes straight to Vodafone for the USA text message!
    Perhaps, unless the number is a schill which is replicating a US one but is a UK premium one?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Maybe solved...the second image seems to suggest I added an exclamation mark to one of the text messages. This appears to be some crappy iPhone messaging thing called "tapback" which nobody uses. I tested it out on SMS messages and it seems to work by sending something.

Maybe slimwallets order update system works through a US company and I have "pocket dialled" some random iOS feature which in effect sent an international SMS.